Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   New Backdraft RT3 owner. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/133722-new-backdraft-rt3-owner.html)

MJC 06-17-2015 05:05 PM

New Backdraft RT3 owner.
 
5 Attachment(s)
I've always been a fan of cobrasy entire life...childhood dream of mine.

Just before I turn 30 I wanted a new car and had to decide between a GTR, a Backdraft, and a Gallardo. Needless to say the manliest car won out, and I havent looked back at the decision since.

I scanned the internet for a new car for sale and found one at Naples Motorsports down in Florida. I talked the deal over with sales associate Chris Pruett and he made the whole deal seamless for me.

Once i flew down from Michigan and laid my eyes on it this past weekend i was sold. I bought it on the spot and rented a house on the beach in Ft Myers Beach. The whole weekend i cruised the coast, went to Sanibel Island and Captiva and many other remote paradise spots. Needless to say, the amount of attention young or old i recieved couldnt be rivaled with anything, save if i was driving a sherman tank through a church service.

What an awesome experience and an awesome car. I dropped the car back off at the dealer late Monday and they are shipping her back up to me after they do a check up on the car and chassis.... from the 350 miles I put on it in 2.5 days lol.

I would say Naples Motorsports was definitely my best car buying experience. If you decide to call them talk to Chris, they can virtually get any car you want. They had all the exotic hypercars there P1, 918, and LaFerrari...they are use to dealing with higher end cars,NV however they treated me like a million dollar customer the whole time.

The car is Arancio Argos, with black metallic stripes. Carbon dash, etc. 5.0 coyote mated to a t-56 6-speed trans. Here are some pics from the weekend.

BADSN8K 06-17-2015 09:32 PM

Awesome.. Beautiful Car!

My car 1445 should be arriving in the states in a month.

VINTAGE Motorsports Photo Gallery - Backdraft #1445

This will be my 2nd Cobra

enjoy!!

tpatodd 06-18-2015 12:59 PM

Nice ride! You are 100% correct about the amount of attention. Anywhere I go it draws a crowd. Enjoy her, respect her. :)

MJC 06-18-2015 01:54 PM

Thanks guys. As many of you know the pics never seem to do it justice. The in-person sensation of these cars is WOW!

I'm already yearning for more power. I come from having an 850 rwhp trans am and a 520hp srt8 jeep in the garage. This car takes what power it has to such an impressive level that just a tad more will make it perfect IMO.

Slated mods will be tires (toyo r888's), wilwood brake kit, and i'm stuck between a twin screw blower or staying all motor and just doing a head and cam package on the coyote. I love the N/A high winding motors in these cars...just sounds more "period correct" even though this car is anything but...

One question, how restrictive are the manifolds and side pipes fitted from the factory? Is there a replacement that will open them up but not deafen me or the occupants?

fordracing65 06-18-2015 03:38 PM

I would not supercharge it, just tune this engine with a flash and cam and port heads if needed, the tune will add power, you can get new side pipes, I'm sure those are very restrictive, I know the Superformance pipes have a 2 inch exit, lol...the car is so light, you have plenty of power now to move it, plus it is a well balanced car, which is the most fun to drive, if you have a little pecker supercharge it for the wow factor and tell everyone you have 800hp, and watch all the small block cars beat you because they hook up and you can't, cool car, I love the Rondells...

fordracing65 06-18-2015 03:40 PM

Give us an engine shot, I love the way that motor looks, a tune on these motors adds an easy 50hp...

MJC 06-20-2015 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a motor shot.

Yeah i feel the exhaust is restrictive. Id love to get a cobrajet intake and a better flowing exhaust and have the motor be able to wind up to its potential. It just feels....corked up.

Cashburn 06-20-2015 03:35 PM

It's not the exhaust. The current BDR pipes outflow the aftermarket mufflers that make big claims about baseballs etc going down them...

We've done plenty of coyote variants so have a good feel for what works and what does not. The stock intakes are incredibly impressive as well, you basically have to give up something to get it elsewhere. Like torque for HP.

GT Trooper 06-20-2015 05:48 PM

Very nice ride! Hope to see you out on Woodward this summer.

MJC 06-20-2015 07:35 PM

Cashburn,

What modifications did you guys do to the exhaust on the Verde Ithaca car you built recently?

I would like around 500rwhp in this ride if possible. Would be easier to achieve with a supercharger I'm sure. A friend of mine works for Roush and can get me a great deal.

Ive seen some of the all motor coyote cars vintage has built and i keep wondering what a high winding n/a coyote feels like vs the blower cars...

