Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: backdraft racing #470 427sb
Not Ranked     
Default windshield washers

the yearly inspection here in Mass. requires windshield washers, anyone else have to ? info on a kit, proper location of nozzles ect...
Old 12-23-2011, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra #659 SOLD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm427 View Post
the yearly inspection here in Mass. requires windshield washers, anyone else have to ? info on a kit, proper location of nozzles ect...
Are you sure it's windshield washer OR is it wipers? PA is a PITA also, they require wipers ... they also would have required a defroster if I bought my car new (would be titled special construction and defroster is on the checklist to get a VIN for it). Buying the car used, it was titled as a 65 Cobra Conv and no defroster is required now ... strange but hey it's PA so no surprise there.

Sorry for ramble ... check with them on washer or wiper requirement. Good luck
Old 12-23-2011, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

i have a fiat washer nozzle on my car, it has dual outlets, mounts in the center of the cowl, the orifices are angled to spray bothsides.

you can use a generic inline pump, there are a few out there to choose from and any reservoir will do, most wiper switches do have a wash option so it can be wired in without much fuss.

the Fiat nozzle is Fiat part number 4329692, i'm sure Moss motors can cross that to whatever part number it is now.
or just adapt something from some 70's era british car. MG, triumph, jag, go for a stroll in the local junkyard, you'll find something that strikes your fancy
Old 12-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Finish Line Accessories
Old 12-23-2011, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

mass does require washers, last year the inspector let it slide, just trying to take care of things over the winter. thanks for the links and info.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five - the 1st Mk4
Not Ranked     

This is what I'm going to use. It looks period correct and I will use a monetary Lucas switch on the dash.

I got it from Welsh Enterprises, Inc.:

Welsh Enterprises, Inc - Jaguar E-Type Series I Electrical Windshield Washer & Wiper Parts - E-Type Lucas Washer Bottle Assembly

$110

Legally, I don't need it in Vermont but I am building a car that I will be driving in all kinds of weather.

George

1975 Porsche 911 Targa Carrera - sold
1952 MG-TD - sold
1962 MGA - sold

Purchased Factory Five Mk4-#1 March, 2010, under construction
Old 12-24-2011, 01:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

What allowance do they make for domestic cars that were manufactured without them??

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 12-24-2011, 03:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

don't know about that Rick, the rules are set by the state and depending where you go depends on how tough they are enforced. some stations are tougher than others, like I stated he let me slide last year, next year could be someone else at the same station, or I could go elsewhere and have a harder time about something even smaller. the state sets the rules I'm just trying to abide
Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft
Not Ranked     

When I went through the Mass registration/inspection process gauntlet of state police, MAC center inspection and inspection station this did not come up. I was always of the understanding wiper were required but not washers. I got my chops busted for not having DOT lights fortunately only the head lights not the rest which are fair game by mass regs as well. Also need back-up light and had to have front plate mounted.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 5.0 HO EFI with Ford Racing Heads
Not Ranked     
Question

I am trying to get my new cobra registered in New York State. I don't need washers but i do need wipers. I don't want to cut any holes in the body so i have been trying to find the manual wipers that clip on the top of the windshield. Anyone know where to get those?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffjim View Post
I am trying to get my new cobra registered in New York State. I don't need washers but i do need wipers. I don't want to cut any holes in the body so i have been trying to find the manual wipers that clip on the top of the windshield. Anyone know where to get those?
Street rod suppliers, Speedway, etc.

If you are having your DMV inspection done at Dingens Street they likely will not even look. They are mostly concerned with where to stick the state issued VIN sticker!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 01-04-2019, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR Ford 302 Stroked 347
Not Ranked     

Who can tell me what the VDO part number is for windshields washer pump inserted into the reservoir bottle on the first Backdraft roadsters built, #0003 on up, primarily first generation the ones with the ugly eye hooks in back of the seat that hold the harness belts(these are the Gen 1 cars )
Old 01-04-2019, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

From what I can tell from looking at mine its a Universal reservoir.

Sold thru NAPA $34 for the tank and pump assy.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6651594

Made by Taap Corporation pump PN 5-642
https://www.taapcorp.com/taap-pump-catalog
Sold by Rock Auto for approx $15 for just the pump
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...sher+pump,8840

I'd buy the assy myself.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR Ford 302 Stroked 347
Not Ranked     

Thanks, Great info.

Appears the accessories on my 65 Backdraft Cobra, which is BDR #00016, were pulled from the VW parts bin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: