Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for a bday joy ride in a shelby cobra?

Hi

I live in Perth WA, Australia and wanting to find a shelby cobra to hire for a joy ride for my fathers birthday. Doesn't have to be by ourselves, owner can drive the car and my father just come along for the ride.

Any one know of someone I can contact of can help me?

Email me at salsa-12@hotmail.com

Thank you for your help!!

Elsa
Old 10-12-2008, 12:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

...... owner can drive car........rolling on the floor feet up and laughing.

Seriously may be one or two in WA who may help..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have one sitting in the garage i will sell your dad and he can drive it himself all day long $55000. and it;s your,s our your dads ..lindsay
Old 10-12-2008, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yea great lot of bloody help you are.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Elsa,

Please don't take offence, Cobra owners are usually very protective of their cars. There are several good reasons for this. Most of them have been lovingly hand built over many years costing the owner a lot of time and money. They don't easily risk letting another drive their pride and joy especially a stranger.

The other reason and I think the more important one is these cars are dangerous in inexperienced hands. Most have more power than they know what to do with in a light weight car with a short wheel base. Get it wrong driving one and it will bite you.

We often get requests for joyrides for birthdays and for weddings through the Victorian Cobra Car Club and very often the requester's dream is fulfilled. However I think you will be hard pressed to find someone who will hand over the keys.

Try getting in touch with the WA Cobra Car Club. One of their members might be able to help you. Here's a link to their site: http://www.cobracarclubwa.com/

Good luck

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 10-12-2008 at 09:07 PM..
Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush body
Not Ranked     

Hi PM Me and i will do my best to help

Trev
Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

She hasn't logged back onto the site since Lindsays post. I think you blokes put her nose out of joint.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mmmm hey let me rent your house...

If your a nice person you can stay there in the house and watch I don't damage it....

What's the going rate for a Cobra or prestige car.

For $1,000 - $2000 a day you can rent one in Richmond, Victoria - an additional surety of your credit card swipe is required, if you damage it you pay.

Mmmm and I'm going to just give my car to anyone.

Aussie Mike,

To take passengers for a drive for a fee is moving into a hire ageement and I have been against this for a long time. It goes back to when I had the Street Rods and that well known insurance company attended a meeting and told us about the dangers of doing weddings and taking kids to High School break ups.

The message was loud and clear you crash and injure the person and your house, cash in bank, cars and assetts are all gone. Just watch how quickly this 'good turn' changes to a legal hire agreement..... in the event of the person being injured.

So would I hire myself and car out.. - yes for $1,000 for a start to cover all insurance variations etc. Then I would need to consider if I need to notify the registration office that I'm acting for hire. My insurance company says yes I do need to notify them and registration.

Think this is making a big deal out of just a ride, then bounce it off your insurance company before you take the ride see what they say.....

The Cancer kid days I do are all insured and we are covered here. Mmmm but not this one off joy ride situation.

If the lady in question finds us a little unhelpfull, let her try the Ferrari or Porsche club.. I bet they will jump to help.

Anyway it's to far from here to WA...

Last edited by BMK; 10-15-2008 at 05:25 PM..
Old 10-15-2008, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
The message was loud and clear you crash and injure the person and your house, cash in bank, cars and assetts are all gone. Just watch how quickly this 'good turn' changes to a legal hire agreement..... in the event of the person being injured.
Bernie, you mean just like what the sub prime crisis is doing to my super investments
Old 10-19-2008, 02:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rebel1

Les,

If it is getting you down swap with your patients and jump on the couch..

I was in the bank on Thursday and they now have that stocks graph on the wall - the one that tracks stocks since 1920. You can see the dips/troughs and the spikes.Just hand in there or buy up..
Old 10-19-2008, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival (under construction)
Not Ranked     
Default Stock Prices

Bernie

I've been using that graph for nearly 40 years now with clients.
The important key, though, is the X axis on the graph. You need to look closely at how long each of the peaks are apart. As I get older I have to be careful that I'll make the next peak.

I agree with you, however. Hang in there and even start buying again soon.

Carefully consider doing your own Super if are in a position to do so. I don't see much point in paying somebody who knows less than we do. I especially don't see the point in paying them when the Super balance has gone backwards.

Philip

ps I'll try to find my standard speech which talks about the three Ds to avoid when investing and let you know if you are interested.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

PhilChis

Phil,

Thanks would like to last a few more 'X' axis points..

Would be good to see the three 'D' s..

Bernie
Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Now here is a real idiot.....

Bikie gets out on the British Freeways on his road bike and gets his mate to film him pulling all these stunts...

200+ fly pasts

Mono's

Stunt riding

Passing motorists standing on the seat...

riding the wrong way down streets...

Then he posts it on 'uTube' for all to see. You guessed it, he did not cover his number plate and the Police called around to see him....... and it wasn't for a replay of his skills or an autograph..

Ended up in court with the Police presenting their evidence.....no bike licence now and thousands of pounds in fines...

Mmmmm 'dumb and dumber'...
Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival (under construction)
Not Ranked     

Bernie,

As I said, I have been using this material for many years in after dinner or after lunch speeches. In other words, they have not been developed to fit in with recent events.

Three Ds

1. Discretion - Never ever give a stockbroker discretion over the investment of your money. In Australia, almost without exception, stockbroking sales people are remunerated by straight commission. They get between 40 and 50% of the brokerage you pay as a commission. The potential conflict of interest is glaringly obvious.

2. Derivatives - usually known as options but can also include future and CFDs etc. Playing with these, in most cases, is a slippery dip all the way down. "Writing" call options against your existing shares is probably OK but generally I wouldn't touch them. I have seen 20 plus people lose multi million dollar amounts just in Adelaide while paying with options.

3. Day Trading - is for the birds. In spite of what we have all seen in the past few months (and at least four times since I began in the industry) the long term holder still ends up richer. Only 5 years ago BHP could have been bought for less than $10.00 and Sims Metal etc.
Day Trading is like driving a Cobra - we all get a *orn doing it but the Cobra won't cost you as much - I'll guarantee it.

Hope this helps Bernie

Philip