Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By spdbrake

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2020, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #360
Not Ranked     
Default Radiator setup question - leak help

I found a leak in the thermostat housing, but I also found a leak on the upper drivers side of the radiator plastic housing. There is a small hose from the chrome fill tank that goes over the big pipe (that routes to the thermostat housing) and they go to the upper corner of the radiator. I will attach a picture, but I want to know if anyone has a shot of how that little tube it attached to the radiator. It is a super tight spot to get to... so any suggestions would be awesome. Based on the big tube being wet all the way around, it seems like it would be coming from above it.

Edit: the image is rotated, but this is the upper left corer area.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2020, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So it seems like the inlet faces out, but I'll have a little better access once I get the main radiator return tube off.

Assuming these parts are plastic(?) I'm not going to have much room up there to inspect for cracks.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2020, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That top small line the overflow line to the overflow tank. The nipple on the radiator is most likely cracked. If you pull the fan shroud (6 screws) and fan assy + 1 connector, then take off the large radiator hose. Loosen both clamps and slide it aft on the s/steel pipe.
You should have access then.
This thread link I listed a few Alt radiator part numbers.
Hello, new here, question about Az Heat
I see you have the dual 10" fans. If you want to do an upgrade the Mishimoto Raceline 10" fans push 1600 each and are pretty much plug and play. (drill new mounting holes in the shroud). I'm rock steady in traffic above 100F summer days
https://www.mishimoto.com/race-line-...ow-fan-10.html
https://mishimoto.com/media/addition...ans-sizing.pdf
BDR0572 and Ozzie Goat like this.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdbrake View Post
That top small line the overflow line to the overflow tank. The nipple on the radiator is most likely cracked. If you pull the fan shroud (6 screws) and fan assy + 1 connector, then take off the large radiator hose. Loosen both clamps and slide it aft on the s/steel pipe.
You should have access then.
Thanks for the links!
Old 06-20-2020, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=spdbrake;1478040]
I see you have the dual 10" fans. If you want to do an upgrade the Mishimoto Raceline 10" fans push 1600 each and are pretty much plug and play. (drill new mounting holes in the shroud). I'm rock steady in traffic above 100F summer days]

I was doing a little clean up work and was working on another leak I found at the water inlet. I pulled it off and found a 160* thermostat (I don't hate it, since I am in FL) and replaced it with another 160* since I was in there. It stays at 90*c with the dash light on and off. 90*c turns into 194*f.

I assume the light going on and off in traffic is normal? I have not attempted to just leave the fan on while in traffic or stopped.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

90C is great for FL.

I use a 185 stat, Mine was running 2 the 100c mark and 100+?? area in traffic. (this was prior to my fans being changed)

I switched to a Fahrenheit VDO gauge Pn 310-195, uses the same sender.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vdo-310-195
Easier to to read at a glance for me and the range markings are more plentiful.

I did the same thing on the Oil press gauge.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/VDO-350-1941
Old 06-20-2020, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you so much. $39 for the temp isn't that terrible! But $77 for oil temp? Once thing I have not figured out... any maybe I do need to switch to oil temp in F, is that it seems like my C readings don't really show up on my gauge? Maybe the sender is messed up.

My BAR readings seem to be perfect and accurate.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The oil pressure change (for me ) was really about the range markings and my brains inability to glance over and see what looks 2.0-or maybe its 2.5 bar and then trying to do the math back to psi. I suck at foreign languages also btw.

I bought the 350-1941 for $53.00 on sale as it includes the sender. The 350-194 ($39.62) gauge itself was on backorder.
https://www.vdo-instruments.com/inst...ender-12v.html

The Oil temp gauge always takes quite awhile to start reading. If its mounted high up in the pan it takes even longer as its not immersed in oil.