Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Looking for a BDR: cash strapped (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/102790-looking-bdr-cash-strapped.html)

pjmoore2003 02-13-2010 09:40 PM

Looking for a BDR: cash strapped

I want to purchase a BDR. Debating whether to purchase new with the 427 deal that Jay's offering.

I would prefer to purchase used to save cash -- not sure I can afford to lay out that amount of money yet this year.

I am looking for a silver or an indigo blue with white stripes car (will not consider sterling grey)

Anyone interested in selling who hasn't put their car up for sale yet? :rolleyes:

Phil

Cashburn 02-14-2010 06:20 AM

I have this one on consignment with only 1,000 miles.

http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/a.../ahe.sized.jpg

http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/a.../ahg.sized.jpg

http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/a.../ahq.sized.jpg

mln385 02-14-2010 07:05 AM

Check out Cobra country they have allot to choose from.
It is a buyers market now not to mention if it is already titled and registered it is allot easier.

somedayaurora 02-14-2010 07:34 AM

Go

Um... lets not step on jays lively hood here , there is a definite up side to going through a dealer , new or used .
SDR
________
Yamaha xs850

pjmoore2003 02-14-2010 08:53 AM

Thanks, I have watched cobra country and eBay like every day for the past six years. I have been looking at bdr for about 1.5 years. Jays cars are just out of my price range. There is a good looking FFR on eBay right now, tempted to downgrade my expectations, but I do not want to compromise right now.

madmaxx 02-14-2010 09:03 AM

Be carefull. You buy a POS that does not stop or run correctly you will be worse off then nothing. Save more money. Mrmustang had a factory five a while back in the $20's, he one of the few that will give you an honest opinion on his cars.

Cashburn 02-14-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoore2003 (Post 1028694)
Thanks, I have watched cobra country and eBay like every day for the past six years. I have been looking at bdr for about 1.5 years. Jays cars are just out of my price range. There is a good looking FFR on eBay right now, tempted to downgrade my expectations, but I do not want to compromise right now.

What about this package: http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/s...25771481627919

I can put the same setup in a Silver Car if you want one.

henrik 02-14-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoore2003 (Post 1028694)

6 years :JEKYLHYDE

Jerry from Suncoast cobra has a very nice (blaze red) one... small engine - been there for some time... guess you can make a good deal :) and if you'r serious you can always paint, change engine or even car at a later stage - or you can just continue dreaming for the rest of your life ;)

http://www.suncoastcobra.com/showroom.asp

peters44 02-14-2010 11:06 AM

That a hell of a deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1028708)
What about this package: http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/s...25771481627919

I can put the same setup in a Silver Car if you want one.

uncltodd 02-14-2010 12:37 PM

PJ, come to Daddy (UT)

BDR# 139 delivered August, 2004.

<5K miles

No pics, due to file size limits.

Indigo blue, white stripes, dual rollbars, 351W

PM me.

UT

henrik 02-14-2010 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncltodd (Post 1028754)
PJ, come to Daddy (UT)

BDR# 139 delivered August, 2004.

<5K miles

No pics, due to file size limits.

Indigo blue, white stripes, dual rollbars, 351W

PM me.

UT

Here is Uncle Todds car... Hit it :)

mln385 02-14-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Um... lets not step on jays lively hood here , there is a definite up side to going through a dealer , new or used .
SDR
How is trying to help the OP whom asked a question stepping on anyone's livelyhood??:confused:

Quote:

Here is Uncle Todds car... Hit it
This is a nice looking ride, like I said prior it is a buyers market right now, and cash is king as well.

Good luck with your quest PJ.

pjmoore2003 02-14-2010 08:02 PM

Thanks -- engine sounds??

Thanks to everyone who's passed me new leads.

Uncle, I have to pass -- for some reason I can't choose a car with two roll bars.

I don't really want to buy an FFR. There are exceptional examples, but the POS comments were warranted from what I've seen.

Does anyone have any opinions on the sound of different engines through the side pipes. Anytime I listen to an engine smaller than a bored and stroked 351 (say 391), they sound like crap. This is one of the main reasons that I am hesitant to pick a small engine (in addition to re-sale value). Anyone have any opinions on how the various Roush engines sound. I've seen some on youtube. Anyone ever put a 32V 4.6L like the aluminator in their car?

How about the Roush 342R in BDR #692 (on cobra country)? Any opinions?

Phil

68 Fastback 02-14-2010 08:23 PM

Sent pm - uncltodd

Sorrry to grab your post.

Sent a PM to uncltodd, Im looking for a BDR and I like the dbl roll bar...

pjmoore2003 02-14-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 Fastback (Post 1028847)
Sorrry to grab your post.

Sent a PM to uncltodd, Im looking for a BDR and I like the dbl roll bar...

No problem, I'm now surprised that I was a bit shy about posting in the open before for a "wanted"

Hope you find your car 68 Fastback...

Cashburn 02-14-2010 09:10 PM

I have an Aluminator on the shelf, I want to put in one of these... see you Saturday?

pjmoore2003 02-14-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1028861)
I have an Aluminator on the shelf, I want to put in one of these... see you Saturday?

I will see you Saturday.

My problem with the aluminator is **from what I've lightly read** is that it needs force induction to really develop power over 400HP. I just really like the light weight of Ford's all aluminum engines. I have one in my 99 cobra now.

Phil

PurpleVenom 02-15-2010 06:02 AM

Not trying to vear off topic, but if you are really that tight on money, maybe you need to wait. Owning these cars isn't cheap and you will continue spending money on them no matter who the manufacturer is. Just a thought before you purchase one. BTW - I own a Factory Five, have 14,000 trouble free miles. :D

somedayaurora 02-15-2010 08:06 AM

Go

[quote=mln385;1028794]How is trying to help the OP whom asked a question stepping on anyone's livelyhood??:confused:

No big thing , OP asked about members cars that might be for sale , PJ knows his $#!+ ie: cobracountry , just thought the registration comment a little dissuading . Its a buyers market new or used . Not trying to pull up your sox .
PJ going used you might need to settle for a few things , then change them when time/money allows , ie: duel sissy bars....I mean hoops :LOL: just playing . In my case I want the street look , not that popular , so I will probably have to neuter a S/C . I think the important thing is to get in the market before the economy recovers and prices go up , and lets be fair even a rough cobra is better than no cobra . READ the average age post . Its been going for ten years and everyone says I waited to long to get a cobra . My 2cents , hope its helpful .
SDR
________
OG KUSH PICTURES

pjmoore2003 02-15-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleVenom (Post 1028918)
Not trying to vear off topic, but if you are really that tight on money, maybe you need to wait. Owning these cars isn't cheap and you will continue spending money on them no matter who the manufacturer is. Just a thought before you purchase one. BTW - I own a Factory Five, have 14,000 trouble free miles. :D

Thanks for the advice. I might seize the moment though before it gets warm here in the northern latitudes.

I am guessing Jay is talking about that Naturally Aspirated aluminator (10:1 compression 330HP) he had from a previous project which didn't sell. I am thinking he could complete the package at a very respectable price. I wonder what that would do to my resale value. I am guessing I would get Fuel injection out of the deal.