Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-26-2004, 06:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Tsk! Tsk! Mrs Flatchat.

Nuh..you got me all wrong... I really do look after my first wife. I do all the considerate things like make sure the mower starts really easy for her and make sure the whipper snipper's got heaps of the twine stuff.

You gotta understand that I've led a very sheltered childhood. So sheltered that I fathered two kids before I found out what caused em, so you gotta spell these things out for me.

Now...explain this "take an attractive lady out for a spin" bit for me? What do I do with this attractive lady once she's in the seat?.

The last time I did something even remotely like that I had to marry the girl and that's what got me into this mess in the first place.

I think you're just trying to get me into trouble.... In fact I suspect you may even be really evil

Keep it up...My kinda girl

Last edited by Rebel1; 03-26-2004 at 06:37 AM..
Old 03-26-2004, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebel1

Now...explain this "take an attractive lady out for a spin" bit for me? What do I do with this attractive lady once she's in the seat?.
Nothing, if you want to keep your first wife as your wife and not as the woman who took scissors to your manhood.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
My lovely wife at the wheel:

Old 03-26-2004, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs 66 Snake

Nothing, if you want to keep your first wife as your wife and not as the woman who took scissors to your manhood.
Mrs 66 Snake ... I'm gonna put a challenge to you

If you can find a pair of scissors that small to do the job, then you're invited to Aussie land to do the job.

I'll even introduce ya to the first wife...I'm sure you and she will get on like a house on fire.

Ohh..... by the way...... Make sure you come in summer... will make the job a whole lot easier.

Cheeky bu$$a you are
Old 03-28-2004, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     
Cool

Rebel1

Firstly do you actually have a wife? You mentioned the FIRST wife.
Does that mean that you had a wife once and you're not married anymore, or you now have a second wife. Is she interested in driving the Cobra? Do you want her to be interested or not?

If you do," taking an attractive female for a spin" means just that: you keep both hands on the wheel and just drive. You then comment to your wife/partner about what an enjoyable experience it was. Maybe then she will think that if someone else finds you exciting [or was it the raw power of the Cobra ] then perhaps she should get involved. Or maybe you would prefer she stayed home and mowed the lawn!!!!

Mrs Flatchat.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Having arrived back from the exciting weekend at Warwick, I thought I would let you know how it all went. We have a new committee in Qld {Aust} and the Show 'n' Shine was won by Paul Gillis.

The party at night was a real hoot with everyone making an effort with their costumes. I thought my Dolly Parton outfit was pretty cool but some Saloon Dancer with fishnet stockings took the cake. The line dancing lessons fell on deaf feet. However some of the participants are obviously closet line dancers and the prize for the best dancers were a couple who must have done this sort of thing before.

After breakfast we {all the guys and 2 WOMEN } headed out to the racetrack at Morgan Park. We were able to use the short circuit as timing equipment was being installed on the main track.
Everyone had a great time. Even those who had never driven their Cobras on a racetrack before. The corners are very tricky on this circuit and it was a really good lesson in car handling. I had some new Michelin tyres and although they aren't exactly soft, they sure hung on better than the old tyres I had before.

Next weekend I am off to the dirt circiut {autocross } in the "Datmobile" , my Datsun 1200 mentioned before, to have some lessons in how to drive sideways. I figure it will make me a better driver. Seeing as I have passed the tests for a FIA Rally Licence and I am off to the Targa Tasmania in 4 weeks, they might come in handy!!!

Mrs Flatchat.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mrs Flatchat

Or maybe I'm on my third wife and yes I'm a married fella.

My current wife is not unfortunately a petrol head or even an auto enthusiast. She so lacks auto savvy that she doesn't even know where to top up the oil in her daily driver. Even tho the salesman who delivered it pointed out the 4 white lids in the engine compartment which require regular checking..

The first wife had the exact same view and once completely destroyed the engine in a 60,000 Klm toyota Camry when a red light accompanied by an alarm came on, and on looking she noticed the temp gauge in the red. She them thought that she should check things out at the next garage she came across. About 45 seconds later she was strandard on the side of the road with a siezed Toyota.

Then there is Elizabeth..now she is a very classy lady and hates getting her nails dirty. She has a habit of driving bare footed. As soon as she gets into a car the shoes came off. Now..often there would be several pairs of shoes in the drivers footwell, under the drivers seat etc., and I used to warn her about the likelyhood of one of these shoes finding their way under a brake pedal...guess what?...yep..that destroyed a 30.000Klm Magna station wagon.

Now, I just love watching ladies being competitive and pushing exotic machinery around. I would love to have a partner who would enjoy doing so, but, alas no.

Unfortunately It seems the ladies I am attracted seem more intent on destroying nice cars.

Maybe if I take your advice and "Find an attractive lady to take her seat" I may find one who appreciates mechanical thingys.

Do I havta keep both hands on the wheel tho?. That sounds a little restrictive to me.

Last edited by Rebel1; 03-28-2004 at 04:39 PM..
Old 03-29-2004, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Les,

You've piqued my curiousity about Elizabeth.

What did she do when she got out of her car? Go barefoot? I'm picturing an attractive woman walking (in shoes) to the garage, getting in, shoving shoes back up under seat (I know this move well), driving, arriving and then walking barefoot through the grocery store. Or maybe slipping them back on and then when she got home barefooted just running into the house.

Colleen
Old 03-29-2004, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mrs 66 Snake.

Would you believe, after she planted the Magna into the side of this other car, she got out barefooted and started to abuse the other driver.

Now, Elizabeth stands no more than 5' 1", and could really use colorful language if the opportunity presented itself. She really let fly with some at this really timid and by now, extremely upset victim whos car she had destroyed.

After about 5 minutes of non stop abuse the other driver got out of his car and in a soft controlled voice " You are forgiven my child, the lord has watched over us and kept us from harm"

She hadn't noticed the two gold crucifix on his collar.

Cheers
Old 03-30-2004, 01:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Think I will keep my shoes on..

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 03-30-2004, 06:02 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Default name the cobra

hey, Bernie, head over to Texas Cobra club forum and join the thread on Dallas April Meeting. Looking for your "input"

Kristen
Old 04-01-2004, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

hey'littlecobra

Now I jus checked out your gallery.

That has got to be the cleanest garage I've ever seen. Looks like a few of us need to call over and have a few beers and mess it up a little.

Heading across to the Texas Cobra Club now

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-02-2004, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Les,

If interstate rivalry is not enough, your now stirring the pot with the fairer sex. Shame on you!

Hey if it wasn't for my gorgeous one, I wouldn't have the car parked in the garage in the first place.

You certainly know how to ruffle the pretty feathers - you remind me of Castrol - slick!
Old 04-03-2004, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

TO ALL QLD COBRA OWNERS

I posted a new thread with information about events that are on in the next 2 months. I don't know where it went. Obviously I am a better Cobra driver than a computer driver. And how do I get those Smilies onto my reply?

You are all so clever! By the way I have a good way to get tar and grease off the paintwork without a lot of effort. Try some "Gumption". It is in the supermarket in the cleaning products aisle. It is an old-fashioned paste cleaner and is excellent for everything in the kitchen, particularly ceramic stove tops, and is quite cheap. You just get a wet cloth or sponge and wipe it over the paste and apply it to the dirty area and a light rub, and presto it is gone!! Just rinse off and it is as good as new. Test it somewhere inconspicuous on your paintwork first. It is particularly good on white stripes.

And you know how you are told to put soapy water on the paintwork before you attach stickers so it can be moved around to get it straight? What a load of crap. It is much quicker to put it on dry onto a clean surface, but you have to get it straight first time. It is best to do this indoors as a big gust of wind will most certainly come up if you attempt this feat outside.

Come on girls, keep writing so the fellas get some ideas about what keeps us interested.
Drives in the country are great, along with a nice lunch and some other like-minded company. It never ceases to amaze me how people just ogle when they see a Cobra, but when there is more than one it is incredible. I always wave to them, and the kids just love it-- young and old.

Mrs Flatchat
Old 04-03-2004, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mrs Flatchat..I know where ya information thread went......but I not gonna tell ya....ner ner ner ner

And the smilies ......select one from the box over there: <-------

simple
Old 04-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Mrs. Flatchat: If you post your reply in the box at the bottom of the thread, there aren't any smilies. If you click on the box labeled "post reply" then the screen pops up with the smilies. After you write your sentence, slide over to the left and click the appropriate smilie. In your post it will say something, like if you picked the big grinning smilie, it will say "big grin smilie", if you clicked on the frown, it'll say "frown smilie",etc. Remember to click the "post reply" box, not just type in the box at the bottom of the thread. The smilie won't show up until you click "submit reply". It took me a bit to figure this out. There will be letters and symbols, but no smilies until you actually post the reply. Like for "laugh out loud" it'll say "LOL:" or something like that...

this reads kinda confusing. sorry!

kristen in Texas

Of course, some people's software "blocks" the smilies. The Post Reply box is just under the last post, to the right. it is in a little rectangle box.

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 04-03-2004 at 05:46 AM..
Old 04-03-2004, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Mrs Flatchat,

Your thread is on the front page.

Talking about the thread where is Macleans Bridge - somewhere near Beaudesert I think?

If I get off my a@#e, and get the car back to the paintshop, I might enter.

Old 04-04-2004, 01:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you hey, little cobra for the tip

I also found the thread I thought had been lost.

PCC --the McLeans Bridge Car Show is on Mt Lindsay Highway {or Beaudesert Rd} just before Jimboomba. Go out past Browns Plains and keep driving until you see lots of cars.

I am amazed that I have had a few replies to my post of last evening. Don't any of you guys do anything besides sit in front of your computer? Today I have been to the Cobra Club breakfast, and then rushed home to hook up the trailer with the "Datmobile", and off to the dirt circuit for a training day, along with my friend Fay who also has HER VERY OWN COBRA, and a trailer, as Mr Flatchat was off at another race meeting with ours,but blew his engine on the qualifying laps.

Guess what he'll be doing over Easter--- rebuilding the GT40 motor. Maybe I'll be able to catch up with the h-h-h-housework.

Mrs Flatchat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: