Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-20-2007, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back in the saddle
Not Ranked     

Feb 23/24, 22nd is a Practice Day....

Winton Raceway. I will be heading up from CTC probably early morn 22nd, maybe evening 21st.

Do I hear "Convoy!"

the organisers are on this forum.

Cameron
Old 11-20-2007, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Graeme,
Everything is for sale. It just depends on the price!
I would consider unloading my Superformance if the the deal was right. Sadly, I have a bit of a thing for a Daytona!
Send me a private message.
Richard
Old 11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Hey there Richeard, there is no need to be sad for "Having a thing for a Daytona"

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Only sad I can't have both of them, Boxhead!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard,

a couple more plumbing jobs and you could easily have both tucked away..

Cameron
Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc
Hi folks,

After a few years of procrastination I'm finally actively thinking of taking the plunge and either buying or building a Cobra replica, or maybe buying a well made and looked after second hand replica. Although building a kit car appeals to me, I don't currently have access to suitable premises to store and build one in, so I'll likely pay to have it built.

Forgive me if this question has been done to death, but I really need the sage advice of Cobra owner-builders.

I have seen the supplier list on the Australian Cobra Car Club's site, and it seems from the NSW Cobra Club's pages that their members own quite a variety of Cobra "makes".

What would be useful to me, are pointers to any articles that discuss/compare the pros and cons of those various manufacturers' products, if available.

Cheers, Graeme
Graeme,

You sound like your in the identical position I was last July. Living in Sydney, you might like to contact Neil Streeting of Neil Streetings Automotive Reapirs at 54 Halstead Street, South Hurstville, 2221. NSW.

You can get Neil at his workshop on 9580-6748 or 9580-6201.

He is currently building my RMC / LS2 and came highly recommended from other members of this forum. He is a member of the NSW Cobra Club and has a beautiful RMC himself which picked up numerous trophies at this years Cobra Nats. There's not too much about Cobra construction that Neil doesn't know about.

He also encourages you to be part of the build and to assist in anyway you can which saves you $$$$ in the long run. I've found him extremely fair and reasonable. He recently told me that the Cobras he builds reflects personally on him. Everything has to be spot on in every detail.

You can send me a PM if you want any further information.

Baz.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Parsons
Richard,

a couple more plumbing jobs and you could easily have both tucked away..

Cameron
I'm sure you're not hitting the porcelain as hard as you used to, Cameron. Perhaps we can work on that deposit for the Daytona
Richard
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard, you have such a way with word's

Cameron
Old 11-21-2007, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz
Graeme,

You sound like your in the identical position I was last July. Living in Sydney, you might like to contact Neil Streeting of Neil Streetings Automotive Reapirs at 54 Halstead Street, South Hurstville, 2221. NSW.

You can get Neil at his workshop on 9580-6748 or 9580-6201.

He is currently building my RMC / LS2 and came highly recommended from other members of this forum. He is a member of the NSW Cobra Club and has a beautiful RMC himself which picked up numerous trophies at this years Cobra Nats. There's not too much about Cobra construction that Neil doesn't know about.

He also encourages you to be part of the build and to assist in anyway you can which saves you $$$$ in the long run. I've found him extremely fair and reasonable. He recently told me that the Cobras he builds reflects personally on him. Everything has to be spot on in every detail.

You can send me a PM if you want any further information.

Baz.
Thanks, Baz, that sounds very interesting. I guess if I were to contract somebody to do the build, the encouragement to do some of the (easier) stuff myself to cut costs would be quite an attractive proposition.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardferguson
Graeme,
Everything is for sale. It just depends on the price!
I would consider unloading my Superformance if the the deal was right. Sadly, I have a bit of a thing for a Daytona!
Send me a private message.
Richard
Okay, Richard, will do.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc
Hey Brett, thanks for the offer of a look-see. I will take you up on that, gladly. I'll be in touch in a few days to arrange a good time.

I understand that CR are not too fond of the "drop in", and require appointments. I can understand and respect that. I intend to book an appointment with CR after I receive their latest brochure and price list.

This morning I'm off to take a final look at a 1970 Corvette Stingray 454 big block that I had a quick look at on Saturday. It's a brute that's essentially tuned for drag racing and I'm going to have to say 'no' unless they give it to me for a song. It would be nice to own one at least once in my life and have a muscle car while I'm waiting for the Cobra to be built. But it needs a lot of work to get it up to my standard.

Cheers, G.
G'day sounds like you've got the bucks but not the patience. Buy the corvette, it's an investment. (detune it andmake it driveable) You should buy an already built and registered turnkey Cobra and get someone to make it to your specs. There will be no dramas with rego that way. You will be on the road in no time! Good Luck.
Smithy
Old 11-27-2007, 02:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush fibreglass body and chassis, running stage2 302 cleveland on LPG.
Not Ranked     

If You Are Thinking Homebush Brian Willput You In Touch With The Crain Gang Or As Brett Said Come To Glenfield And Have A Look.your Welcome Any Time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: