Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-21-2008, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up A helping hand.

Hi guys,
Please forgive me if this is not the correct protocol for promoting my services, I really only want to help and I'm unsure of how I can get my message across. I have recently started an online service catering specifically for Aussies wanting parts, bits and pieces from the US.

I'm originally from Brisbane and moved to Chicago in 2002. For the past 4 years I've been operating a small restoration, fabrication shop in Barrington to the north of Chicago. During my stay here I've helped several mates with their parts and decided to offer my services to others.

Smerdy's.com was created to help any Aussie car guy......muscle cars, Cobras, hot rods, Ford, Chev, Mopar, street, drag, whatever. Check out the site, everything is pretty well explained, but please feel free to email me with any questions you might have.
I'm not trying to take over the world or upset anyones applecart, just thought I could help some folks out sourcing bits and pieces from Yankie Land. And I reckon most people would warm to the idea of dealing with another Aussie. I basically act as a go-between to ensure no damaged goods or shonky stuff is shipped.

Please check out Smerdy's Home and email info@smerdys.com with any questions.

Thanks for your time and understanding.
Warm regards-
Layne
(USMERDY)
Old 05-23-2008, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Layne, very useful idea. Any idea what a set of 22inch chrome wheels and tyres are worth over there to suit a Chrysler 300C?

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 05-23-2008, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mmmm Andy blinging the 300c ..:MECOOL
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 05-23-2008 at 04:31 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

USMERDY

Layne,

Great idea, thanks for the link.

Do you ship ex LA or NY?

The Aussie dollar is great at the moment so you timing is right on..

Good luck with the link with the States to Australia, this is a good one to have.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 05-23-2008, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hi guys and thanks for the amazing response.
I had decided to only spread the word on a limited basis by posting here and on an Aussie Mustang BB. (yes, I'm more a blue oval fella) However, the interest has been overwhelming, so please don't freak if it takes awhile for me to get back to you.

Andy- Mate, the sky's the limit. You need to give me a little more info- ie. billet, styles, makes, sizes, etc. Foose, Arelli, Akuza...tyres??? You can get tyre/wheel packages for around $2600, plus fees, local and internat shipping. Like I said, hard to call it without more info- shoot me off an email if you've got something in mind. Thanks

Bernie- Shipping all depends, but mainly through LA. I prefer to stay on the smaller side of things- as you'd probably know the bigger the order the more involved and the higher to costs, fees etc. Sure, I'd like to make a few bucks for my troubles, but right now I'd prefer to concentrate on helping the little guys with tricky requests or hard to find items.

Once again thanks everyone-
Layne
Old 06-09-2008, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face Oops!!!

Hello to all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have rectified a minor (major) glitch in my email account. Seems my domain provider reset my mail storage to its lowest setting, thus bumping most emails back to their senders.
I really do apologize for this oversight and hope people haven’t given up on me. Thanks to those persistent folks who brought the issue to my attention.

Thanks also once again for the wonderful response- glad I’ve been able to ‘fill a need.’

Cheers-
Layne
www.smerdy’s .com
Old 06-09-2008, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Layne, i am going down to have a look at the Chrysler limousine today so i will try to get some info on back spacing and sizes etc. Talk soon,

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: