Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     
Default BDR Alignment

Got BDR687 aligned the other day and some of the parameters are too far out to fix with the adjustment that’s available. Anyone else have any problems getting their BDR aligned? I'm thinking about getting the castor/camber plates as my front left has slight pos camber and of course no way to adjust them. In the rear the tech couldn't get enough movement in the control arms to get the toe correct either and I don't see an easy fix for that right off. So before I start hacking and grinding I thought I'd post the question and see if anyone had any “work-a-rounds” for these issues.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 408
Not Ranked     
Default BDR Alignment

I have a problem with the front ( NO ADJUSTMENT) #358 One shop said it was out with no adjustment. I am going to take to another shop to see if it's the same.
I was told it comes from the factory right, the jigs are set to weld everything right, not sure that's true.

The castor/camber plates should be free if we can't get them aligned.
cHarley
Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 Backdraft Cobra 347 with webers
Not Ranked     
Default alignment

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by pbarker; 11-03-2011 at 05:47 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR354/FMS392
Not Ranked     

My rear toe brackets were way out of spec from the factory. Even toed out as much as I could go, it was toe'd in way to much. I called Reg, and he had me send him the toe brackets and my alignment specs.

He fixed the brackets and had them sent back to me within a week. No charge. Rear toe was then dead on with adjustability in either direction from requirement.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark, what did he do to the brackets to "fix" them? If its not to complex I'll do it or have it done locally.

Charley, I didn't even know that you had a BDR. Next time I'm down there we'll have to compare notes.

pbarker, I'll give you a call saturday.

Thanks all, Steve
Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 879, Indigo Blue / Wimbledon White, 428 Cobrajet, TKO 500
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Brye View Post
My rear toe brackets were way out of spec from the factory. Even toed out as much as I could go, it was toe'd in way to much. I called Reg, and he had me send him the toe brackets and my alignment specs.

He fixed the brackets and had them sent back to me within a week. No charge. Rear toe was then dead on with adjustability in either direction from requirement.
Ditto here on BDR 879. We shipped the rear brackets down to Reg along with the alginment techs specs. Reg send the info and brackets to a machine shop that cut off the 3 bolts on the bracket, repositioned the bolts, re-welded, and repainted. All in it was about a 1 week turnaround. The alignment dialed right in after that.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thought I'd post this for posterity. This is the best my guy could do. How about you guys? I'm waiting on a write-back from Reg now.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 879, Indigo Blue / Wimbledon White, 428 Cobrajet, TKO 500
Not Ranked     

Send this along with the aforementioned brackets to Reg and he'll take care of it for you...he did for me.

Makes me wonder since so many cars have had this problem, why it hasn't been corrected at the factory already
Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 PM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yes, I ask that myself everytime!!!!

www.gcperf.com