Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   side pipes on ebay (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/69460-side-pipes-ebay.html)

dbn04 05-11-2006 07:51 PM

side pipes on ebay

found these if anyone is interested .

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AC-COBRA-COBR...QQcmdZViewItem

Aussie Mike 05-11-2006 09:18 PM

Not the most atractive design I've seen. The collector looks pretty ordinary.

Not sure how he can claim they are ADR approved?

Cheers

400TT 05-11-2006 10:32 PM

I can see it now...

Police Officer: "...you appear to be running side exhausts..."

Craig: "Officer, these side exhausts are legal, I bought them off ebay and the guy said they were ADR approved."

Police Officer: [doubled over because he is laughing so hard]

:D :D :D

dbn04 05-11-2006 10:58 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bryan Wilson 05-12-2006 12:06 AM

Re: ADR for pipes

Sorry to put a damper on the jocularity but I suggest you all reread all the text of the add.%/
Cheers,
Bryan

400TT 05-12-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilson
Sorry to put a damper on the jocularity but I suggest you all reread all the text of the add.%/
Cheers,
Bryan

Why, he mentions he has ADR compliant side pipes available. I would like to see that paperwork.

More than likely he might have bundled in some cats and made them quiet enough to pass the required sound levels. I don't think any regulatory body actually will approve side pipes.

If side pipes could be made legal these days, I reckon Superformance would have done it. They have a ADR compliant 347 stroker, now that's dedication. And a lot of other features on their cars that the rest of us cannot get approved.

stuartt 05-12-2006 02:08 AM

Pretty dissapointing when compared to that Aussie Mike has in his gallery

Bryan Wilson 05-12-2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400TT
If side pipes could be made legal these days, I reckon Superformance would have done it. They have a ADR compliant 347 stroker, now that's dedication. And a lot of other features on their cars that the rest of us cannot get approved.

I am fairly sure Robnell's were being registered with working live side pipes.
see this thread http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...t=68997&page=3
Cheers,
Bryan

400TT 05-12-2006 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilson
I am fairly sure Robnell's were being registered with working live side pipes.
see this thread http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...t=68997&page=3
Cheers,
Bryan

That's the rumour...if they did get them approved, we should be able to get them approved.

In QLD the main sticking point is exhaust exiting to the passenger side of the vehicle. Seems that Robnell's had the exhaust pointing downwards. Maybe that is a way around that legislation.

boxhead 05-12-2006 09:38 PM

I have had some dealings with the guy sealing these pipes and I will let you know now that the sale fell through after alot of un answered emails.

400TT 05-12-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400TT
That's the rumour...if they did get them approved, we should be able to get them approved.

I've done some research, you could say I contacted The Myth Busters. :D

Robnell side pipes were never approved. They were for racing use only.

Also the multi-throttle body/motec injection was not approved.

Oh well. :(

venom0427 06-06-2006 04:13 AM

Side Pipes On Ebay That Do Work???????, Well Im The Guy Who Built Them, And As For Adr Thay Pass, I Have Built Over Ten Of Them Over The Past Ten Years Or So, And You Are Correct About The Adr For The Left Hand Side Being Allowed, But Now Its Straight Out The Back. The Pipes I Build Have Cats And Co2 Sencor Mountings. The System Goes Back, Under The Chassis And Over The Rear Axle And Out The Back. So Thay Pass....now About That Part That Box Head Was Looking For, I Sold Up Prity Much Every Thing I Had To Do With Cobras(sick Of The Bullsht) So I Accadently Drove Up To A Factory Some Time Back And Sore What Was Being Built, :cry: :lol: %/ (and What Ever Smily And Sad Face You Can Think Of, I Ent Back Home And After Some Long Sole Serching I Decided To Build Stuff For The Industory. Now Back To Th Parts, Sorry But As Fas I Can Remember I Treated You Prity Farly And Even Thru Some Stuff In... It Makes You Think....... Well My Names David, And Ive Been Building These Things For Over 13 Years And Did Some Conversions On The Vipers, Prowlers. Built A D-type And A Few 40s. So I Know A Little (not A Lot, Its Been A While) So Im Not Here To Rock The World Or Destroy And Industory, Im Just Here To Have Fun Doing What I Fell And A Lot Other People Fell I Do Best Build Fu Ing Good Cars......thanks For Listning....... Ps: My Spelling Is Still Crap.

ferociousfish 06-06-2006 04:27 AM

wow....that is one of the hardest-to-read posts I've ever....well...read.

Gav 06-06-2006 04:30 AM

Wow, are you angry venom? It's kinda hard to tell.
Gav.

venom0427 06-06-2006 04:42 AM

No, Not Angry, But You Guys Are Right It Is Hard To Read. ......losts Of Years Of Built Up Tension

BMK 06-06-2006 04:59 AM

Tension....:confused:

I'll show you tension..F#ck, Hell, Sh*#, F&*k you all..

venom0427 06-06-2006 05:13 AM

i just feel that just by coinsudenc that i get on this web site to try and find some hub addaptors for the rims and finding the coments on the pipes. it would have been nicer to have a ph call insted or an email to quire them. oh well, what can you do..........this time ill trythe spell check thingy... no it didnt wokk

Aussie Mike 06-06-2006 05:14 AM

Tax time again Bernie? :LOL:

Aussie Mike 06-06-2006 05:23 AM

Welcome to the forum venom0427

Don't get disheartened, this place is a bit like a lot of car blokes chatting at the pub. We all speak our mind as we are all fairly familiar and comfortable with each other. This can be a bit of a shock to a new member but don't worry just jump in boots and all.

If you are after pin drive wheel adaptors, I got mine from CTC down in Waragul Vic. They are the Australian Superformance agents. Alternatively you could try Vintage Wheels in the US (They advertise on here) one of our aussie crew on here brought over a set along with the wheels and got a ripper deal. You could also try Trigo in the US who I believe used to supply Superformance.

Cheers

Bryan Wilson 06-06-2006 06:26 AM

David,
That is some of the best :rolleyes: spelling I think I have ever seen.
Try clicking on this http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/spelling.gif it works for me.
Cheers,
Bryan