Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BBF 545 Stroker Alloy Heads Roller Cam Aluminium Flywheel Twin plate Clutch TKO600 9inch Independent Rear 335x17 Rear 315x17 Front 1140kg
Not Ranked     
Default Stainless Lining

I used 0.7 Stainless with a Number 4 Polish. This means it looks good without reflecting things you dont want seen Ie. Top of foot boxes reflecting the underside of the fibreglass! Stainless doesn't mark or scratch or dull off like aluminium
Old 03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1st Harrison with Gen 3 , 6 speed ,Godzilla diff & brakes
Not Ranked     

Hi Bob
I think most of us line it with ally,
I brushed mine with fine scotch brite pads to dull it off.
Have pics in my gallery ( Dont know how to put them in message)

Regards
Paul
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BBF 545 Stroker Alloy Heads Roller Cam Aluminium Flywheel Twin plate Clutch TKO600 9inch Independent Rear 335x17 Rear 315x17 Front 1140kg
Not Ranked     

Mando, I agree with Fuzzy! Very nice!
My car is scratch built. I built a steel space frame, used C5 suspension, diff, ect. I converted the Diff to accept a driveshaft and bolted into the structual trans tunnel. I welded an aluminum cradle that attaches to the frame and supports the body. Since this picture I have put on a longer throttle cable which is hidden and moved the air cleaner out of sight and into a high pressure area. I molded the engine cover for the LS6 Vette motor.

John How much does you chassis weigh??? It looks very heavy Some Manufacturers go overboard with steel in a chassis resulting in a very heavy car
Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

hey mando, that 347 with morrison injection just drips class,those plastic covered chevy boys wont want to pop their bonnets when youre around. morrison injection is **** hot and expensive but looks the goods, if youve got the right package in that 347 it will haul arse as well. well done, looks tops, would love to see it when its finished. tomcat
Old 03-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Why blast the SBC crowd, they're all replicas....I've seen some really nice Chevy bays too. And Spookypt's is also a real looker....
Old 03-09-2009, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1st Harrison with Gen 3 , 6 speed ,Godzilla diff & brakes
Not Ranked     

Nothing wrong with SBC

Regards
Paul

Last edited by ledge; 03-09-2009 at 03:18 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Mando's car is a magnificent example of a Cobra, not a Ford, Chev, Hemi or any other slot that some insert themselves into.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #95, 302 HO
Not Ranked     

Thanks alot for all the pictures. I've plenty to think about now.

Bob
Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #77
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodnas View Post
Thanks Guys
Merv - What have you used around the edge of the aluminium sheet. I'm assuming it's aluminium and is the rest is heat shield.

Lionel - I like the colour of your car. What have you used to cover this area.

Thanks Bob
Bob,
The color is Ford meteorite, the engine bay is covered with an ACL product RS heat shield. I found it on a website called cazracing, it was about $200 a sheet 1600mm x 580mm.

Lionel.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

On the Harrison Cobra we built, we fitted aluminised woven cloth to the tunnel and front of footwells with high temp silicone. Then fitted aluminium heat shields to front area of tunnel and front of the footwell. Heat shields have about 5mm air gap.

Photo below.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

AC 460, Thanks for the question. My chassis with all of the brackets, mounts, ect weighs 315lbs. This is not a guess, I have racing scales. The total weight of the shown car is right at 2200lbs. But, I used a body from a kit that bonds the body to a fiberglass tub and uses the body as part of the structure. I didn't use the tub but still the body was heavier than needed. I have had the bodies remade to my specs and they are 60lbs less. So, the final weight is around 2150lb, wet. Here is a picture of a car that I am building. It uses all C5 parts and weighs 1980lbs complete. I have had it together to weigh but tore it down to paint and detail. I am reassembling it now.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

That looks like a cross between a cobra, porsche, a bit of corvette, even bolwell with the high scoop compared to cockpit and was it the DE type Jags with the rear fins?

Nice looking beastie all the same.

Cheers
Old 03-09-2009, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

I love the 1950's sports racers, especially the Lister which had the low cowl Those cars were the inspiration for this car. I sculpted the body, made molds and am now just completing it. I did race it with a simple hot rod style body on it at Run n Gun. I is the best handling car that I have ever driven and is quite fast. It won every event.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham KMP500 LeMans- Roush 451 Shelby block; KMP Flip-top with cammer: KMP 289 Bronze under construction.
Not Ranked     

Traditional!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Hi Wodnas, a couple of pictures of my engine bay painted silver.
You should check out Tenroccas gallery, Its one of the best Ive ever seen. He has done an incredible job of cladding his engine bay and boot in aluminium sheeting. Its fantastic!

Regards.

Mando,

I wish you wouldn't have posted this picture. It's costing me a fortune.

PM in the pipeline.

Baz
Old 03-20-2009, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, FE BBF
Not Ranked     

Some pictures of our ERA. A mix of polishing the aluminum panels and Fuel Injection.

- Fred
Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Where are my sunglasses? Eye searingly beautiful
Old 03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #95, 302 HO
Not Ranked     

Fantastic stuff guys. Some great work there. Thanks.

Bob
Old 03-20-2009, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Fkemmerer, fantastic build. Do you use screens or filters on your injection system? I followed your long post on your build and was wondering what the sensor on your tailshaft was for? By the way the log of your build and the quality you achieved was the best Ive ever seen bar none. I recommend anyone thats interested in seeing some AMAZING work find Fkemmerers build log on Clubcobra.

Regards.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mando, I really like the look of your fire wall, mine is painted to match the coler of the car, with no clutter at all, I would like to see after you are totally done, I personally, like the painted look over the aluminum fire wall, my pics are kinda blurry, but you can get an idea, and yes its a chevy, lol.