Does anyone elses t56 feel real notchy, or is it just the big long sticked shifter? My t56 in my ws6 is smoother than this by a long shot.

BADSN8K 06-20-2015 09:37 PM

Mr. Whipple
 
1 Attachment(s)
MJC nice ride.... unless your 5.0 is an Aluminator version, it will be tough to add the SC. I am faced with a decision soon... Cashburn just sent me a Whipple version.. Nice!..

I think I will be happy with the 480-500hp. I am going with TK600 3.91 and the .64 final drive.

Stay say and have fun!!:cool:

Cashburn 06-20-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 1353128)
Cashburn,

What modifications did you guys do to the exhaust on the Verde Ithaca car you built recently?

I would like around 500rwhp in this ride if possible. Would be easier to achieve with a supercharger I'm sure. A friend of mine works for Roush and can get me a great deal.

Ive seen some of the all motor coyote cars vintage has built and i keep wondering what a high winding n/a coyote feels like vs the blower cars...

Does anyone elses t56 feel real notchy, or is it just the big long sticked shifter? My t56 in my ws6 is smoother than this by a long shot.

Call me.

fordracing65 06-21-2015 12:45 AM

Put the biggest Kenny Bell charger on it, makes the most power of all the chargers, I think its a 4.0 L charger...

MJC 06-22-2015 12:05 AM

They make a 2.9L that is more than adequate.

Cashburn, calling you monday. Thanks.

mrracer 07-25-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 1352881)
I've always been a fan of cobrasy entire life...childhood dream of mine.

Just before I turn 30 I wanted a new car and had to decide between a GTR, a Backdraft, and a Gallardo. Needless to say the manliest car won out, and I havent looked back at the decision since.

I scanned the internet for a new car for sale and found one at Naples Motorsports down in Florida. I talked the deal over with sales associate Chris Pruett and he made the whole deal seamless for me.

Once i flew down from Michigan and laid my eyes on it this past weekend i was sold. I bought it on the spot and rented a house on the beach in Ft Myers Beach. The whole weekend i cruised the coast, went to Sanibel Island and Captiva and many other remote paradise spots. Needless to say, the amount of attention young or old i recieved couldnt be rivaled with anything, save if i was driving a sherman tank through a church service.

What an awesome experience and an awesome car. I dropped the car back off at the dealer late Monday and they are shipping her back up to me after they do a check up on the car and chassis.... from the 350 miles I put on it in 2.5 days lol.

I would say Naples Motorsports was definitely my best car buying experience. If you decide to call them talk to Chris, they can virtually get any car you want. They had all the exotic hypercars there P1, 918, and LaFerrari...they are use to dealing with higher end cars,NV however they treated me like a million dollar customer the whole time.

The car is Arancio Argos, with black metallic stripes. Carbon dash, etc. 5.0 coyote mated to a t-56 6-speed trans. Here are some pics from the weekend.

What body style is that? Is that the TD, with the side air vents (don't know what those are called) I'm researching one of these and didn't realize they come in that body style. Beautiful car by the way!

Cashburn 07-25-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrracer (Post 1356876)
What body style is that? Is that the TD, with the side air vents (don't know what those are called) I'm researching one of these and didn't realize they come in that body style. Beautiful car by the way!

That is called the GT Body.

mrracer 07-25-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1356883)
That is called the GT Body.

Thanks Cashburn. I don't see that mentioned on the Backdraftracing website (I assume this is the actual BD manufacturers website), is that new or am I missing something? From the website as far as I can tell from pics it looks like a TD body or is there like a special menu :) I don't see it the options either...

Cashburn 07-25-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrracer (Post 1356897)
Thanks Cashburn. I don't see that mentioned on the Backdraftracing website (I assume this the manufacturers website), is that new or am I missing something? From the website as far as I can tell from pics it looks like a TD body or is their like a special menu :) I don't see it the options either...

It's here Vintage Motorsports - Backdraft Racing Roadster Online Quote :D

mrracer 07-26-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1356913)

Much appreciated keeping the website in my back pocket.

BADSN8K 07-26-2015 06:10 PM

Backdraft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrracer (Post 1356973)
Much appreciated keeping the website in my back pocket.

Keep the website next to wallet.... I like that! :LOL:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubcobra.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Shelby American, any other replica manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by clubcobra.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Ford Motor Company, or Shelby American or any other manufacturer unless expressly noted by that entity. "Cobra" and the Cobra logo are registered trademarks for Ford Motor Co., Inc. clubcobra.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting clubcobra.com. For full policy documentation refer to the following link: