Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By SBSerpent
  • 1 Post By Lou1119
  • 2 Post By Old Painless
  • 2 Post By Cashburn
  • 1 Post By BDR0572

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2021, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR build #983, FRM 392
Not Ranked     
Default Vintage Motorsports

I flew from sunny SoCal to the East Coast to spend Thanksgiving with the family in New Jersey and CT. While there, I figured that I would reach out to the folks at VM, the birthplace of my BDR Cobra #983 (of which I am the second owner), and see if I could stop by the shop for a little visit while visiting family in CT. Even though it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving and the shop was closed, Jay offered to open the shop to accommodate my schedule. Going beyond the call of duty, Jay was extremely gracious and volunteered his time to give me and my son a tour of the shop. Can't say enough as to how accommodating Jay was and the cool stuff that Jay showed us in the shop. These guys definitely live up to their reputation. Thanks again Jay.

Mike
mattbrowne, BDR0572 and Bob K like this.

Last edited by SBSerpent; 12-02-2021 at 02:32 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance , Roush 427SR dyno'd at 526 hp
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBSerpent View Post
I flew from sunny SoCal to the East Coast to spend Thanksgiving with the family in New Jersey and CT. While there, I figured that I would reach out to the folks at VM, the birthplace of my BDR Cobra #983 (of which I am the second owner), and see if I could stop by the shop for a little visit while visiting family in CT. Even though it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving and the shop was closed, Jay offered to open the shop to accommodate my schedule. Going beyond the call of duty, Jay was extremely gracious and volunteered his time to give me and my son a tour of the shop. Can't say enough as to how accommodating Jay was and the cool stuff that Jay showed us in the shop. These guys definitely live up to their reputation. Thanks again Jay.

Mike
In this day and age when you typically get “due to COVID you will have to wait a lifetime “ or your wait time is 2 hours, this is truly fantastic. I makes me believe that there are still great businesses out there. I live on the west coast and would welcome a personn like Jay
mattbrowne likes this.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jay is one hell of a guy. Many, many times he has responded to my emails way after hours and weekends.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #2334 RT4B, Dart block 427 Borla 8-Stack Injection, Ruby Red with Black Magic strips
Not Ranked     

I'm currently working with Jay on a BDR build... it's been a pleasant experience, he's always there to answer my MANY questions.

I have no doubt the end result will be worth the wait.

Sorry for the lack of introduction, I belong to so many boards, I just assumed I've been active here in the past... apparently I've just been lurking for info this whole time.

As you can see, I've been here since 2017 and all my searching has lead me to Vintage-Motorsports for my dream build. I've spoken with Jay in the past and things just couldn't line up right on a build, but now the stars have aligned and we are off to the races.

427 stack EFI, TKX transmission, 3.73 rear, custom interior, Ruby red, wide tire package... and the list goes on... sparing no expense.

My history with all things engine powered is always more power, modify and search for a new toy. Now that I've become a little older and life has become more hectic, it's time to reduce down to a few toys I can enjoy on the few days I have off a month. The cobra has been a dream from the very beginning and I'll be damned if I'm not going to scratch that itch while I'm still somewhat young (45).

I'll post pics when she's done.
mattbrowne and EM-0785 like this.

Last edited by Old Painless; 12-03-2021 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: First post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am so happy to have Vintage also building my dream cobra. The communication from the start has been great. It's going to be as they say UNREAL. Great job Jay and Vintage. Follow the build @abe.vms_backdraft. ETA Jan. 23rd BDR2372

Last edited by mattbrowne; 12-03-2021 at 12:10 PM..
Old 12-03-2021, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrowne View Post
I am so happy to have Vintage also building my dream cobra. The communication from the start has been great. It's going to be as they say UNREAL. Great job Jay and Vintage. Follow the build @abe.vms_backdraft. ETA Jan. 23rd BDR2372
Matt, when did you place your order?
Old 12-04-2021, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #2334 RT4B, Dart block 427 Borla 8-Stack Injection, Ruby Red with Black Magic strips
Not Ranked     

I placed my order and deposit early April 2021 and the shipment from Backdraft with my car hit the states last week... no eta as of yet for complete build.

I'm hoping to get the car before summer is over.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Matt, when did you place your order?
I placed my order June 16th. Eta to the states is scheduled for Jan 25th.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I placed my order June 16th. Eta to the states is scheduled for Jan 25th.
I placed my order the first week of August so hopefully mine will be here mid March.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I placed my order the first week of August so hopefully mine will be here mid March.
Sounds about right. I think the the factory closes down for little this time of year. On their website mine is the last one they have listed for the last 3 weeks. No photos up of mine completed though. I am hoping eta of Jan 25th but have known in the past that is not always the case. I know some of the drivetrain and etc are long lead times so tried to get a little jump on those and get things ordered early. Hoping mine will be sitting in my garage by June 1st. I'm am assuming Vintage is doing your build? I am excited for the outcome of what they produce. If you want follow my build @abe.vms_backdraft
Old 12-04-2021, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sounds about right. I think the the factory closes down for little this time of year. On their website mine is the last one they have listed for the last 3 weeks. No photos up of mine completed though. I am hoping eta of Jan 25th but have known in the past that is not always the case. I know some of the drivetrain and etc are long lead times so tried to get a little jump on those and get things ordered early. Hoping mine will be sitting in my garage by June 1st. I'm am assuming Vintage is doing your build? I am excited for the outcome of what they produce. If you want follow my build @abe.vms_backdraft
You are correct, Vintage will be finishing the build.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You are correct, Vintage will be finishing the build.
Looking forward to seeing your build.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #997, Roush 427SR+TW
Not Ranked     

My car was built by Jay and is amazing. Runs great and turns a lot of heads!
Old 12-06-2021, 08:28 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone. It's been a challenging year with supply chain issues. Starting to see a little daylight.
BDR0572 and HBW like this.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

Hope this finds the VMS team heathy and good they built my ride years ago and still kiccking ass ,pass anything ...but a gas station . and loving it Jay was always there for me when i had a question .
FredG likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: