Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3GT, Arancio Argos/Black Magic, Coyote XS, T-56 Magnum
Not Ranked     
Default New Backdraft RT3 owner.

I've always been a fan of cobrasy entire life...childhood dream of mine.

Just before I turn 30 I wanted a new car and had to decide between a GTR, a Backdraft, and a Gallardo. Needless to say the manliest car won out, and I havent looked back at the decision since.

I scanned the internet for a new car for sale and found one at Naples Motorsports down in Florida. I talked the deal over with sales associate Chris Pruett and he made the whole deal seamless for me.

Once i flew down from Michigan and laid my eyes on it this past weekend i was sold. I bought it on the spot and rented a house on the beach in Ft Myers Beach. The whole weekend i cruised the coast, went to Sanibel Island and Captiva and many other remote paradise spots. Needless to say, the amount of attention young or old i recieved couldnt be rivaled with anything, save if i was driving a sherman tank through a church service.

What an awesome experience and an awesome car. I dropped the car back off at the dealer late Monday and they are shipping her back up to me after they do a check up on the car and chassis.... from the 350 miles I put on it in 2.5 days lol.

I would say Naples Motorsports was definitely my best car buying experience. If you decide to call them talk to Chris, they can virtually get any car you want. They had all the exotic hypercars there P1, 918, and LaFerrari...they are use to dealing with higher end cars,NV however they treated me like a million dollar customer the whole time.

The car is Arancio Argos, with black metallic stripes. Carbon dash, etc. 5.0 coyote mated to a t-56 6-speed trans. Here are some pics from the weekend.
Attached Images

Quentin Z, csw, mrracer and 1 others like this.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BD 1445 Coyote TKO 600 3.91
Neutral     

Awesome.. Beautiful Car!

My car 1445 should be arriving in the states in a month.

VINTAGE Motorsports Photo Gallery - Backdraft #1445

This will be my 2nd Cobra

enjoy!!
Old 06-18-2015, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #997, Roush 427SR+TW
Not Ranked     

Nice ride! You are 100% correct about the amount of attention. Anywhere I go it draws a crowd. Enjoy her, respect her.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3GT, Arancio Argos/Black Magic, Coyote XS, T-56 Magnum
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys. As many of you know the pics never seem to do it justice. The in-person sensation of these cars is WOW!

I'm already yearning for more power. I come from having an 850 rwhp trans am and a 520hp srt8 jeep in the garage. This car takes what power it has to such an impressive level that just a tad more will make it perfect IMO.

Slated mods will be tires (toyo r888's), wilwood brake kit, and i'm stuck between a twin screw blower or staying all motor and just doing a head and cam package on the coyote. I love the N/A high winding motors in these cars...just sounds more "period correct" even though this car is anything but...

One question, how restrictive are the manifolds and side pipes fitted from the factory? Is there a replacement that will open them up but not deafen me or the occupants?
Old 06-18-2015, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

I would not supercharge it, just tune this engine with a flash and cam and port heads if needed, the tune will add power, you can get new side pipes, I'm sure those are very restrictive, I know the Superformance pipes have a 2 inch exit, lol...the car is so light, you have plenty of power now to move it, plus it is a well balanced car, which is the most fun to drive, if you have a little pecker supercharge it for the wow factor and tell everyone you have 800hp, and watch all the small block cars beat you because they hook up and you can't, cool car, I love the Rondells...
Old 06-18-2015, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Give us an engine shot, I love the way that motor looks, a tune on these motors adds an easy 50hp...
Old 06-20-2015, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's a motor shot.

Yeah i feel the exhaust is restrictive. Id love to get a cobrajet intake and a better flowing exhaust and have the motor be able to wind up to its potential. It just feels....corked up.
Attached Images

BDR0572 and x96535 like this.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

It's not the exhaust. The current BDR pipes outflow the aftermarket mufflers that make big claims about baseballs etc going down them...

We've done plenty of coyote variants so have a good feel for what works and what does not. The stock intakes are incredibly impressive as well, you basically have to give up something to get it elsewhere. Like torque for HP.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

Very nice ride! Hope to see you out on Woodward this summer.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cashburn,

What modifications did you guys do to the exhaust on the Verde Ithaca car you built recently?

