Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 395 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Fantastic looking carpet job! And kudos to your wife and her sewing skills . . .
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.
This is the back side Larry.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger
Old 10-19-2013, 02:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing - 2005 66' Roadster with a 351W
Not Ranked     

Wayne, I'm getting ready to complete my carpet and was curious if you have the full/updated list of materials. You mentioned that knowing what you know now, you could do it for around $350. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, I believe I could do it for around $350. The issue is you can always take two guys that do the same project and they will just about always do it different, so the cost will be different. For example it you cut the carpet in another order than I did it may take more or less. It you use other brands in insulating pad it could cost more or less. If you pay to have binding sewn it would be about $40 more.

This is how I would break it down:
CARPET
I bought 7.5 yards. A 5 yard roll and a 2.5 yard roll. I payed just about $29 a yard plus shipping from ACC Carpet.
I used just about 4.5 yards for the interior, including having to re-cut two pieces I made mistakes on. I have not done the trunk yet but I beleive I can do that with 1.5 yards for a total of 6 yards. So about $175 for carpet plus shipping.

INSULATION/PADDING
I used Ez-Cool on the back bulkhead behind the seats and the drivers firewall and right side forward of the tunnel for the sake of room. I used Bonded Logic everywhere else. Ez-Cool is now $33.50 plus shiping out of Springtown Tx. The cost of Bonded Logic is about $60 for a roll from JC Whitney. Get it on one of their sales for about $52 delivered. So about $87 plus some shipping. But consider this gives you far more than you need, enough to do two cars.

CONTACT CEMENT
I used about three quarts of DAP Gel contact cement. It's cheaper to buy a gallon for about $30.

BINDING
If you are going to do binding you need one yard to match your seats and dash. It ranges from $18-$40 depending on where you get it. I paid $18 plus shipping. Then you will have about $40 cost if you have to pay someone to sew on the binding.

One other thing. I used Ez-Cool on the back wall because where the back wall comes close to the top side curves of the body it may be tight depending on how you did your build. I put a 3/4" spacer between there when I was glassing those together so I had room to slide insulation and capet up under there.

Hope this helps. If you want to talk on the phone send me a PM. I would like to know how your build is going.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing - 2005 66' Roadster with a 351W
Not Ranked     

Thanks!! Just ordered the Bonded Logic today and hope to pick carpet color as soon as I make it home. I'd like to go with something a little different, but might have to get my wife involved so it doesn't look funny. Any suggestions would be helpful. Exterior color is Champagne Beige Metallic from Ford '65. I also just ordered a set of Airhawk pads yesterday to hopefully make my seats a little more comfortable on long trips. I had them re-padded by a guy in North Alabama and he made a world of difference for around town and short trips. Once I go past 2 hours, it still could use some updates.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Most carpet companies will send you up to five carpet sample pieces. You just tell them the part numbers from their web site.

Gil Younger
Old 10-21-2013, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

That is probably the nicest carpet job I have ever seen Wayne. Great work.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-21-2013, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
That is probably the nicest carpet job I have ever seen Wayne. Great work.

Clois
Agreed. I have seen custom street rods with $5000 carpet jobs that do not even come close to that!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

Are you gonna tell your passengers to take their shoes off before entering?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.

Larry, well I do !

Gil Younger