Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tenrocca
  • 1 Post By boxhead
  • 1 Post By Jamo

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     
Default help with posting photos

hi all, my wife and i just cant work out how to attach photos to threads, we can put them to email, but nowhere can we find on the forum site where it tells you how to do it. it must be simple cos youre all doing it. please step by step instructions for someone not so computor savvy.weve shrunk the photos but cant link up cheers tomcat
Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Tom,

MIke Murphy sent this to me at an earlier stage. It did the job:

"The easiest way is to upload the pic to your gallery. You are best to shrink it down a bit using a photo editor program. I use 1024x768 pixels that way you will have a medium size pic and a supersize version to chose from in your gallery.

When you want to post a picture into your thread open up your gallery in another browser window. Find the pic you want and click on it so It's large size (not a thumbnail). Scroll down below the pic and you will see there is the hyperlink text all printed out for you ready to go. Select the hypertext, copy it and paste it straight into your thread. When people open your thread the hyper text automatically grabs the pic and posts it into your thread for you".

Cheers,

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Deleted post due to feeling completely inadequate when compared to Boxheads explanation. And I teach IT...........
Laner likes this.

Last edited by Tenrocca; 12-10-2008 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Gazumped by Boxhead
Old 12-10-2008, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Hey there TomCat.
First you need to get your picture on the internet, you can use the gallery that is linked to your user name in ClubCobra, but you do need to make sure it is an acceptable size first (as per Merv's instructions) or you can get a photobucket account (no size limit - but pics can be too big to see the whole thing in a thread).
If you are going to use your CC account to host pics, make sure your signed on, then click on the camera icon below your username on any thread you have been involved in.

Once you have clicked on this it will open a new page that looks like this.

You need to click on the "upload photos" link on the top right hand corner.

This will then open a new page where you can add the pics you want to upload.

Click on the "browse heading (starting from the top one), from here you choose the pic you want to upload from your computer.
When you find the picture you want, double click the left button on your mouse and it will be added beside the browse link you clicked on earlier.

Once you have done that, scroll down the page until you see this.

If you are only adding 1 image you can add a description and so forth here, Click on the "Upload/Submit" button.
If submitting a batch of pictures, it will go to another page that shows each pic and you can add desriptions to each picture.

Ok, now the pictures are on the internet.
Next thing is to put them in a thread.

When you are typing a new thread or replying in a thread, the reply section will have something like this in it.

When you click on it, it opens a second little window, you need to add the pictures address here.

What I find easiest is to have a second page open that shows the picture you want to add, this is from your gallery, not your computer (make sure it is the open picture and not a little one)
To get the address, right click on the picture (it opens another window), Left click on the "properties" link.

This will close that window and open a new one.
In the middle of the window is the address.
Highlight the address by left click on mouse, hold the mouse button down and scroll over the entire address like this pic.

Then release the left button, move the mouse pointer over the section you highlighted and right click the mouse, this opens the "copy" window, left click on copy.

Now back to where you where typing the thread or reply, When you clicked on that icon I mentioned earlier, it will have opened a new window.

Backspace to remove the "http://" then left click and paste the picture address you copied earlier.

This adds the image to your thread.
Just make sure that before adding any more text you left click past the [/IMG] at the end of the pic link, as it does not do this automatically.

Holy crap that looks harder when trying to explain than it really is.

Have fun Tom.
Laner likes this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 12-10-2008 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Damn spelling
Old 12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

another option:

Get a free account at www.photobucket.com. Any photo that you upload to your photobucket account can then be cut and pasted directly into any post you make on cc.com. Just right click on the photo in photobucket, select copy, then position the cursor in your post on cc.com, right click and select paste.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

The main problem is the way they've hidden the 'Upload Photos' link inside the gallery. Terrible web design.

Agreed though, Boxhead's tutorial is a ripper!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Good Tutorial Dave. This should be a sticky post.

Here's a tip for making it easier to post pics from your gallery.

I open my gallery in another explorer window so I can easily jump back and forth between it and the window where I'm writing my forum post.

I usually resize my pics to 1024x768 before uploading them. The gallery has a neat option where it'll give you a medium sized version or a full sized version of your pic.

When you first click on the thumbnail picture in your gallery it will pop up with a medium sized version of the picture. There is a handy window underneath the picture which contains the complete hypertext command to post that picture in your thread. Just select the complete text and copy it. you can then just paste that straight into your post, no need to select the insert picture icon.

Now if you click on that medium sized pic in your gallery again it will resize to the full sized version. You can select the hypertext command and paste it into your post and the pic will apear the sames size as you see it in your post.

I enjoy reading posts with pics included. Build progress posts are great with pics. Event coverage and reports on get togethers jump off the page with a few pics attached.

Enjoy your picture posting.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 12-10-2008 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-10-2008, 10:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

There ya go, just learnt something new.
I did not know about the medium size and full size.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Boxhead and Mike...well done, hombres!

There have been stickies on the main forum, All Cobra Talk, for quite some time.

Computerworks posted this one to help folks understand about uploading and resizing: http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69330

Here's one on new features added last year with a good discussion: http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83187

Here's another update on Gallery features: http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84166

Sambo...not sure of your comment given that the "Upload Photos" link is part of the Gallery software. The camera icon seems to be self-evident, as does the word "Gallery" on the menu line, not to mention the several sticky articles on the main Forum All Cobra Talk. However, please feel free to drop Brent an e-mail or private message with your ideas on how he might create a better web design.

I'm going to leave this as a sticky in the Aussie Forum for future use by you folks.

Tomcat Racing...any time you folks need help on this site, please feel free to contact either Computerworks or myself.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Good question Tom and great responses. This should settle the issue for all time!

Cheers,

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

It does indeed...

Last edited by Jamo; 12-11-2008 at 12:26 AM..
Old 03-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Ron61 noted that new features have come along since this thread was put up. Brent added the "My Photos" drop down menu under the similies in the Advanced Reply feature...allows you to link directly to your CC Gallery.

OZCOBRA likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: