Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2004, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by 750hp

Al - it was good to meet up with another Cobra guy. You're really lucky to have a wife that shares your enthusiasm about the cars, too. The fact that she could hold her own against Qld's official ****stirrer is even more impressive ! Sorry the drive was such a short one, but I was hoping that you could join up with the rest of the cars for the trip to the Dam. Next time you're up here, maybe I can show you how he car feels with some Nitto drag radial tyres, and therefore better traction. The datalogging showed maximum throttle position of 62%, so there's a bit left for you for next time.
62%! 62% They don't make nappies absorbent enough to hold 100%

That was a blast Craig. Here I was thinking that atmo LS1 with cam and mafless tune would be enough?! HHMMmmmm gonna havta rethink that idea. Blown V8 grunt - can only think of one thing better. Les does it get any better for you?

Hi Mike, checked out the Dark Side web page. I'm impressed!
However, I've got a suggestion. Would you mind making the tongue on Jabba a little bit bigger!! Mrs NASSTY asks if she could be Princess Leah in chains by my side!

Cheers

Last edited by NASSTY; 07-08-2004 at 09:56 PM..
Old 07-08-2004, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hey Al, Mrs NASSTY looks nuffin like Princess Leah, but the other lady I saw ya with does tho.

Hey...What ya think of our little brekky venue heh? .. Nice hey?.

Did ya notice all those trillion dollar cruisers?... You know what holds em all in place, FORD mate.....Good olde ford cast iron blocks...last a lifetime they do.

They did try some of the dark side blocks but they didn't last....something about em rating high on the elctrolysis scale and sacrificing themselves.

Should be more of it.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

G'day Les.

Yep, great venue for brekky. Worth the hike to get there - took two hrs from Mooloolaba. Mrs NASSTY and I were overwhelmed by the hospitality of you northerners. Much appreciated. After we left we took the direct route to Atkinson's Dam where the hosiptality continued;
"So you finally made it?"
"Yeh," I replied. "Couldn't get away from Les!" I said!

Ah, the Nats are going to be fun catching and having a crownie with up with all you Qlds.

Cheers Les!
Old 07-09-2004, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I have finnaly uploaded the latest pics of my engine, if all goes well I should have the lot sitting in the chassis by tomorrow night.
Then I can make a gearbox mount on Sunday.
I will try to keep the pics rolling in at a steady stream and you can pick and choose pics as you like for the website.
If you cant copy them from here then let me know and I can email them to you.

P.S Mike, you have a pm from me.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX 351C Cleveland ,T5 box
Not Ranked     

Hi Mike

Like the pipe work . I am looking at making header and water pipe work out of stainless bends. What welder and cutting tools are the best and also how to polish out thise welds .

Nice project keep us informed of your progress.

Cheers from John u.k.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi John,

I've got a small Tig welder and it's great on mild steel and stainless steel tube work.

I use a metal cutting band saw drop saw to cut up my tubing as it makes nice square cuts. You can just as easily do it by hand with a hacksaw though.

If you make the joints with nice tight clearances you can fusion weld the tubes together with no filler rod. This will polish up beautifully but you will still see the weld. I fusion welded mine but used a bit of filler rod as the fusion weld undercuts the join a little. I wanted to linish back the welds so it looks like the whole thing was made from one piece.

To finish off the welds and polish the pipes I've got a belt linisher attachemnt on my bench grinder. I use a coarse emery belt to take down the weld and then a finer belt to blend out the weld. I finish off the linishing with a scothbrite belt for a fine brushed finish which looks pretty good too.

Next I buff the pipe using a stiched sisal mop on a spindle on bench grinder and use the black polishing compound. Then I go to a stiched callico mop with brown compound and finally a loose leaf callico mop with white compound. It takes a bit of practice and patience but the results come up like chrome.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Old 07-12-2004, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I've got a small Tig welder and it's great on mild steel and stainless steel tube work.
I use a metal cutting band saw drop saw to cut up my tubing as it makes nice square cuts. You can just as easily do it by hand with a hacksaw though.
If you make the joints with nice tight clearances you can fusion weld the tubes together with no filler rod. This will polish up beautifully but you will still see the weld. I fusion welded mine but used a bit of filler rod as the fusion weld undercuts the join a little. I wanted to linish back the welds so it looks like the whole thing was made from one piece.
To finish off the welds and polish the pipes I've got a belt linisher attachemnt on my bench grinder. I use a coarse emery belt to take down the weld and then a finer belt to blend out the weld. I finish off the linishing with a scothbrite belt for a fine brushed finish which looks pretty good too.
Next I buff the pipe using a stiched sisal mop on a spindle on bench grinder and use the black polishing compound. Then I go to a stiched callico mop with brown compound and finally a loose leaf callico mop with white compound. It takes a bit of practice and patience but the results come up like chrome.
Nice work Mikie,
but I'd do it a little different.....

Jump in the Magna...head to Repco.
Not only is it quicker, but you don't get RSI explaining your technique in a 'how to' thread.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX 351C Cleveland ,T5 box
Not Ranked     

Mike

Many thanks for the information. Lots of great information and its put me on the right track on what I need to be doing .
I needto start looking for a Tig welder and linishing grinder
I surpose a powerful motor will be best.

Cheers John