Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-30-2009, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     
Default pink cobra

who owns the pink cobra that was shown on 7 news sat nite racing up mt cootha in brisbane in the inaugeral cootha classic.

tomcat
Old 05-30-2009, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

I saw that too! Primer?

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Mary Kay Cosmetics?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The only Cobra I saw on the successful entrants list was Ive Stocks Red DRB. Scotty and my race car got rejected as it wasn't "original" enough!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

well it raced and it was pink,it was on the news, must be owned by a sheila.tomcat
Old 05-31-2009, 12:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

What did they mean by 'original"?

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

I saw it Tomcat, had a different colored hood scoop.

Sounded OK too.

Dunno who owns it tho.

EDIT: Make that a different colored bonnet.

Last edited by Rebel1; 06-01-2009 at 05:58 PM..
Old 05-31-2009, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     
Smile

Mark Crespan in the pink gel coat and Yve in the red one**Plenty of crash damage during the event , a perfect lush sub tropical garden venue in the pits. The historical motor bikes had the crowds attention.--another weekend gone in minutes
Old 05-31-2009, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

saw you in the news as well in the choo choo train mrs flatchat. what happened at the cootha. tomcat
Old 05-31-2009, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     

No damage to either Cobra. Mark is very fast, has a 289 under the bonnet. He shared the car with another guy who also drove it very well. I didn't go fast enough. Only 3 timed runs of 1 lap each, so not good value at $220 entry. At least 3 hours of waiting, waiting, waiting, between runs, but a great social atmosphere in the pits talking to all the other competitors. It should be better next year when the organiseres sort out a few teething problems.
Several of the historic cars got some damage. "Crash Test Dummet" in the Group N class Torana hit the wall in 2 runs. The best time for the weekend was a 47 sec run in the top 20 shootout. This was in a hillclimb car. The results will be on the website. Mrs Flatchat.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I stand corrected. I checked the "provisional" entrants list and Marks car wasnt on it!
Makes me laugh even more though.... You see the race car was rejected as "it was felt that the car was not presented as they were"......

That makes alot more sense now with all those genuine Cobras running aorund in the 60s in PINK gelcoat!

That's the problems with these HRCC events.... (no disrespect to Mrs Flatchat...)

Even if you do meet their "Selection Criteria" you could expire just waiting to get a run!

$220.00 buck for 3 runs!!!! I can have 34 hours of track time at Morgan Park for that!

SpookyPT
Old 06-01-2009, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Just had a picture sent to me of the pink Cobra on Mt. Cootha last weekend.

Cheers,

Warren.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yep! This certainly represents a more accurate example of how they looked in the 60's!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Tomcat, To bring you up to date with the pink cobra. The owner refers to it as a mongrel ... ie. It's made up of all bits and pieces but was originally an RMC. ( I think)

Anyways, it has a 289 with about 300HP at the rear wheels, a T5, 3.31 jag rear center and it goes like a scalded cat.

The owner Mark, has spend considerable time and money to improve the handling, brakes and traction. He has developed billet alloy lower arms for the jag diff with outboard brakes etc., as well as upper arms to further control the ar$e end. Also minor suspension geometry changes to the front to improve spring and shock control etc..

In many ways Marks ideas reflect mine. ie. You don't need heaps of HP to make a cobra quick. Handling and stopping is where it is all at. Lots and lots of simple mods made to this car all with a view to improve handling.

Anyways, watch for this car at the tracks.

MARK, if you got your daughter to get you in here then give us a story about the car and your mods.

Last edited by Rebel1; 06-02-2009 at 02:57 AM..
Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Rebel

Tell Mark to get on the line here, I'd like to hear about the mods to transfer to the GForce!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Check out this bad boy.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low View Post
Rebel

Tell Mark to get on the line here, I'd like to hear about the mods to transfer to the GForce!
Stephen, I am trying but I don't think Mark is all that computer literate. He did mention he required his daughters help in reading this thread. I will encourage him further.

Briefly. He claims to have developed the following:
1. The drawings and CNC files for a billet lower arm for the Jag rear end on an RMC. This arm uses HD heim joints for toe/camber adjustment. This arm will mate to a standard Jag alloy rear carrier.
2. Engineering drawings and tooling for an outboard brake kit using aftermarket calipers for Jag rear hubs.
3. Drawings and CNC files to convert a rear Jag alloy carrier to accept an upper control arm.
4. A front end kit to alter the mountings of the springs/shocks on the front suspension to be more upright and to provide better travel and camber control/adjustment.
5. Drawings of a new pedal box to provide dual brake master cylinders with balance bar and does away with the power booster. ( possibly not unlike the CR system but with master cylinders sized for Jag/aftermarket calipers.)
6. Has sourced manufacturing contacts who have the machinery and will manufacture this stuff in Brissy at reasonable prices.
7. Patterns for casting a wheel center for knock off wheels with perfect RMC offsets allowing really wide rears and front wheels.

All this developed, proven, and running on his car.

Heaps more minor stuff like a hydraulic hand brake kit. ( bluddy jag cable setup is terrible).

Certainly all very interesting stuff. Lets hope he gets in here and tells us about all his developments.

At some time in the future I am going to his place to have a look at the bits on his car.

Last edited by Rebel1; 06-02-2009 at 05:39 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default rmc

all sounds like pretty impresive stuff,always interested in anything that upgrades a jag rmc, please keep us posted. thanks rebel.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark apologizes fellas. His daughter is ill in hospital and he needs her to assist him. He will come on when she is back home.

He has sent me some pics and I must say, the rear end is very bluddy impressive. I'm not going to steal his thunder so I'm not posting that pic.

However, a couple I will post follow: Click on Pics for larger image.
Front brakes

Pedal box in development

Look at the attitude of Marks car .. he claims to have been really steaming when this was taken.

Last edited by Rebel1; 06-03-2009 at 01:10 AM..
Old 06-03-2009, 01:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OOPsy, I forgot

Mark has a 4 bolt 289 for sale. Downdraft 8 throttle bodies, motec, worked heads, cam, super duper internals, fancy clutch etc., Supra 5 speed....all good condition and asking $10,000 NEG. all up.

PM me for Marks mobile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: