Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2006, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I didn’t read the next page......the first car to come in to Australia was GV and Sam Demetrius (I think that’s how you spell it).
I first worked on his car in 1996 it was black, but George and his brother also brought 1 in or they brought them in together. Anyway GV fell out with his brother and Sam had it sitting in his garage for a few years, until he came to me.

Sam and George were the first. And it isn’t a dax that’s for shore. The dax was 1” longer and 1” wider in the compartment, and a completely different shape.
As for you’re farther, I can’t answer that, but I can say one thing for shore, the car in garage is the same as the artnz, and the rmc is nothing like mine, .lorries (sorry rcm) GV, RC and Venom.

You are right about robnell
Old 09-09-2006, 11:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Im getting confused?

Nothing new.

Regards
Old 09-10-2006, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

As far as I am concerned, my car isnt a Cobra replica but rather a Cobra Hot Rod.
The body shape is near enough for me to be happy, anyway how many Cobra's in 196X something had a gen III in it?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

I was also told the RMC came from the Arntz.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I've looked closely at the CR body and compared it to the ones I saw in the US and I'm about convinced it's been taken from an Everet Morrison. The internal tub is identicle and on his earlier bodies still had the boss for the accelerator pedal linkage molded into the passengers side foot box.

Have a look at these EM pics and see if you can pick it.

check out the bonet lock sections on this pic:

Have a look at those front and rear wheel arch flares on this pic:

Check out the lack of a door sill, shape of the tunnel and the door pockets in this pic:

There are a lot of other details as well that make me think the bodys original was an EM.

Cheers

Old 09-10-2006, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree Mike, I got the air ducts for the front of mine from EM, looking at their web site it looks the same to me. The EM also have no dish on the rear wheels.

steve
Old 09-10-2006, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Dead Ringer

Mike
I also agree, it would be hard to argue that it isnt the same car/ Body.

I was given a DVD for fathers day that features Everett Morrison replicas and I must say there were a few details that looked very similar.

I am not sure who or where I heard this but someone said that the "cobra" is the most replicated car ever, and some have even replicated the replicas!!

Phil
Old 09-10-2006, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cr427

HI Chris,
You mention your father in one of your posts as being assoicated with the cobra business, would he be Ian from Classic Revival??

Phil
Old 09-11-2006, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando
Im getting confused?

Nothing new.

Regards

sorry, thats just me
Old 09-11-2006, 12:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Philm,
NO, I said my father knew one of the fellows who imported the original Arnts plug - he was in no way associated with manufacturing anthything!
A little more on the subject, one of the reasons I went with the Classic Revival was the ORIGINAL shape. It was compared to the original of David Ratcliff's in a photo shoot - see Aust Classic Car Feb 2003. It has shots of both cars side by side & the author was so impressed with the LACK of difference. To my knowledge, these are the only pics of a replica & original together for comparsion.
Chris
Old 09-11-2006, 01:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Just lost something I needed.

HI Chris,

Thanks for that, how about some pics on your build and some info about yourself.

Phil
Old 09-11-2006, 01:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I'm updating the CR register again. Send me some details if you want to be included.

Cheers

Old 09-11-2006, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chris, what state are you in?

Is your car finished?

Ben
Old 09-11-2006, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1
I was also told the RMC came from the Arntz.
I dunno. The RMC has a droopy butt like the G-Force, Classic Glass, and Dax.

Robnell does look different too all the rest, so could be a RAM as V.0427 says.

Dean Fava in Adelaide has a Black RAM, and there is one here localy a guy has squirreled away in a shed.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Robnell is definitely different to the rest of the bodies here. Except for it's droopy nose, I really like the shape of the Robnell, by far my favourite of the local Oz replicas.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hodgson
I dunno. The RMC has a droopy butt like the G-Force, Classic Glass, and Dax.

Robnell does look different too all the rest, so could be a RAM as V.0427 says.

Dean Fava in Adelaide has a Black RAM, and there is one here localy a guy has squirreled away in a shed.
OOpsy, I meant to say copied from a Dax.

Where's my medication.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

It seems that DRB is not getting many compliments from a shape point of view in this little thread.

Is also interesting that there are not too many DRB owners / enthusiasts on this site either.

How is it that DRB has probably the best coverage in Australia yet is frowned upon by many?

Having viewed many an original I do not see any replica's holding true to the original shape.

DRB's are probably further away than most in that they sit so low and the EFI version has one hell of a scoop.

At the end of the day it's what you are happy with and I can tell all the current builders that Joe Public on the street thinks that ALL of these cars are simply awesome I'm still getting asked questions from all kinds of people when she goes out for a spin.

Having owned a Cobra for a few years now, its not until you own one that you only then realise what is good or bad about your own car. Personal preference I presume as well as expanding your knowledge for such sites as this.

If you want an original Cobra then you should save your pennies and buy one. If not then simply enjoy what you have because all that do not own one will wish they owned yours.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Petes very right. Among the general puclic no-one would realise the shapes vary so much, its not until you see enough, and become intimate with whats around (not literally - although some of use do need to install very large side pipes)

I like the shape of my CR. Even though its prob not spot on, its close enough. I like the higher doors, as it makes you look like you more IN the car then ON the car. But this is just my opinion - its what you like. So whiles its great to know which one is the closest, where they did come from (more for curiosities sake) which one is most like the original, in many ways I prefer the look of mine to an original. Then again - I also prefer chevies to fords
Old 09-11-2006, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Chris,

Good point you make about the magazine article. As Tenrocca stated its all academic any way. I have a CR and more than happy with what I bought. There a few things I wished Ian would do differently that would make life easier but we cant loose sight of the fact that these vehicles are very limited production without the development $$$ to make them perfect. It just adds to the satisfaction you get when you do something that makes the car feel better. Ian is limited by ADR's but still produces a vehicle that has better dynamics than the originals. The important thing is he has built a very strong chassis that can be played with by us punters to get it the way we want .

No matter what kit you own just be wrapt that you are part of a group of like minded people that love what they are doing.

Phil
Old 09-11-2006, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Heresy, Andrew. Let me count the ways! Especially that unpleasant first bit!
Richard