Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Yahoo- It's finally arrived.

Stopped by Neil Streeting's workshop this morning and there was this bloody great semi trailer in the driverway with a Container from W.A. on the back.

It was all hands on deck as MY RMC was unloaded. You should have seen it in its gleaming white gell coat. I could have cried with joy. Yippee. You little beauty.

Now the real fun starts.

BAZ.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Baz ,
...surely you had a camera on hand or was the hand somewhere else??
..We need pictures to share your joy.. Hope the build goes well..

ATB Paul

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Yeppers, second wot Paul said....where was the blu$$y camera?.

Don't go ripping the body off the chassis yet....let it settle as it's prolly a little green.

Is this the first RMC outta the factory with Chev mounts?.

Would love a pic of under the bonnet with footbox views to see what the factory has done to fit the Chev.

I'm pleased with how mine has turned out.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Come on fellas, give me SOME credit. Of course I had the camera with me, but unfortunately only of the film variety. I took a sh##t load of photos which are in being developed as we speak. Neil took some with his digital. When he emails them to me, I'll put them into this post as soon as someone explains to me "How to post digital photos into the Chat Forum?"

Rebel 1, you said not to rip the body off the chassis yet and to let it settle for a while. How long do you suggest before I separate the two. I am sending the chassis to have it laser checked for squareness etc. etc. then powder coated and painted. At the same time, the body will be going to the paint shop to be prepared and painted internally, engine bay and underneath.

At our request, RMC haven't included any mounts for the LS2. We are welding them on when we work out the exact positioning for the motor, bearing in mind that it's having a 6 speed Trptronic HSV auto behind the donk, all brand new crated stuff.

I can get a photo under the bonnet with footbox views if you like, but seeing that there are no mounts attached, would that achieve anything?

Baz.

Last edited by Baz; 10-04-2007 at 12:06 AM..
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Baz

Great news mate. Now the fun starts.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Baz, don't get the chassis work done yet.

I have found the sort of chassis work you refer is best left to the end.

Certainly have it laser checked but leave the painting till later.

You may well want to weld bits and pieces or make changes that would ruin your chassis finish. However, I am not familiar with the inclusions on latest chassis but essentially mine is an early version of your chassis. Still the twin side rail type but they now may well include some bits left off. Handbrake mount for instance. RMC used to just mount the lever to the glass tunnel and you'd almost rip it off in use.....I welded a bracket to the chassis to which the handle mounts.

I have also found the Jag diff mounting varies from chassis to chassis. I had to drill mine to properly fit the diff center. A friend of mine was impatient fitting his diff and fitted it as the factory recommends. He can no longer get the diff out of the car.

You will also find the RMC has a very narrow tunnel. This is good as it makes for a wide footbox and extra width for seats, but makes fitting later gearboxes a bit of a challenge needing some metalwork.

Fitting the L76 has been easy with the only modification being a rework of the alternator position. This is not unusual with the chev as the alternator is mounted to the lower left of the engine right where the chassis steps up over the steering rack.

You may want to also cut the inside top corners off the footboxes to give you a bit more room to get at spark plugs and decent bends on your headers.

If you want any advice re this give me a yell.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1
Baz, don't get the chassis work done yet.

I have found the sort of chassis work you refer is best left to the end.

Certainly have it laser checked but leave the painting till later.

You may well want to weld bits and pieces or make changes that would ruin your chassis finish. However, I am not familiar with the inclusions on latest chassis but essentially mine is an early version of your chassis. Still the twin side rail type but they now may well include some bits left off. Handbrake mount for instance. RMC used to just mount the lever to the glass tunnel and you'd almost rip it off in use.....I welded a bracket to the chassis to which the handle mounts.

I have also found the Jag diff mounting varies from chassis to chassis. I had to drill mine to properly fit the diff center. A friend of mine was impatient fitting his diff and fitted it as the factory recommends. He can no longer get the diff out of the car.

You will also find the RMC has a very narrow tunnel. This is good as it makes for a wide footbox and extra width for seats, but makes fitting later gearboxes a bit of a challenge needing some metalwork.

Fitting the L76 has been easy with the only modification being a rework of the alternator position. This is not unusual with the chev as the alternator is mounted to the lower left of the engine right where the chassis steps up over the steering rack.

You may want to also cut the inside top corners off the footboxes to give you a bit more room to get at spark plugs and decent bends on your headers.

If you want any advice re this give me a yell.
Thanks for the info Rebel, you've told me everything except how to post my photos? HELP!!!!!

Baz
Old 10-04-2007, 02:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #73 with an L76 6 litre CHEV, T56, 6SPEED,R32 Rear end.
Not Ranked     
Default Yahoo!

Baz,

All the best with the build and the family. Hope it all goes well.

regards

Mick
Old 10-04-2007, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

You have upload them to your gallery then click on the pics you want to post. then click on add to clip board. open a post and paste and post.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by alffie
You have upload them to your gallery then click on the pics you want to post. then click on add to clip board. open a post and paste and post.

Copy that Alfie. Over and out.

Baz.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mornin Bernie...
Just finished my Hotcakes and Hashbrowns... NO CAFE coffee at the local Maccas.... what's the go Bernie??? where's the Mac Cafe for me???

Paul

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-06-2007, 12:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Baz

As you have this photo in your gallery five times - I'm guessing you'll stick with this colour scheme. Looks great.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-06-2007, 02:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell BB 429 (Sold) Contemporary Cobra CCX3682
Not Ranked     
Default Woo Hoo!

Baz

How good does it feel??

Congrats to you and please keep us posted on progress, or I can just ask Neal!

If your car is going to be anything like the way that album of yours is put together, then we are in trouble!

Stef
Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Knight
Baz

As you have this photo in your gallery five times - I'm guessing you'll stick with this colour scheme. Looks great.

Bernie
Sorry Bernie,

I'm still experimenting with the 'Gallery'. You might say that this was my first effort and I stuffed up bad. Now I don't know how to delete 4 of the unwanted photos. This was my original colour choice. It was Trevor Simkins car and I was trying to find the paint batch numbers for the red. Finally tracked it down, but then changed my mind to 'Ignition Metallic', which is the burnt orange colour found on the new SS Commodores with gold stripes. The mind has changed for the 3rd time and I've NOW pretty well made my mind up. The new colour will be a bright turquoise with grey/silver stripes. I think that's pretty final as the body has to go to the paint shop soon for colour to go onto the interior, engine bay underside etc.

Can someone please tell me how to delete photos from the 'Gallery?' so I can clean up this mess.

I'm also having problems posting INTO the gallery. I took some pics using film of my cars arrival from RMC and then tried to scan them into the document, but 'Gallery' wouldn't accept them. HELP!!!!!!!

Baz
Old 10-07-2007, 01:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanog
Baz

How good does it feel??

Congrats to you and please keep us posted on progress, or I can just ask Neal!

If your car is going to be anything like the way that album of yours is put together, then we are in trouble!

Stef

Stef,

We weren't at Wakefield on the Saturday, but from what I've read, you cleaned up BIG TIME.

On the Saturday, you told me your car wasn't performing all that well. Did a miracle occur overnight? That Goulburn wind must have blown all the gunk out of it. How many trophies would you have walked off with if Robnell was really firing?

By the way, the album has grown considerably since you saw it.

Baz.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz
Sorry Bernie,

I'm still experimenting with the 'Gallery'. You might say that this was my first effort and I stuffed up bad. Now I don't know how to delete 4 of the unwanted photos. This was my original colour choice. It was Trevor Simkins car and I was trying to find the paint batch numbers for the red. Finally tracked it down, but then changed my mind to 'Ignition Metallic', which is the burnt orange colour found on the new SS Commodores with gold stripes. The mind has changed for the 3rd time and I've NOW pretty well made my mind up. The new colour will be a bright turquoise with grey/silver stripes. I think that's pretty final as the body has to go to the paint shop soon for colour to go onto the interior, engine bay underside etc.

Can someone please tell me how to delete photos from the 'Gallery?' so I can clean up this mess.

I'm also having problems posting INTO the gallery. I took some pics using film of my cars arrival from RMC and then tried to scan them into the document, but 'Gallery' wouldn't accept them. HELP!!!!!!!

Baz

HOLD IT. FORGET THAT LAST REQUEST. I THINK I'VE FINALLY WORKED IT OUT. I'LL TRY AND POST A PIC OF MY SELECTED PAINT JOB. SIMILAR TURQUOISE, POSSIBLY A BIT DARKER, WITH GREY/SILVER STRIPES.

I;ve fixed up my gallery and deleted the pictures which I dont want there and inserted ones I do want.

I am still having problems getting a photo from the Gallery into a post. I followed the instructions which I received in this thread a few days ago, but nothing seems to occur from where it says. 'Add to Clipboard'. Can someone take me through from there. I click the 'Add to Clipboard', but nothing seems to happen.

As far as 'Opening a post' and 'Paste and Post' is concerned, forget it. I need more HELP!!!!!

Baz

Last edited by Baz; 10-07-2007 at 02:02 AM..
Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Baz...
Did you grab this one nice looking car!!! another for your Gallery!!
Paul Sorry thought the scheme you were looking for was Burgundy and Silver ...MY bad....It was locked in my head after seeing your original Gallery!!

Last edited by OZCOBRA; 10-07-2007 at 09:38 PM..
Old 10-07-2007, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul

Check out the Cherry Black Cobra in my Gallery.

Also read my last quote and tell me where I'm going wrong when I try to post pics from my Gallery into a thread?

Baz
Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cherry Black is where I'm Going but a lot darker than that pic!!!!!!

Sorry i'm not the best to explain ....All self taught and lots of mistakes
You should be able to post any pic by(doulble click image,to enlarge it),then highlighting it,copy image(Right click option) then paste it into the insert image icon in the message box .You'll know you haven't grabbed(copied) image if the paste option isn't highlighted when you go to insert image... probably doesn't help much..I'm sure someone else will pipe up with a suggestion. Just keep trying and you'll find out what works it's all common sense.
Opening a Post??????
Paul

Last edited by OZCOBRA; 10-07-2007 at 10:05 PM..
Old 10-08-2007, 12:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Baz, Have a look here re posting pics. The first post from computerworks is what you want to know.

Tips on Picture Uploads and Image Sizes

Cheers

Last edited by Rebel1; 10-08-2007 at 12:13 AM..