Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-19-2003, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

I guess not everyone can afford track tyres.
Most of the Vics drive up, race and drive home, can't fit another 4 wheels with slicks in a cobra boot

Maybe they should have an open class for the real racers.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Most of the Qlders have a "little" further to travel than the Vics, but they can still manage to organise a tintop or two to carry spares. I agree with you about an open class for guys that want to go as fast as possible on a racetrack.

Please tell me it's not a public liability issue. If it is, you'll probably hear my screams of agony from your place....
Old 08-20-2003, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Please tell me it's not a public liability issue. If it is, you'll probably hear my screams of agony from your place....
If I was to find out it was a pub/liability problem I wouldn't hear your screams. I'd be unconscious after knocking my scone against the wall. PL has killed motor sport for small club like ours. We use to have our own days at DECA and book out airstrips and not have to worry about the thousands of dollars in excess and strict rules. Those days have gone and it's only getting worse.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree. It's for that reason that I've never bothered even getting a CAMS license. Queensland Raceway have private practice days that are available basically whenever the Qld V8 Supercar teams haven't booked the track through the week.

For a one-off track license fee of $30-, you can have full use of the track for a 4 hour session for only $75-, and the next 4 hours for $25-. I can drive my car until both it and I are worn out for the princely sum of $100-. No paperwork bull****, no marshalls, no radar traps - just some long straights, the car, me and an addictive dose of adrenalin.

If a few other Cobra owners happen to turn up on the same day, then by pure coincidence we might get out on the track together without having all the Club related PL problems.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

It's really looking the business Scott. With all the duct work it kinda looks like a smaller version of Craigs monster. Does it all fit under the bonnett?. How does it go for heat around the Turbo?

Cheers

Old 08-28-2003, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah Scott - do something original next time!!! Oh, that's right - you made mine too! Looks like you're stuck in a rut with the intercooler tubing!!!

Anyway, forced induction on Cobras is old hat now. Everyone's doing it these days....

Time for something else - how about a 4WD Cobra? That's a novel idea
Old 08-29-2003, 05:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmm, think I might have an old Range Rover chassis lying around somewhere!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: