Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-03-2003, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Wayne - My car is no animal. Out on the highway, it drives along like any other. The torque output forced me to ditch any hopes of fitting a reasonably priced manual trans, so I still look on at high revving, gear-banging Cobras with envy...

Goulburn is on from Friday the 3rd of October. It should be LOTS of fun! Hope to see you there!

Craig
Old 08-03-2003, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     
Default cob 351

Wayne,

Good to see another Cleveland shoehorned in to a Vic Cobra.
Great photos. Must have been a big buzz doing the GP.
I'm very jealous. I should have stuck a Robnell badge on the front of the REPTYL and snuck in.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1476 - Keith Craft 445ci, 636hp 613tq
Send a message via Skype™ to skippy
Not Ranked     

G'day fella's,

You better count me in as well. Are there any cobra fella's from Sydney on the forum ?

Would be nice to catch.

Let me know if your around my neck of the woods.

Cheers Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So, what the hell is an Aussie doing in Lux? Did you have many dramas getting the paperwork in order for the SPF? Many fast cars over there? I'm glad we can count you as a Sydney guy - anyone north of Victoria suits us Queenslanders just fine!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default HiYa Skippy

Good to meet ya mate...Sydney fellas are welcomed.

Like Craig said...we dont mind talking to you Sydney fellas
Old 08-11-2003, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     
Default anyone north of Victoria suits us Queenslanders just fine

Next You'll be wanting everything to the East and South of Vic aswell.

You can have the Kiwis, But we got Tassie!

baaa baaa
Old 08-11-2003, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

G'day lads,

I get the SPF next week, so christ wish me luck. We have a system here so anal you can't imagine. Like a huge factory where each year you bring your car through for all sorts of tests. Imagine even a new car before you get it has to go through the "System". But i know a few mates who will help out. So i'll let you know how that goes.

I have been working in Lux for the last 13 years arrived on back of a lorry and was with a nut case local bird for 7 years. Travelled on and off for 8 years doing the typical Aussie Hike and have been working as a broker trading bonds.

I get back to Oz normally each year. Dad lives in Brisy mum in Melbourne sister in Sydney and brother in cairns (though he will be over here next week for his tour of duty of the world)

Aussie mike how's the cobra building going ? I have been reading a lot of your threads.

750hp : Thats one awesome motor mate, i bet you wished you had the German Autobahn near by.

Thats one thing i don't miss in OZ, them bloody radar traps.

So if you guys head over here make sure you drop me a bone.

Stay well.

Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jason ... Yeah, I think we'll adopt Bernie as an honorary "non-Victorian".

Skippy... I'm surprised how composed the car feels at autobahn speeds (well, up to 250kmh or so - I ran out of racetrack ) As soon as we get a go at Avalon Airport Runway, I'm there. I think there's something cool about a radar-proven 300kmh that I'd like to have a go at... Anyone want to come along as passenger?

Your Dad will have no doubt told you how they effectively doubled the Qld speeding fines not long ago...

I bet you can't wait for the SPF. I hope it gets there without a hassle, unlike the scale model!
Old 08-11-2003, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cheers craig,

I have a passenger for you. Strap the video cam around the rollbar, struth 300kmh in a Cobra i did 295kmh in a porsche before it started miss firing.

I bought a camera mounting gear for the Cobra so stay tuned for some vid's.

I thought double merits was during the christmas period. Struth thats a bit harsh. Beforte you know it there going to give them drop bears a radar gun.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Well Hi to the United Nations

We are all here

Might stay an ex pat Victorian.

Still have the car and house in Victoria. Have the little red van registered there as its cheaper to keep the MCVAN number plate as a once off purchase price whereas the greedy SA's want about $300 per year to have a similiar plate on top of rego.

Alvin when your bored you may like to do a run to Mt. Gambier in the new car. Just 16 k over the border.

Have a message for Doug can you pass it on AC Andy??
Please send hood bows.

Andy if you see him standing around with nothing to do ask him "....are Bernies' hood bows done yet..??"

Seriously, I know he is busy but keep him fired up .

Say hi to all. If Rob gets over to see Doug keep him busy as he tells me he is enjoying retirement.

He called into see me last week but I was lying around on the Baja Deck in New Caledonia drinking N0.1 Noumea beer. This was after an exhaustivge 12 hour day of conferences

Looks like I will be walking around Wakefield with a long face. The trip away last week has really thrown me behind. But its work and someones got to do it.

Cheers all must go and work

Watch this space as Jason is working tonight. He is going for a record POSTS

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 08-11-2003, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry to dissapoint Bernie, There will be no records broken this week. We are short staffed, so the buggers have got me workin' for a change
Old 08-11-2003, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Skippy,

You're game, I sat in Craig's car stationary at idle and it was intimidating. Make sure you use a remote mike for that video camera and put it down on the floor. Otherwise all you will hear is the wind noise and your own screaming.

Cheers and welcome aboard.

Old 08-12-2003, 02:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, the sidepipes are off getting redone to try to knock the noise down a little. At the moment, there are just the headers and down to the 3 1/2" collectors. Reckon we should go for a drive like that?!?

Since the car has been on the road, I must have had 15 different families from around me drop in for a chat about the car. Without fail, they say they can hear the car CLEARLY from inside their house, but they don't mind because it's such a great sound. There is only one deadbeat neighbour that doesn't quite see/hear the beauty of a highly tuned sports car. I guarantee that there'd be a police car waiting at my place if we went for a drive around the block with open headers.....

Nice thought though...
Old 08-12-2003, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Hi all , craig m , another queenslander to bolster the ranks cob 460 mick
Old 08-12-2003, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good to see you back, Mick. Any gossip? I suppose Craig Thompson won't be needing any engines for a while, huh?
Old 08-13-2003, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah , hi craig, as luck would have it i hadn`t been down to crt for about 8 weeks before they had their visit, and i always wondered why he wanted me to fit a 12/71 to a helicopter motor ( ha) . apart from my regular job, i`m doing a bit of engine work at queensland perf & dyno at caboolture , and i know he only manufactures engines, ( ha) . gotta get over to see your monster soon to, the pictures are just driving me nuts , i have to see it in real life .

low profile Mick

Last edited by cob460; 08-13-2003 at 08:08 PM..
Old 08-14-2003, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah, nothing like a boosted Chopper for a quick getaway!!! My pipes are being redone at the moment, but I'll be going down to Sanctuary Cove for the next breakfast. See you there?
Old 08-15-2003, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey,

Jason if we can get these guys to sign up as members of the Club we will have the biggest club of all time.

And I thought I was building a rare car.

Sorry about the short post but must go to bed now as I am excited about driving the car around the factories in Thomastown tomorrow. Final shake down before the body goes on for the last time.

Will have photos on once I can work out how to do it.

I will ring you Jason to help me through the maize.

Cheers

Bernie
Old 08-17-2003, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie, Doug has no possible spare minutes for your hood bows! Ha Ha. We have a big block to finish! Hopefully it will beon the road by the end of March. Chassis is being powder coated at the moment, then we start to put it together for the final time!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 08-17-2003, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Hey,

Hope it doesn't rain on the way to Goulbourn if I take the car up.

Need the hood bows as the trimmer in the neighbouring factory wants to throw some clothe over them to do a rough cut.

I think I will take the car up - even in Gel coat - as I have just read the plan for the weekend and the "Show and Shine sounds great .

Looks like I cannot miss this

Jason - short staffed at work or has the Boss (read Judy) found out how little gets done when she is not there supervising.

Sounds like staff cuts to me..

If you get the email let me know how they can be posted or post them for me. I will send some later photos soon.

Had a visit on Saturday at McDonald Bros racing by John Cini and Mike Moore both came over to have a look. Their encouragement is probaly the real reason I will take the car to Goulbourn.

Went for as drive up to Mikes shed and he is promising both the Extreme Roadster and the new Cobra at Goulbourn

Mikes new Cobra looks good and will really perform withthe LS1 gear.

Heard that Laurie - ....'there is tread on my tyres'.. - may be without his car for a while.

There a real story there. No more test drives for potential customers.

Would have liked to have heard what Carmen said when Laurie got home - ...'Laaauurrie whaaat have you dooone...'??

Might leave that one alone.

Jason - How many members now in Victoria?

Cheers

Bernie

Last edited by BMK; 08-17-2003 at 05:54 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: