Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

RUF driver- Congrats on taking delivery. Make sure the ASE Mechanic can print out his certifications from the ASE website showing he has all 8 certifications. I went to one that said he had all the certifications, he did the inspection, and then discovered that many of his certifications had expired. Waste of a half of a day.
am9648- Good to hear that you had no issues at the Cypresswood address. That is the office closest to my house but because of Hurricane Harvey, it was still closed and had to make a trip to Tomball where they did not have a clue for Custom Vehicle registration. This location has always been good.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 418
Not Ranked     
Wink Dmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFdriver View Post
Went down to the local dmv/ tax office today to get a temp tag, they were totally klewless! All that’s required is proof of insurance and make/model/ year of car. For some reason the clerk wanted to see the title, I gave them the Certificate of Origin, that really threw them for a loop. They couldn’t figure out why a 1965 car didn’t have a regular title, they had to call the state, refused a 30 day temp tag and gave me a one time travel tag instead. Talk about dumb as a stump. I need to find another tax office for the real deal.
I hope I don't step on any toes but I think some of the requirements to work at a DMV office are: an IQ of less than 80, no common sense and a bad personality.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ront49 View Post
I hope I don't step on any toes but I think some of the requirements to work at a DMV office are: an IQ of less than 80, no common sense and a bad personality.
I think you may have something there on the personality trait.
They wanted the slogan "We're not happy until you're not happy" but the FAA already copyrighted it.

BDR0572 likes this.

Last edited by spdbrake; 02-15-2019 at 07:52 AM..
Old 02-18-2019, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

Man all this sounds Familiar, I did mine in 2015 ,I take mine to a ford dealer and get it inspected under 1965 assembled vehicle and so far no issues the only issue i had was the car came from a state where they do not issue titles for cars older than 12 years but they finally figured it out after reading the book and got it done by putting proof of title /owner as other and it went through. i did the paper tag on line and printed it up .Im in Lamarque Texas ,Santa Fe tax office did mine they where great in pulling out the book and figuring it out . Good luck .
Old 02-18-2019, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

Long story short. I tried a few places to get the ASE inspection, no luck. Either they did not want to do it because of some perceived liability or nobody was certified. So I said WTF, I got a regular safety inspection , no problem, and went down to the dmv. 20” later I paid my sales tax and walked out with my plates.
BDR0572 likes this.

Last edited by RUFdriver; 02-19-2019 at 01:19 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on obtaining plates on the Backdraft and now for nice weather to occur.

Out of curiosity, what did the Inspection Station say about emissions testing? Or did they just by-passed and do safety only. I am assuming there is no OBD II port on your Backdraft.

Enjoy the drive.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

Safety inspection only.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Yea me too

Quote:
Safety inspection only.
That is all I have had, I let them change my oil then just to give them some business , They have been great .
Old 02-22-2019, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default now looking for something to do

Quote:
Long story short. I tried a few places to get the ASE inspection, no luck. Either they did not want to do it because of some perceived liability or nobody was certified. So I said WTF, I got a regular safety inspection , no problem, and went down to the dmv. 20” later I paid my sales tax and walked out with my plates.
Camaro Kid Car Show Listings