28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance with 460
Not Ranked     

Cindy, here are a few suggestions: Off Hiway 99 there are several restaurants very close. There is a Perko's, lots of parking but food just so-so, an AppleBee's, but does not have a seperate room for us, a Johnny Carino's (country Italian), a Chili's and a place called Mikes Road House. My recommendation is Mike's Road House on Dale Road which has a seperate room I can reserve. Parking is okay as it is in a commercial center but not sure if all 30 cars could park right next to each other. Parking is not as much an issue at AppleBees but no seperate room. Chili's is next to the big mall so all 30 cars or more could park right next to each other with plenty of room. Not sure if they have a seperate room but I can find out... but don't think so. You make the call... and I will get the reservations. Thank you, Jeff McKay. Also, if you want to contact me via cell phone call me at 209.985.9900
Old 02-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default Maqrch 17th CVCC meet

Hi Jeff! thanks for the help!! However, you make the call on the place to meet. I dont know that much about any of them up there, love Italian, Mexican, most any kind of food. But how about since its your area, you make the call on the place. I dont know that it will be 30 people again, it was about 13-15 cars. Just something that is easy access, easy to find for us out 'o towners, and a room of our own would be great!! Oh...and sun would be nice too.....I dont want to put the top on

I'll give you a jingle tomorrow and touch base. This is your area!!! Thanks for the help!!!

Its raining enought now right here I do believe my car may float down the road if I open the garage...........
Old 03-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

March 17...Modesto...got it.

Just an idea...Castle Air Base Museum (Atwater).

Last edited by Jamo; 03-04-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Old 03-04-2007, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Heritage body, built the rest..460 Toploader..9"
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys...Have you thought about the possibilities of the Fruit Yard. Lots of parking, great start if you want to take a little ride, easy to get to..Just another idea. There is also Mimi's Cafe across from Mike's Roadhouse, or we could just all go to Ricks house.

John.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: kirkham 427sc,aluminum 427 fe ,twm inj.
Not Ranked     

jeff do you live in del rio? black caddy? i was behind you yesterday .you where turning on stewart? i was on my harley with 2 other guys. also the bay area cobra club is having there dinner that night David Kirkham is the guest speaker. jim

Last edited by 800hp; 03-04-2007 at 10:54 AM..
Old 03-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Aw shoot...nevermind. That is the All-State Choir weekend in Ontario.

For those that I haven't bored to death with this: Kelsey, my youngest who attends Clovis East (which, by the way just kicked Clovis West's ass for the Valley basketball championship after kicking their ass for the football championship...I digress), has made All-State Choir (the State's bestest) all four of her high school years...a rare scenario. She has been in plays, opera, etc. This, of course, is all passed down to her from me.

In other words...have fun!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim, yep that was me in the black caddy. I live out in Del Rio. I remember those bikes going by.. who wouldn't. Sweet. Too many toys now for a bike...
I also have the giant hummer I bought from Amare Stoudamire who completely tricked it out...
Old 03-04-2007, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John, the Fruityard is a great place.. just wasn't sure if people who traveled a bit wanted to go another 15 minutes off the freeway to get there. But a fund drive out in the country and good food, and lots of parking if the extra 15 minutes isn't a problem. They also have a room in the back that I can get as I know the owners of the place... Just let me know so I can reserve the room.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Anyone coming from the South can turn off in Tulock and go out Geer Rd?

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 03-04-2007, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If that is the place we choose... I can get the address and best directions to the restaurant from each direction. Again, is driving 15 minutes off the freeway a big deal or not?

Jeff
Old 03-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 15 minutes more...in this weather???? ah heck...more sun......

NOT a problem!!! that means more sun, more sun screen!!

I just got in from Tahoe and am all sunscreen prepared!! I hope to have the day off, so lets get that address and heck yes its ok for another 15 minutes of drive time...for me and the mountain crew, you city guys ok with an extra 15 minutes of drive time????
Old 03-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ok, I know what I am doing. Really!! the 17th is next week not this week. I KNEW that.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds like that's the place.....I better get busy on my car or I might end up bringing the Harley. Rick...are you working that day?

John
Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

John, either get on the Cobra or the Scrambler, if you're not done, you can ride with me. I'm off so I'm good. We need to get a potential headcount and make the necessary arangements.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 03-08-2007 at 10:25 PM..
Old 03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scrambler I'd have to push, so it's not happening....although if I work until 3 or 4 every morning sleep for an hour then go to work every day until next week I might make it......just kidding. I'll thrash this weekend and see what happens. Once I start it will just flow....it's just the getting started part.
Who is taking charge so to speak of the arrangements and should we meet beforehand to firm things up. I'm open for suggestions.

John
Old 03-08-2007, 11:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Who's coming? We need a potential headcount please. Late morning early lunch and a couple of hour (or more?) round trip drive sound good? Is that what everyone has in mind? By the way this place besides the restaurant has all grades of fuel, and a Mini mart and it has a real good Fruit selection, hence the name, Fruityard. It is a popular stop off for the crowds that will start heading to the local lakes & resevours.

When was the last time you had a Menu to look at before you went?

http://fruityardthe.liveonatt.com/restaurant.nxg

Do a Google wold search and you can see the layout and parking. The address is at the bottom of the Menu. There are a few shortcuts for those of you coming from South of Turlock or Merced. If you need help, just PM me or John OR ATMKing.

Last edited by Rick Parker; 03-09-2007 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default March 17th CVCC meet, Im in!!

Hi Rick & John
I'm in with one kid maybe two if he doesent have to work. I'll work tomorrow and grovel for next Saturday off. I am in need of a drive out in the georgeous GREEN countryside!! We'll bring the St Pats hats.....
Old 03-09-2007, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge, Boss 429
Not Ranked     

I've got my fingers crossed in hopes that I'll be there
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hey Chris,

I'll be at Dave's shop early Monday to put a few bits back on my car. I hope to make some progress on your badboy . I'll give you a call.

Talk soon, John
Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hey Cindy, Ron / All CVCC members,

Now that you guys are doing the 3rd Saturday thing each month too, maybe we can do a joint NorCal Cobras / CVCC Lunch meet midway in April on the 3rd Saturday somewhere (weather permitting) just to synch up one month before the B#$%. Nothing big, just a drive/meet/eat/hello and drive back home. Maybe somewhere right between Sacramento and your midway point. Just a thought. Let us know? DC