I would like around 500rwhp in this ride if possible. Would be easier to achieve with a supercharger I'm sure. A friend of mine works for Roush and can get me a great deal.

Ive seen some of the all motor coyote cars vintage has built and i keep wondering what a high winding n/a coyote feels like vs the blower cars...

Does anyone elses t56 feel real notchy, or is it just the big long sticked shifter? My t56 in my ws6 is smoother than this by a long shot.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mr. Whipple

MJC nice ride.... unless your 5.0 is an Aluminator version, it will be tough to add the SC. I am faced with a decision soon... Cashburn just sent me a Whipple version.. Nice!..

I think I will be happy with the 480-500hp. I am going with TK600 3.91 and the .64 final drive.

Stay say and have fun!!
Attached Images

BDR0572 likes this.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC View Post
Cashburn,

What modifications did you guys do to the exhaust on the Verde Ithaca car you built recently?

I would like around 500rwhp in this ride if possible. Would be easier to achieve with a supercharger I'm sure. A friend of mine works for Roush and can get me a great deal.

Ive seen some of the all motor coyote cars vintage has built and i keep wondering what a high winding n/a coyote feels like vs the blower cars...

Does anyone elses t56 feel real notchy, or is it just the big long sticked shifter? My t56 in my ws6 is smoother than this by a long shot.
Call me.
madmaxx likes this.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Put the biggest Kenny Bell charger on it, makes the most power of all the chargers, I think its a 4.0 L charger...
Old 06-21-2015, 11:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They make a 2.9L that is more than adequate.

Cashburn, calling you monday. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC View Post
I've always been a fan of cobrasy entire life...childhood dream of mine.

Just before I turn 30 I wanted a new car and had to decide between a GTR, a Backdraft, and a Gallardo. Needless to say the manliest car won out, and I havent looked back at the decision since.

I scanned the internet for a new car for sale and found one at Naples Motorsports down in Florida. I talked the deal over with sales associate Chris Pruett and he made the whole deal seamless for me.

Once i flew down from Michigan and laid my eyes on it this past weekend i was sold. I bought it on the spot and rented a house on the beach in Ft Myers Beach. The whole weekend i cruised the coast, went to Sanibel Island and Captiva and many other remote paradise spots. Needless to say, the amount of attention young or old i recieved couldnt be rivaled with anything, save if i was driving a sherman tank through a church service.

What an awesome experience and an awesome car. I dropped the car back off at the dealer late Monday and they are shipping her back up to me after they do a check up on the car and chassis.... from the 350 miles I put on it in 2.5 days lol.

I would say Naples Motorsports was definitely my best car buying experience. If you decide to call them talk to Chris, they can virtually get any car you want. They had all the exotic hypercars there P1, 918, and LaFerrari...they are use to dealing with higher end cars,NV however they treated me like a million dollar customer the whole time.

The car is Arancio Argos, with black metallic stripes. Carbon dash, etc. 5.0 coyote mated to a t-56 6-speed trans. Here are some pics from the weekend.
What body style is that? Is that the TD, with the side air vents (don't know what those are called) I'm researching one of these and didn't realize they come in that body style. Beautiful car by the way!
Old 07-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer View Post
What body style is that? Is that the TD, with the side air vents (don't know what those are called) I'm researching one of these and didn't realize they come in that body style. Beautiful car by the way!
That is called the GT Body.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
That is called the GT Body.
Thanks Cashburn. I don't see that mentioned on the Backdraftracing website (I assume this is the actual BD manufacturers website), is that new or am I missing something? From the website as far as I can tell from pics it looks like a TD body or is there like a special menu I don't see it the options either...

Last edited by mrracer; 07-25-2015 at 11:32 PM..
Old 07-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks Cashburn. I don't see that mentioned on the Backdraftracing website (I assume this the manufacturers website), is that new or am I missing something? From the website as far as I can tell from pics it looks like a TD body or is their like a special menu I don't see it the options either...
It's here Vintage Motorsports - Backdraft Racing Roadster Online Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
Much appreciated keeping the website in my back pocket.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Backdraft

Quote:
Much appreciated keeping the website in my back pocket.
Keep the website next to wallet.... I like that!
BDR0572 likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: