Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 03-13-2009, 01:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Neutral     
Default My build is at the paint shop.

The LS2 had its first start on Wednesday and really sounded great. Yesterday and half of today was taken up stripping all the chrome, windscreen, roll bars, dash, lights etc., off. An old steering wheel was fitted as well as some old "roll around" wheels. All the pre-painted underbody, suspension etc., was taped up with heavy plastic. The car was then trailered off to the Paint Shop where it will stay for 6 to 8 weeks. When it comes back,, it will be re-fitted with everything that was removed today, then its off to the trimmers to have the cabin and boot done. Give that a couple of weeks then hopefully, Sniff Test and Engineering sometime in June.

I have posted a few photos which I took today after it was stripped and it looks a real heap of crap.

The other two photos are the VZ Monaro colour, Turismo, but with heaps of added Pearl, That is the colour the body will be painted and the other shows the colour and design (Sorry Aud and Mick for borrowing the design) of the intended stripes. They are a Landrover colour known as Zambezi Silver, but with Special Effects Silver added.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Tis going to look great Baz.

Not long now mate.

Cheers
Old 03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Baz, fantastic stuff.

Can't wait to see the photos of it painted.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Baz

Great to see the progress. Bet you are excited.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 03-13-2009, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Neutral     

Thanks Les, Craig and Bernie.

You'r right. I am really excited. Even though it doesn't look much in these photos, I'm sure the finished product will be a slight improvement. Thanks for your interest guys. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

Baz.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Hi Baz, looking forward to seeing all the Bling back on after spray. Im not at that stage yet but I reckon that part could be the best part of the build.
Good luck with the spray!

Regards.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Hi Baz, looking forward to seeing all the Bling back on after spray. Im not at that stage yet but I reckon that part could be the best part of the build.
Good luck with the spray!

Regards.
Thanks Mando,

I definately agree, "Bring Back The Bling." It's the portion of the build that I am really looking forward to like you wouldn't believe.

QUESTION: One thing you said in this Thread is quote, "I'm not at that stage yet?"

In a recent, previous Thread dealing with 'Engine Bays', your 347 with Morrision Throttle Bodies was the highlight for me. What stage of your build are you up to if your Engine Bay looks that good? What about the body and Trim?

Please explain?

Baz.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Hi Baz, I was in the middle of installing all the stuff into the boot when I realized Id have to take everything out to install carpet. I then decided to remove what I had installed and paint the boot the same colour as the engine bay. I took the car to the painter last Tuesday. When it comes back Ill install everything in the boot which includes
fuel pump
battery cradle
2 main fuses
isolator switch
boot hoop
fuel tank filler
quick jack mounts
seat belt and roll bar cradle
boot prop
boot latch
This will allow me to install the fuel tank and connect the fuel lines which are already in place and the underbody exhaust once Gav has finished with the one he is using. My car will then go to the tuner to get it running. Once thats done its back to the painter to complete the exterior. I had intended to paint with the body of the chassis but its to hard. Then Ill be up to your stage of reinstalling the bling.
Everything on my car is made and ready to install. The only thing I need to get done will be the carpet and upholstering the seat shells.
Ill be happy if I get there by Christmas!
Regards.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Hi Baz, I was in the middle of installing all the stuff into the boot when I realized Id have to take everything out to install carpet. I then decided to remove what I had installed and paint the boot the same colour as the engine bay. I took the car to the painter last Tuesday. When it comes back Ill install everything in the boot which includes
fuel pump
battery cradle
2 main fuses
isolator switch
boot hoop
fuel tank filler
quick jack mounts
seat belt and roll bar cradle
boot prop
boot latch
This will allow me to install the fuel tank and connect the fuel lines which are already in place and the underbody exhaust once Gav has finished with the one he is using. My car will then go to the tuner to get it running. Once thats done its back to the painter to complete the exterior. I had intended to paint with the body of the chassis but its to hard. Then Ill be up to your stage of reinstalling the bling.
Everything on my car is made and ready to install. The only thing I need to get done will be the carpet and upholstering the seat shells.
Ill be happy if I get there by Christmas!
Regards.
Thanks Mando,

You've got a bit in front of you, but what a Christmas present.

Baz
Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Its looking real good there Baz, not long to go now.

It is hard for me to see clearly, but it looks like the side indicators have been "sunk" into the body? if that is so then that is a nice touch that most dont go to the extent off.

Good luck with the painters.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Its looking real good there Baz, not long to go now.

It is hard for me to see clearly, but it looks like the side indicators have been "sunk" into the body? if that is so then that is a nice touch that most dont go to the extent off.

Good luck with the painters.
Thanks Boxhead,

I'm still not comfortable in calling you that. It sounds insulting to me, far more so than 'Boxy,' but there you go. I know where I stand in that regard and we're not going there again, are we mate

I really appreciate your sentiments of "Good Luck." Hopefully it will turn out as good as I hoped it would.

No. It's just an optical illusion. The indicators have not been recessed into the body, but now that you mention it, I wish I would have thought of that earlier. It would have made a nice touch along with the side indicators from the current model Statesman, Caprice, Grange; you know the long narrow light assembly wiich contains a number of LED lights. How about having them so that they light up, one after the other, starting from the front, when the indicators are activated. Too late now though. She's locked away in the Paint Shop and I won't see her again for about 6 to 8 weeks.

Have fun and good luck at Shelbyfest. Safe drive to and from Alice.

Baz.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Recessed side indicators would look good.

I've also seen wheel arch splats recessed flush into the body work. Looked fantastic.

Well going by what I have seen so far of Baz's Cobra build, by the time it's finished, the last thing people will be looking will be the side indicators.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
Recessed side indicators would look good.

I've also seen wheel arch splats recessed flush into the body work. Looked fantastic.

Well going by what I have seen so far of Baz's Cobra build, by the time it's finished, the last thing people will be looking will be the side indicators.
Thanks mate. By the way, I expect you to post some pics from Wakefield on Wednesday when the RCR Roadster breaks 60 secs. Let us know the results.

Baz
Old 03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Thanks Boxhead,

I'm still not comfortable in calling you that. It sounds insulting to me, far more so than 'Boxy,' but there you go. I know where I stand in that regard and we're not going there again, are we mate

I really appreciate your sentiments of "Good Luck." Hopefully it will turn out as good as I hoped it would.

No. It's just an optical illusion. The indicators have not been recessed into the body, but now that you mention it, I wish I would have thought of that earlier. It would have made a nice touch along with the side indicators from the current model Statesman, Caprice, Grange; you know the long narrow light assembly wiich contains a number of LED lights. How about having them so that they light up, one after the other, starting from the front, when the indicators are activated. Too late now though. She's locked away in the Paint Shop and I won't see her again for about 6 to 8 weeks.

Have fun and good luck at Shelbyfest. Safe drive to and from Alice.

Baz.

Must be my old eyes seeing things.

I will be at Shelby fest but only as a spectator this year Baz, I am flying tio Melbourne for my sisters wedding and by shear dumb luck it is the same weekend, So plan is to drive to Winton in a rental on Friday, watch some practice, catch up and have a laugh, Watch some racing on Saturday morning then leave by about 11.00am to be at the wedding in time.
Then back up on Sunday morning to watch the gymkahna, might even see if they will let me have a go in the rental car

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: