28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 11:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     
Default Snakes To Lakes 2008 is in the books (PICS)

First, I want to thank Mike and Marv for setting up this event. It was my first event and it proved to be the most memorable.

Second, Pete wins the award for best attitude in the thick of adversity. This club is amazing when people put their minds and muscles together.

And lastly, thanks to everyone for putting up with a drunk first-timer and making new friends. My wife Melinda had a great time and are defintely going again!

Here are some of the highlights (sorry for the extra large photo's - getting late but I'll fix them on Monday!)

This last photo was for my daughter; her art project is to sketch "dead" tree's. While hiking up at Heavenly with Mike & Eleanor, my wife spotted this "griffin" looking piece:

Last edited by 289fia_cobra; 09-22-2008 at 07:06 AM..
Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Herman,

Great pics. Except for the car off the road. Sorry to see that and hope everything is OK.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 09-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Those are great pictures and I think I saw one Cobra that I recognize. Isn't the yellow one with black stripes Dave Dodge's?

What happened to make the one go off the road. Fortunately it doesn't look as if the damage is to bad.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron61:
Yes, that's Dave Dodge's. Rather unique looking with the wood panel dash and 3" dia. roll bar!

Pete's car was given a once over before we moved it. We didn't see any obvious fluid leaks but this ordeal consumed almost an hour as we first just stood around and assess the damage. We were not sure if this accident was precipitated from the infamous broken Bilstein shocks but as it turns out, that wasn't the case. We couldn't come up with anything more than Pete just getting a bit too hot into this sweeper, getting sideways, then rolling up and over the berm. He didn't dent the rims as far as we could tell, but scratched up the bottom pretty good, however, no damage to the oil pan, no damage to the axle or diff., no damage to the transmission. As you can see, his side pipe took a good hit, as did the front/lower fiberglass. The radiator pet-cock was bent and loosened a bit but I tightened that up easily. And since he's running a J-pipe, backing up for the exhaust port that got crunched wasn't a big deal so he was able to keep going for the rest of the weekend. When we got to the B-W in south shore, he even took time to clean it up! We didn't realize he had the car for only 6 months so unfortunately, he learned the hard way how NOT to take a turn so fast. We blame Russ since he was leading!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     
Default And The winner is!!!!

I am tempted to post a picture of David Dodge LOL but I wont....
Great Pictures Please post more!! I was lazy and did not take much of my own so I will copy all of yours.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will try to find a few more but between shots (and I mean tequila shots!) I didn't get any of just "people" during the party.

I really wished I got the picture of Russ and "Bonnie", the morning waitress, as she got the ride of her life. She is the sweetest little old lady.

We talked some about how next years evening party will be played out. Nothing 100% final but the suggestions seem to be farily unanimous that we put more of the money into just FOOD and everyone coming, bring or purchase your own spririts of choice. I suspect we left a lot of opened wine... and darn it if I had to finish one just so it wouldn't be wasted (heh, of course I was pretty wasted too!)

To those that brought the GOOD tequila (Russ, stop with the Jose Cuervo... that stuff gave me an instant headache!!!), I thank you! I must of downed 6 shots and NO headache or hangover. Anyone remember the one in the "cube" looking decanter, white with azure blue design... that stuff was great. Patron is now becoming my favorite, and that amber colored one with almond extract, Puerta Negro???, I could have drank that all day. And I will apologize if I didn't make any sense talking to anyone.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Tony R. bought the “Corza” good job Tony!
I spoke with a few people regarding next year dinner party.
I am planning to (depending on the price and the interest I get) coordinate a dinner/cocktail party followed by a boat ride at the Thunderbird Lodge
http://www.thunderbirdlodge.org/events.html#winedinners
Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Pete - Great to hear that you and your car were OK and you were able to continue on!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Great pics Herman!!

Danette and I would also like to thank Monster, Marv and Mike, Debbi and anyone else who had a hand in the get together. GREAT JOB!!

We took the route in reverse all the way back. It was Chris, Mike and I. Not sure where everyone else went. The one road between 88 and 50 is great. Mike and I couldn't keep up with Chris. He was solo and hauling A$$!!!!!

Danette and I made it back to our youngest daughters game in Mountain View by 2:45. Glad we made it since they kicked a$$ 3 to 0.

Waiting for the next gathering!!

Scott and Danette

Last edited by scootter; 09-22-2008 at 04:31 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/Bennett, FE with lots of shinny parts that make it go fast
Not Ranked     

First,

PLEASE include Mike & Debbi McJilton in your thanks!!!!

They did a great job in pulling everything (food, drinks, tableware etc) together for Friday night's "Welcome to Snakes" reception.

Marv and I would also like to thank everyone that attended this years Snakes. The more events we have with this group, the more we all find that it's really about the people. And this group is the best, we hope everyone enjoyed Snakes as much as we enjoyed hosting you this year.

Herman,

The Tequilia was Tonala- Anejo

And now.....................................Herrrrrree ee's Bonnie

I like your idea on next year's food/drink, I'm sending out an email to everyone that attended BACC events this year shortly, so please include your comments in that email.

thanks,
M&M
Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike and Deb, thank you too! Didn't mean to leave you out - my bad.
Next year ping me and Melinda and we'll assist any way we can.

Can't wait for next year!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4771-CF. 1966 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Scott,

I am not sure if Chris was fast or we were slow, uh after all we had the co-pilot handicap, which I can tell you in my case it slowed me down a bit. I think after our trip up on Friday, damn you Pete...damn you (just kidding), my wife looks at the speedo a bit more closely. The funny part is when we got home and mentioned to my folks about our trip back my wife indicated she noticed I got up to 85mph somewhere on 88. Actually at one point I was passing a large 5th wheel trailer on hit the north side of 100+. Good thing she didn't notice that

See ya...

Mike

P.S. Thanks a bunch to all of you who put this together. We had a fantastic time as always!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk III
Not Ranked     
Red face Off Road'n in a Cobra

Hey Guys,
I want to thank all of the BACC for their help in my "predicament" off the road. Herman got it right ... I simply entered the sweeper too hot. The car gently slid the tail out and I could not catch it even with full opposite lock. I landed pretty gently, all things considered. Fortunately, there wasn't much damage. Herman's pictures show it pretty well. Side pipe, the body next to the side pipe, front oil cooler intake (no oil cooler damage, I don't have one) and a crack in the right rear fender. Most of the rest was just dirt. Inspection later showed scrapes on the frame rails and the oil pan.
I'd like to set the record straight. There's only one person to blame for this ... me! I was following the fast group but had laid back a bit to create a gap. I was driving completely on my own when it happened.
Sorry about the fall-out with your co-pilot. I now wish mine had been along to "moderate" my right foot.
It's amazing what can be done when you line up 15 or 20 guys around a Cobra and lift! We got the car back on the road with minimal aditional damage and quite a story to tell. After a quick check-out, I simply drove on to Tahoe.
The next day I brought it into the Midas shop in S. Tahoe. The guys were thrilled to have a Cobra on their rack. We looked it over thoroughly and couldn't find any bent or broken parts. No leaks (that weren't already there) either. The alignment wasn't disturbed either. The car drove pretty straight with maybe a hint of wanting to pull to the left.
The weekend proceeded without a hitch. The car performed flawlessly the rest of the trip. Dennis S. and I did the trip back the east bay together without incident. I even got 20mpg on the way home. There's a lot of down hill.
The next step is repair. Russ has an extra side pipe he has offered and I'll take the car up to Ken Pike for the body work. While I have it up there, I'm going to have him paint the aluminum fuel cell black, install bear claw door latches and spray clear plastic paint protection on the nose and rear fender fronts. If I had that protection on the nose, it might have prevented the damage off road, don't you think?

Best Regards and a million thanks,
Pete
Old 09-23-2008, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pete:
Mike in Fremont (acmikee) has a set of J-pipe side pipes he can sell you.
I'll PM you his info.

-Herman
Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Mike,

I think we were a bit slow. The only time I got up to a good speed was on 88 after passing the cars and coming up behind you. I had no idea how fast I was going till Danette told me. Will say it was a bit faster then the above mentioned.

Scott
Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4771-CF. 1966 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Pete,

The main thing is that you came out unscaved. We drove by just as you opened your door. You can't believe the relief we felt seeing you step out, understandably angry, but ok. Believe me the co-pilot thing is no biggie. In fact when I am a passenger I am typically not very comfortable either. Sounds like the car will be back in shape soon and without major work. Amazing how well she faired considering how things looked down in the dirt. Great to hear all is ok...

Take care,

Mike
Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Let me add my thanks to Mike & Marv and Mike & Debbi! And here's one pic that I took Saturday, as Tom B, Mike B, Scott B, and I (and our co-pilots) stopped for a "photo-op" on the way around the lake.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1980 Arntz 427W, Webers, TKO600, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Randy, That is a cool picture!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Randy....that looks like a great calendar photo if you ask me. Wadda ya think Tom?

From the great Northwest,

Bill
Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Here is Randy's picture from further away.