Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-22-2006, 03:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question After an unfinished Cobra chassis that was started as a project but never fininshed.

I'm after a unfinished Cobra Chassis that someone has started and never finished because they either got bored with the project or just realise they don't have the time. I have the figreglass shell of a cobra at home and are trying to hunt down an unfinished chassis so I can begin my project. It does'nt matter if its not designed for our shell, my fater and i can pretty much moddify anything to fit. I would have already had a Chassis that my cousin payed $14,000 to be started but Robnell went into liquidation and that money was blown and the Chassis was never started as far as we have been able to find out..
So if anyone has or knows of a Chassis lying around, please let me know.
I live in country Victoria and don't mind having to travel to track one down
Thanks for you time.
Nathan
Old 11-22-2006, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cobra-Replica...QQcmdZViewItem

This car on ebay may be worth having a look at.

Brett

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 11-22-2006, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Contact Matry at.

Kenmer Engineering Pty Ltd
5 Tower Ct, Noble Park, VIC 3174 - (03) 9701 6037

Has a couple good strong chassies fabricated and engineered and ready to go.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

are the guys at Essendon still doing the cars or are they out of it?

I've also tried to buy parts.

PS: don't touch the Toyota crown stuff, they will never get registered here in Vic, and on the body they have a manger fault on the rear of the l/hand tail light, it's out by about 2" to 2-1/2". the cars were built by auto styling in the early eighties. they do get past in WA,

try the trading post, eBay or give some of the kit builders a ring to see if someone has pulled the pin on there project, they might offload it cheep. it's amazing how many people looz interest or get scared when it gets to a roller $$.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

You can also still get crown based Cobra's registered in QLD.

Unless you are particularly found of the body you have, you might be better off selling it and buying a complete body/chassis unit. Probably work out to be slightly more expensive, but you will be building a brand kit which will be much easier to sell. Plus it will save you a lot of work & possibly some heartache.

Other than that, I'm guessing some of the manufacturers will sell chassis units separately.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Laurie Bongailas, RCM, will sell a chassis separately. It's very strong and uses Jag suspension. Last I heard he sold a chassis for about $3000. He's based in Blackburn, Melbourne. If you're interested in contacting him I'll PM you his details.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: