Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     
Default BDR #244 Engine Build Update

Well I figured some people with BDR's or 351w installs maybe interested in the updates. And I can also show off a little...LOL!
I have been working on the BDR parts list also so if you got questions please ask! I sure have used this site a lot for info and its time for me to give back!

Started working on the motor last weekend and will be working on it this sunday. Oh and I would like to thank the hand in the pic. Rich you where a big help! Oh and like to thank Mr. Shelby for letting me use his garage, tools and of course time!

Sid
Attached Images

Last edited by got snake?; 03-01-2005 at 05:38 PM..
Old 03-01-2005, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1454
Not Ranked     

Man, It must be nice to be a kid with a Cobra on the way. Just kidding...

Lets fire that thing up and go for a spin.

Sorry about the Cheetos I dropped in there before we got the intake on. I think I heard the mice munching on them, It should be OK.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Stop by on sunday. I'll need somebody there to tell me which way to turn the bolts like last sunday! Yeah I'm a s.i.n.k. (Single Income No Kids). Got to put an ad in the paper to find me a nice indian girl..."broke as a joke but got a bit#hin car!"

Sid
Old 03-06-2005, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

UPDATE 2:

Weiand waterpump install. used ARP bolt kit. BOLT WHERE ALL WRONG! I think I only used 3 of them. Went to True Value Hardware for the rest and also March pulley kit had two I needed. But of course they where to long. So I cut them. Now I'm just down one bolt near the water pump you can see it in the pick. Fuel pump bolted right on with no problem.
The March Alt bracket(The big one in the pic) it does not line up. I will try again on saturday so I can look at it with a fresh frame of mind. If anybody has input please help!!! Thermostat housing is in. 90 degree with 1.5 inlet.

Sid
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Those March brackets never work. If you can swap out a GM 1 wire alternator and pick up an alt mount from Roush you will come out ahead of cost and effort. Spent 2 years and several brackets from several companies including different pulley setups to figure that out.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How do I get a Roush bracket? Do you sell them cashburn? Heck can you get me a part number for a GM Alt too? that would be a huge help!!!

sid
Old 03-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

They are cheap enough you can go direct on 'em:

http://www.roushparts.com/detail.asp...ID=RE03-1000-A

When you order confirm this is the 351W part number, I don't have their catalog on hand but they make 2 versions of this.

The GM 1 wire can come right off eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Or if you want Powermaster has the best quality I have seen for a little more $$$.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

FYI the Summit number for the Powermaster Alternator is PWM-37293 and that is 140amp, so you can step down to 100amp with the BDR to save some coin.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     

Sid, What was the part number for your water neck and did you find a need for the bypass?

Jeff
Old 03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah I got that I'll post the part number when I get home. BTW Called March Pulley about the bracket issue. They said that the bracket will work with any head BUT edelbrock. So they do have a edelbrock specific bracket. I hope to get it by friday. I'll have to send the one I got back to them though.

Sid
Old 03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don't got a pic up but the belt is on! March of course got it wrong...Belt is 41 and 5/8 long. they said 40 is correct! Rotated the back of the alternator. doesn't hit the heads now. Will have pics tomorrow. Now I need to figure out what size the plugs are for the two heater holes on the intake. And plug the hole on the waterpump for the heater. Plus put in a fitting so I can run a hose from the bypass on the thermostat housing to the wp. This keep getting better and better! It finally is starting to look like a motor now thats for sure!

Sid
Old 03-26-2005, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Belt on!
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2005, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #200 with a KCR 575/550 408
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by got snake? Plus put in a fitting so I can run a hose from the bypass on the thermostat housing to the wp....
Sid,
Let me know what you use for this and can you post what the correct March part number is for the alt bracket with Edelbrock heads?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 PM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I recently had the same problem with ARP and I called them. I just had to tell them which bolt sizes I needed and they sent them to me. I needed about 4 different sizes. I believe that when they send the kit, there was something in there explaining if you don't have the right sizes to call them. It worked for me.

www.gcperf.com
Old 03-30-2005, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Sid, look in my gallery on page 2. There is a pic of my Windsor outside of the car that shows my March alternator bracket assembly. It's really nice. I have the TFS heads and the GM chrome single wire alternator. I called March and told them exactly what I have regarding engine configuration. They put the bracket system together and it worked great. I don't think you can get a better looking set up.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Tony,

I have seen a lot of guys use that lower bracket mount but I like the look of my set up. It all works now.

hp/weight,

I just got the fitting for the water pump. My water pump is a Weiand (sp) So i needed a 1/2 npt fitting with a nipple. You can get this a Home Depot in the plumbing dept. They should have a whole wall dedicated to brass fittings. The hose for the WP to Bypass on thermostat is from AutoZone. I just went it there and told them I got a 93 351w and need the hose. MAKE SURE you take the Brass fitting in with you to Napa or AutoZone. They should have two hoses that will work. If they only bring one out tell them to fine another one just like it. Try them both on the fitting. One has a wider lip on one end. That is the one I am using. Just pick the one you are more comfortable with.

I don't have the march bracket number with me. I'll try to get that to you some time this week.

Quick Update:
Called Southern Automotive and asked if they could make me a hard line from the fuel pump to carb. (Saw it on two cobras here in chicago and loved it!) Got it in and put it on the motor. PERFECT. Just needs a little adjustment to get the Holley Fuel Filter to fit between the Moroso fuel lines off the DEMON and the hard line. Its a nice clean look! I'm very happy with it. I will post pics when I can.

Sid
Old 04-08-2005, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys,

Got all the un wanted holes on the intake plugged up and got the hoses from the bypass to wp done. Now I just need to get the fuel lines lined up. That hard line from the fuel pump to carb is awsome! It looks very clean.

I put pics in my gallery. The motor is coming together nicely.
Anybody got info on flywheels? I got an aluminum one and a friend told me that they will warp if used during normal street use? Anybody got any input on this?

Sid
Old 05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BDR #244 IS STATESIDE!!! WOOHOO!!! Now onto customs this week...Finally!

Sid
Old 05-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by got snake?

BDR #244 IS STATESIDE!!! WOOHOO!!! Now onto customs this week...Finally!

Sid
Sid,
Do you know the date it shipped from SA?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #200 with a KCR 575/550 408
Not Ranked     

It's gonna be perfect timing for those beautiful Illinois summer days! Congrats, Sid.