Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2004, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #65 392 tremec
Not Ranked     

Boudy, Reg mentioned that as an option. He is going to a glass shop in town to see how they ship and recieve auto glass. If they cant get something worked out, Imay take you up on the offer and run down and pick it up. I can fab something up to haul it back to arkansas in my pickup. I appreciate your willingness to help. You are my hero. I wonder if the other mfg's take care of customers as well as backdraft and dealers like you? I am glad I went with BDR. I will let you know what reg tells me about the auto glass shop shipping containers. Thanks again
Old 02-02-2004, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter with a 4.6 supercharged
Not Ranked     

Why not use the shipping box that the windshields are shipped in? When we get windshields in they are boxed in a large box with a Styrofoam liner. Never had one come in broken yet.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just assumed all the parts came from south africa with the car in large shipping containers, I dont think they recieve much in the way of small items or he would have mentioned it as a shipping option. Maybe the local glass outfit can fabricate a shipping container. If not I will be driving to Texas to get it I suppose. I wonder if Enzo at finish line would have anything he could use? He sells glass? Maybe I will give him a call tomrrow
Old 02-03-2004, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We get our windshields from Enzo and they come well packaged. I was goint ot saw you may wish to check with him but I was worried about shipping cost for an empty very large box. May be you can talk Reg into letting you buy the glass from Enzo and refunding your cost.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Called enzo today and i ordered a box that they use for shipping glass in. Box and liner was 40 bucks but thats cheap insurance and I dont want reg to have to run around all day hunting down a box for me. I gave finishline my credit card number and picked up the tab for the box and backdraft is picking up the ticket for shipping and the glass. Seems plenty fair to me. I am excited about getting it so I can do the swap. My biggest concern/curiousity is figuring out why the old one busted. I hope there is an obvious reason I can pinpoint so it wont happen again. Will be a week until enzo gets a box then a day or so to backdraft then a week in transit to me so I probably wont have an update for 2 weeks or so but I will update the forum when the switch is complete and report my findings. Thanks guys
Old 03-11-2004, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

After a few weeks finish line in fact cant come up with a box for shipping....So anyone got ideas on getting a windshield from backdraft to me in arkansas?
Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

Have the transport company pack it themselves ? If it breaks then it's their responsibility and they can't claim 'insufficient packing' might cost a little - but a lot less hassle than you seem to have right now.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Beck Lister-Corvette
Not Ranked     

I had a number of problems getting windshields shipped to me in one piece for my Lister. They finally got one here safely when they built a plywood box that was framed with 1x2's and padded the bottom with carpet scraps. Then they wrapped the windshield in plastic, dropped it into the box vertically, and then used that expanding foam to essentially glue the windshield to the sides of the box. There are probably easiers ways to do this but this did work. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think I still have a spare packing box from the glass for our car. I can ship it to you if you pay the cost. No change for the box. Has all of the packing materiel still in it as I recall.
Let me know.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bruce,
Can you ship it to backdraft at their new shop? I will gladly pay shipping charges. That way they can drop in the new glass and send back to me. I hav been driving mine and like everyone said it broke through to the other side the first night I drove it and parked it in the garage again. Weird. Parked in the garage and it cracked....then drove it all day and even went to the dyno then when I parked it that eve and it cooled off...cracked to the other side.
Anyways, If you could be so kind to ship that box to backdraft I will be happy to send you a check!

Buddie
Old 03-13-2004, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Buddie,

No problem. Do you have an address? I will work up the shipping cost on the box and let you know what it is.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

I'll be picking up cars this weekend. That'll put your windshield in Ft. Worth by next week.

Your call.

Boudy
Old 03-18-2004, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Boudy, I appreciate it but I would still have about a 12 hour round trip to get the windshield from fort smith. I do appreciate it a lot! I am going to go with bruce and I will pick up the dimp on shipping the empty box to backdraft. Just let me know what it costs. Tey are gong to send me a new spedo sending unit too...mine went haywire. Thanks for helping me out bruce. Let me know what I owe you...Will get payment right out. You guys are great. Hope I can return the favor sometime. If you ever need any gun work...drop me a line!
Old 03-18-2004, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still waiting for the address to ship it to. Need to figure out what it is going to cost.
Did you say Gun Work? My second most fun thing to do.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Address: 1300 West Industrial Ave, #103
Boynton Beach
Florida
Bruse, Thats Backdrafts address. I will be happy to pay for shipping and your out of pocket and time exppenses.
I said Gun work baby. I have a custom gun shop in fort smith and we have aare a full house machine shop and gunsmith service.
I personally do all the the 1911 and service rifle work as well as the bolt gun work, a 2nd guy does all the revolvers and refinishing (hot blue, slow rust blue, hard chrome, park, color case, charcoal clue, moly coat, etc) and a 3rd guy does the other "stuff" I have website on my profile I believe. Happy to assist in anything you may need.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You have mail.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bruce, I didnt get any mail....Not sure why. Do you mind sending to my home email address? its em3hogan@cox-internet.com
thanks for taking care of it...I will cut a check as soon as I get your email. Thanks and let me know if I can do anything for you!
Old 03-23-2004, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will send you a new email tonight.
I did not know that they were here in Florida. Should not cost much to get it to him since I am in Orlando.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

frank from backdraft called yesterday and said my windshield shipped that day. Thanks to Gemeni motors and Bruce edwards for helping me on the box issue. You are a pal.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No problem just glad I could help.