Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUZECAN View Post
I just installed Lucky 13 by HID Projectors on my BDR. Very similar car to yours. LOVE THE COYOTE. Never going back to carb.
Post pics when your post count increases please. Jay is trying to find me a set of chrome ones that have the red and white halos but has only found the black ones with those halo colors. They make chrome ones that have multiple colors but they are ridiculously expensive.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 5.0 Coyote
Not Ranked     

Two month update. Zero issues with the lights. Still working perfectly. Love these things! Probably the best $150 you can spend on the car.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Has anybody tried these? They're 75W each with DRL (required for my 1991 WCC).:
  • 25W low beam (5 x 5W LED)
  • 65W high beam (13 x 5W LED)
  • 10W DRL (2 x 5W LED)

Ignore the 'packing light' - obviously s/b 'parking light'. Yeesh.

https://www.amazon.com/WHDZ-Philips-...p?ie=UTF8&th=1
Old 03-09-2018, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Those look pretty powerful Cycleguy.

Appears the caption fellow gets around, seen a lot of his work here....
Engrish.comEngrish.com | Documenting the Engrish phenomenon from East Asia and around the world!
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdbrake View Post
Those look pretty powerful Cycleguy.

Appears the caption fellow gets around, seen a lot of his work here....
Engrish.comEngrish.com | Documenting the Engrish phenomenon from East Asia and around the world!
Yes, 65W x 2 is a lot for high beams, even 25W x 2 will be plenty bright on low beams.

Gotta love that fractured English!
Old 07-18-2019, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have a Backdraft, i removed the screw underneath the ring and i can move the ring left and right...but i cant get the ring to pop off.. any tricks to this?
Old 07-19-2019, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerb0y View Post
I have a Backdraft, i removed the screw underneath the ring and i can move the ring left and right...but i cant get the ring to pop off.. any tricks to this?
I encountered the same problem. As I recall… the bezel kind of stuck to the rubber seal… just gently work it loose. K… now let me ask… concerning LED headlights…

I found locally, and purchased, a pair of 50 watt LED dual beam bulbs made by Heise (HE-H4LED) that are a direct replacement for the halogen bulbs the cars came equipped with… while still using the stock headlight assembly so they still look like sealed beams. I toyed with them and they fit within the headlight buckets w/o any modifications and came with a three prong connector that fit the BDR connector. They were an easy install… and the improved light output was immediately noticeable.

However… I didn’t leave them installed because each bulb has a heat sink on the back… and my fear was the wiring inside the headlight bucket could possibly contact the sink and melt the insulation, creating a short. I took some temperature reading on the sink… I didn’t write them down but I seem to remember it being about 150 to 175 degrees… and that was in the open air… NOT in the bucket. Thoughts? Solutions (if any)? To those installing an entire LED headlight as pictured in this thread… is there a similar concern with their heat sink contacting your wires?
Old 07-19-2019, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR_Boy View Post
I encountered the same problem. As I recall… the bezel kind of stuck to the rubber seal… just gently work it loose. K… now let me ask… concerning LED headlights…

I found locally, and purchased, a pair of 50 watt LED dual beam bulbs made by Heise (HE-H4LED) that are a direct replacement for the halogen bulbs the cars came equipped with… while still using the stock headlight assembly so they still look like sealed beams. I toyed with them and they fit within the headlight buckets w/o any modifications and came with a three prong connector that fit the BDR connector. They were an easy install… and the improved light output was immediately noticeable.

However… I didn’t leave them installed because each bulb has a heat sink on the back… and my fear was the wiring inside the headlight bucket could possibly contact the sink and melt the insulation, creating a short. I took some temperature reading on the sink… I didn’t write them down but I seem to remember it being about 150 to 175 degrees… and that was in the open air… NOT in the bucket. Thoughts? Solutions (if any)? To those installing an entire LED headlight as pictured in this thread… is there a similar concern with their heat sink contacting your wires?
I got the rings off, gotta grab the sides on the lower half and pop the bottom out and off, then the rest will come off

Interesting observation on the heat sink..didnt think of that...they are jammed up tightly against the wiring inside the aluminum headlight bucket/housing
Old 07-29-2019, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default RGD halo lights

Has anyone installed the 7" LED RGD halo lights( they change different colors) in a backdraft and the actual wiring technique and where the red wire goes to the fuse box and and which area of the fuse box. Pictures would really help. Thanks. Leo

Last edited by lvictores; 07-29-2019 at 08:37 AM..
Old 07-29-2019, 10:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4 w/4.6 DOHC
Not Ranked     

I installed 7in LED's a year ago. Love them, when I drive back roads at night they are like laser beams. Instant daylight!
Old 08-02-2019, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Has anyone installed the 7" LED different color halo lights ( not just the white ones) and the actual wiring to the fusebox and exactly where it goes into the fusebox. I am trying to save myself a lot of headaches before taking this project on if someone has already worked thru that process. Thanks.