Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default February meeting day???

The first meeting was a great success, in my humble opinion! So....shall we pick a meeting date for February, as its already here???

We wanted to meet in the Northern valley this time, so should we make it Modesto? Ripon? any of the Modesto guys know of a good place to meet up there??

February 17th or the 24th?? You guys start jumping in on this one!! Its already the 5th!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

I vote for the 17th.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 02-05-2007 at 07:20 PM..
Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

The later in the month the better for me.

Tough to suggest a good place toward the North. I will be in Lodi tomorrow. I travel 99 all the time and a good spot is not coming to mind right now.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hi, Cindy! not to tell you what to do or anything, but just an fyi.... the dallas group has a 'set date' for their monthly meets. Always set in stone (except for a holiday or something) so, we always know when it is, and if somebody has plans, then tough $hit. We don't have to worry about hurting anybody's feelings by saying 'well i can do it here, but you can't, and you can and you can't' anyway, while ya'll are in the organizing stage, might want to mull over some ideas like that. We pick the 'first Saturday' rain or shine. it was cold this past saturday, about 6-7 cars, and a bunch of wusses like me. But... we all knew it was the first saturday. Look around some of the local forums, and see if they have a set day. Works out nicely for us. Maybe last Saturday or the last Wednesday after a full moon... (haha, just kidding ya)

good luck! sounds like ya'll are doing great! way to go.
Kristen
ps. just found out i can't make wscb. i am sooooo bummed!!

pss. someone from the area will post in the texas forum if it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, and that person will select the location. So, we have a little flexibility, but it's nice to know (and my poor husband even knows!) it's the first Saturday.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Set date is the goal

Hi Rick, Morgan all the CVCC people! I think a set date is the goal here, we had the day in January because it was something we needed to get going. I would prefer either the 2nd or 3rd Saturday of the month every month, however I want one that the majority of the group wants. Same Saturday, because I know there will be one or so down the road I wont be able to make, but at least we wont have to plan each month which Saturday to pick.

We were going to talk about this the first meet and none of us that I know of did much but talking cars, eating, and having a great time!! Lets pick a set Saturday of each month be it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd of 4th one and I'd like to hear all of your opinions.
Lets do a poll??? (help me out here) and lets see which one would work the best or be the most popular for everyone and then stick with it.

Kristen, thanks for the imput...makes sense!!! When you come to CA you'll know which Saturday to come to our meeting!!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default cant make the WSCB????

oh man thats a too bad!! well, there is always next year. It just keeps getting better, so by 2008 who knows what'll happen!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

there are some good restaurants just off the fwy in Modesto. I have to go to San JOse tomorrow, but will look as I go up along the way to see whats up the north route.
Rick P, any ideas? Thats your town!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: kirkham 427sc,aluminum 427 fe ,twm inj.
Not Ranked     

ridgways on oakdale and orangeberg good food and lots of parking! Jim
Old 02-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 17th or 24th?

Looks to me like the 24th might be better for most, just because no one has responded back, and the 17th is coming up this weekend.

Hop in here you guys and say what works for you guys as far as a day? I think a brunch is still in order, but we should certainly try to make a set Saturday of each month. At this next meet lets talk about that!!

Its the North valley meet this month, so Bakersfield, Exeter, Fresno, etc we're doing the driving this time!! (OK with me!!)

The suggestion is Ridgeways in Modesto, since its the only one thats been thrown in here from a local Modesto (i.e. knowledgable about the area??) helpful person!! Thanks 800hp! Can you get a little more specific about the name and address of the place? Appreciate the input!!

C'mon everyone, lets keep the momentum going, we had a terrific start!!

GO CVCC!!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: kirkham 427sc,aluminum 427 fe ,twm inj.
Not Ranked     

The 24 th works 4 me we are going to be in hanford this sat 4 an open track day at kings speedway at the fairgrounds. as far as the location of ridgeways it is in the century center strip mall on orangeberg and oakdale. so if you take the briggsmore exit from 99 north go right at at the stoplight your first street (orangeberg) go right follow this all the way to oakdale go through the intersection and turn left into the shoping center and the restaurant will be on your right. time? Jim
Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The 24th isn't going to work for me this month, but here is a bump too!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default I will not be there either

Just a bad month with so much going on. I think the winter months are going to be tough for many people.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default March 17th??? Yea, I'm Irish!!!

I agree with it being a bad month. I have to work the 24th, thats in 2 days. Looks like March, and right now the month of March is already getting crazy too.

I am throwing in the day of March 17th, the 3rd Saturday. Because thats the only one I will be in town for! You guys dont need me tho, so if you have a Saturday in March that works better, hop in here and I'll be pushy about that one for ya!!

I have 3 inches of snow here at my house!! I am not taking the Cobra out this Saturday!!!! My chains dont fit.....
Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

We have a significant amount of hail standing on the lawn and in the flower pots. We got hammered about 5:30 today.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It started snowing here at the house again this evening....yeaaaaaa. Maybe a tree or two will fall over and I cant get to work tomorrow........ya know this snow isreally wet and heavy! Darn trees just fall over!!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I drove home in light snow last night, had about an inch on the ground. This morning there was about 2 inches on the ground, and was snowing as I left for work. Gotta love the hills!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hi Cindy,
For what it's worth, can I make a recommendation to your group, and I hope so, so here it is.

What works fairly well for some groups is to pick the same day to meet every month; like every 3rd Saturday, for example, and pick a default location too just in case nobody can decide. This way people can plan ahead without having to check CC just to figure out a date. With this approach, those who can make it will make it, and those who can't will try again on another month. This keeps it going, casual, and consistent. It also saves YOU time and effort from not having to get everyone on the same page on CC picking a day/date every month, which is just about near impossible and that exercise can take the fun out of it sometimes by the time you get everyone to agree, and someone always gets left out no matter what you do anyhow. Come up with a regular day each month and go with it. We've found if you break the cycle or day much, it throws everyone off and it starts to fall apart. As soon as you get back on a consistent day in the month and time, people will mysteriously show up out of the blue too.

By taking this approach, some months a large group will show and other months maybe just one or two; and even small groups can be fun anyhow. We've been doing this with the NorCal group for a number of years now and it usually starts out with the first person starting a new thread each month here on CC for our local club forum, someone just asking where are we meeting, and we rotate locations around each month which makes it even more interesting and very casual. Just my .02 cents for what it's worth. Good Luck and have fun.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 3rd Saturday of the month for CVCC

Duane
I am right in there along the same line of thinking. This was my goal, I have just not been approaching it right I guess.

Ok guys, lets make it the 3rd Saturday of each month. Towards the end, so it will fit for the guys that have indicated the end of the month is better.

If anyone has another idea, by all means jump in here. Since no one else really has indicated anything other as a preference than for now its going to be the 3rd one.

This March 17th, being the 3rd Saturday of March, lets make it in the Modesto area since we didnt make it in February.

The place and time will be Ridgeways. Time, address of restaurant to follow.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance with 460
Not Ranked     

Cindy, I live in Modesto and think that there might be a better place to meet than at Ridgeways which is a number of miles off the freeway. Not super hard to find, just take about 10 to 15 minutes to get to once you get off the freeway. That might or might not be a bad thing. Let me see if I can come up with someplace if looking for somewhere closer to the freeway is better. How many people showed up at the last meeting?
Thank you, Jeff McKay
Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default March 17

HI Jeff
That would be great if you know a place. I know theres places off there by that soccer store, but cant remember the exit. About 30 people showed up at the Jan meet. Thanks!!