Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-26-2008, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default B&B Competition Coupe Rolling out at Run N Gun

Well folks I have been working with Bryan Anderson and Barry McGill to put together a killer Daytona Coupe offering from B&B. Most of you know that B&B's stuff is well engineered and places safety above all other considerations. B&B has developed two new Coupe offerings for the public. The first is a street version and incorporates all the great attributes of the B&B Manufacturing Cobra Replica and the pricing will come in well below $20,000.00. The second version (which I am extremely excited about because it is rolling out at this years Run N Gun" is called the "Harlan Competition Series Coupe" .

The Harlan Competition Series has a completely unique frame that has taken into consideration Bump Steer, Ackerman, ease of adjustment, and premium brakes and shocks. I told them what I wanted in a competition suspension and frame the B&B guys (Bryan and Barry) took my ideas to a race team and had the frame completely redesigned while keeping the original concept of the Daytona Coupe in tact.

Big brakes, adjustable coil over’s with adjustable shock dampener’s on all four corners, race engineered front and rear adjustable anti-sway bars, panhard bar and yes we went with a 9" rear end because frankly, most of the tracks we go to are very smooth and the need for IRS just adds more problems and diminishes strength. Tie down and toe hooks (for loading convenience). Inside the cockpit is a six point roll cage with welded seat belt tabs. Taller bolstered race inspired seats. Set up for Pin Drive Wheels. Standard complement of gauges plus an “Oil Temperature Gauge” that can include a transmission temp by utilizing a toggle switch. A Big custom Aluminum Radiator, Three master cylinders with a brake bias adjuster within reach of the driver, quick release steering wheel and more. The frame will be rigid and completely balanced for ideal adjustability. Also, you won’t have to spend days looking for and fixing those air leaks originating in the firewall and around the doors because the air and fumes from the engine will not leat into the cockpit . Panels that fit and maintain their intended shape plus doors that incorporate a brace for additional side impact protection.

The idea here is to bring some 21st century technology into a classic such as the 1963 Daytona Coupe. Although the "Harlan Competition Series" will be well suited for any road course or drag strip it will have some very adjustable street manners and can incorporate AC, Heater, and sound or navigation system. Anything you can imagine can be done but the basic price starts at a price that is within the budgets of most households. The base Price for The Harlan Competition Series will start below $24,000.00 and that is as described above. Your add on options may include air conditioning, additional dash electronics (radio, navigation, dedicated additional gauges), a fire suppressant system, powder coating or ceramic coated headers and side pipes. If you’re at Run N Gun this year drop by the B&B display and check out the new B&B Mfg special edition “Harlan Competition Series Coupe”. All this and some really neat badges plus each coupe will carry it’s own number in the series.

Check out the B&B Manufacturing display at this years Run N Gun October 8-11, 2008 at Gateway International Raceway located just east of the St. Louis Arch.

Find me and I will be glad to tell you more or better yet talk to Bryan Anderson or Barry McGill at the B&B Display during this years Run N Gun Nationals. http://www.runngun.net

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 09-26-2008, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a great concept Clois........you are in on the ground floor too. How much for the "Signature" on the dash panel?

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

I would imagine people would pay $1.00 extra to have it removed but actually there will not be one. The only signiture will be in the 4" window tint at the top of the windshield similar to how the F 250 fords logo apears. Right now the plan is to have "B&B Mfg". in 2" letters centered then below it would be the "Harlan Competition Series" in 3/4" letters. The only other marking will be on the front bumper area driver side similar to the Saleen Mustang in probably 3/4" letters that would read "Coupe #XX or HCS #XX. Whichever would be least offensive and legal.

Thanks Rick, this is very exciting for me.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-26-2008, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 66 roadster, Goodyear Billboards
Not Ranked     

Wow! This is exciting! I knew you were working with B&B on a Daytona coupe, but the "Harlan Competition Series" sounds like a lot of fun and a very serious new offering for the enthusiast community.

I love my new B&B Cobra and am pleased with the quality of the build and their responsiveness to me. I know there will be a lot of positive response to their Daytona offerings.

Only one question: How much to let me ride around the block with you???
Old 09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default If you buy one, where and how much to autograph???

Clois Harlan If you Buy an "HCS", I'm sure that #1 is going to Mr. Harlan. What will it cost for the autograghed ones?? Rick L. PS this has trouble written all over it. Clois bring the spare motor,trans clutch and rearend. That Gold credit card may be needed too.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     
Default How cool..

You ARE the Man for shure now,and I had been wondering about your coupe Congrats.And a pat on the back!!!See you soon Big Dog...WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     

WOW !!

Hersh
Old 09-27-2008, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I can't wait to see one in person!!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Congrats Clois!

Jay claims he'll be able to get into it. You ought to post a time and place for that event at R'nG and charge admission. If he does make it into the coupe, better have the "Jaws of Life" to haul him out.

Again, Congrats! 'can't wait to see it.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I can't wait to see the new coupe Clois. They are one of the most beautiful cars ever built. My next project is to put a Coupe body on one of my Vette powered and suspended space frames.
I just came in from wiring the Cobra. Tomorrow I finish installing some aluminum panels, hang the body and install the fuel tank. On Monday it goes to paint! Hopefully there won't be any problems when I go to start it! See you all at Gateway! John
Old 09-27-2008, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I am in St. Louis finishing up some final details with the event and I stopped in to help Dean Out a little on one of his projects. I am excited about the new B&B Coupe I talked to Bryan yesterday and the brakes we want are on back order and so are a few other things but hopefuly everything will come together in a week .

Back to work on Deans Alternator...we are working on the exciter wire.

\Clois
Old 09-28-2008, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #250
Not Ranked     

Clois,

Any pictures of the Harlen Competition Series Coupe. I woun't be able to make R&G. Mac
Old 09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not yet the they are still working on the molds. I will be more than glad to post pictures once it is ready. Mac I will post some pictures of the frame and what we have so far. Bryan is trying to get the body ready but I couldn't swear that he will make it. He is also unveiling another exciting car that I think is going to have it's very own audience.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-28-2008, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Gee Clois .. I don't know ... We better recheck those body mounts. I don't trust that guy in the background holding a beer with his teeth while seetting your body.

Hersh

Old 09-28-2008, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary 427
Not Ranked     

Clois, I guess 1 picture IS worth a thousand words ! Het where is that beer- toting body lifter from Arizona this year?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That picture is the FFR Daytona Coupe that Jay Nordstrom and I got off of EBAY a couple years ago. It is here in Tulsa getting some much needed fiberglass rework because it had sat for over 5 years in a mans garage and not on a buck. Warped fiberglass is a real P.I.T.A. and expensive to have fixed. Plus we dropped in a 351 stroker that sits to tall for the bonnet to close.

That was my first Coupe project that just about put me in the poor house chasing lost parts that had been discontinued and upgraded by FFR to something completely different. Cost overruns similar to our govenment.

I knew I liked the coupe but I wanted some modifications made to suit my style of ownership and driving. Bryan Anderson had been working on the coupe idea for some time but after coming to Run N Gun last year he offered to build a couple models, one street version that will be great for cruising and everyday driving. The second will be the Competition Series that will have a totally different frame and suspension that will also be street friendly but lend itself to more of a performance style of driving.

I am excited and flattered to have B&B include my thoughts in the design of the Competition Series.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 12-11-2008, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Coupe Progress

Some of you had the opportunity to take a look at the B&B HCS Datyona Coupe frame and body at this years RUN N GUN. I have received several emails and phone calls asking for more information and when the Coupe will be up on the B&B Web site. Here is what I know as of yesterday 12/10/08.

In addition to the HCS frame and the standard frame the coupe body has been finalized as well as the other components and the assembly of the first B&B HCS Coupe will begin around the first of January. Completion should follow within six or eight weeks. The cost are extremely reasonable given the quality of the product and the standard options: $18,500.00 for the street version and under $26,000.00 for a ready to race Competition Series. The web site will have photo's of both Coupe options and their standard equipment, and options (A/C, Radio, Navagation, etc), later this winter.

I am extremely excited about my Daytona Coupe and I will do my best to answer any questions, but Bryan Anderson can better answer all your questions and can give you a better time line than I can. As far as my progress I am in the process of building a 408 stroker with a little help from Keith Craft , Stanley Morton, Lumpy (Larry Loughary owner of Performance Motorsports in Greenville, Il.), Summit and others (maybe even Dynatek if I can find some extra coins). Hopefully, my engine will be ready about the same time as I take delivery of my coupe in a few weeks.

Actually, I am sure Bryan would love to hear from you regarding the Coupe so give him a call at B&B Manufacturing for more information at 417-472-3547.

Updates, photo's and more details to follow.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 12-12-2008 at 07:22 AM..
Old 12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     
Default Cooool

Hey it's good to here she's coming together for you I know it's a 1 of your dreams getting it done.It will be great to have another Coupe at RunNGun I am looking forward to seeing you and your NEW Hotrod on the Track.I smell the racing gas already ahhhhhh I cant wait.WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 12-11-2008, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can hardly wait! After all the input that has gone into this coupe I can't wait to put it on the track for a shake down. By the way Bill, I can only hope I can be as fast as you. I have noticed a little stone shrinkage over the last couple of years!

"Let's roll"