Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Hey Chris!
I took some pics, but their too high resolution to post. I can't figure out yet how to make them smaller/more compatible with my computer, something to do with the scanner that wont let them on.....I dont know arrgggggg

There were 4 people taking pics that I know of........lets hear their excuses now......
Old 06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

I have a few that I can post later tonight. They turned out pretty good.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 06-26-2007 at 01:28 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge, Boss 429
Not Ranked     

Look forward to seeing them Rick.
Cindy, you are temporarily excused.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

[IMG][/IMG]

Cindi must have been a Girl Scout, she was the best prepared of us all, check the contents of her trunk. Little did we know, we would need to tap into the supplies 30 minutes later. NAPA would be envious.

[IMG][/IMG]

John Marsy was adding a little oil to his fire breathing 331" Yates headed Monster (sounded like a Winston
(yes Winston) Cup car. Good job John, you get the long distance award.
[IMG][/IMG]

Morgan took the lead with his gorgeous Shelby CSX, he knew the roads but a rock wiped out a tire late in the day....you get the tough luck award.

[IMG][/IMG]

Our turnaround point was about 15 miles above the lake on some of the most gorgeous Cobra roads you could imagine. No traffic at all and those Pine Trees smelled soooo good. Near 7950 Ft elevation.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I protected the rear guard with my little 289.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 06-26-2007 at 10:29 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Girl Scouts have all the fun!!

Well, ok. Hey Rick, I have 2 ponchos in that trunk too, but damn if I have had to use them yet....but I have them!!! Surprising how much stuff I can fit in that trunk, AND a battery too! Got to go restock the Fix-A-Flats and throw in another case of oil!!!!!

Seriously you guys that didnt make it, this road is NOT a 4x4 road that it looks like in the pics....it really was nicely paved the entire way! Incredible views of the lake, and cool air. Wow, nice change up at 8000 feet elev.

Thanks for posting them Rick!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz
Not Ranked     
Default Nice!

Wow! Looks like it was a beautiful ride!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks to everyone there

Richard and Deborah are missing from the shot in there green SPF. I headed up with them to meet everyone at Bass Lake. He had to head back early after lunch because his father went into the hospital.

That left four Cobra's for the cruise up the twisty roads above Bass Lake. I do not beleive there was one section of straight road the enite 15 miles.

My BAD for picking an area to turn around that had sticks and pine cones however there was not a whole lot of options given the area we were in.

And of course end up paying the price by getting a flat about 1 mile north of Bass Lake. Everyone jumped in to help where they could. The Good Year Eagle on the rear was toast and no amount of air was going to get it fixed with the size of hole that was in the tread. So the last and best option was to get a trailer and tow it home. John Marcy and Cindy and her son jumped into action while Rick waited with me for them to return.

When John and Cindy returned we loaded the Cobra up on the trailer and took it back to my house in Fresno. Rick jumped in his reliable slab sided cobra and headed back to Modesto.

I felt bad that John had to go really out of his way to help me out and owe all these guys big time.

This is a really good group of people and we certainly have to plan more events in the future.

I am even thinking right now of hosting a club party in the fall with a cruise to go with it. Will keep everyone posted.

I am currently out of town on business and when I return I will post the pictures that I have of the past weekend. I also know that John took some pics but is also out of town.

Last edited by RedCSX1; 06-27-2007 at 10:11 AM..
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Best wishes for Richards Father, hope all is well.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Yup same here...pass on our best to Richard and his dad.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard Father had a appendix burst and he had gangreane. They have in in the hospital on a heavy dosage of anitbiotics.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge, Boss 429
Not Ranked     

Richard,
Prayers to your dad for a speedy recovery.

Chris
Old 06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Morgan we are glad that nothing more than the tire got damaged. Had it been a front you might have been forced off the road. Blessings in disguise.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ordered two new GoodYears at $233 each. Should have them by the end of the week. Rick your right. As this is minor bump in the road in the big picture of life.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It sure felt like the end of the world when the stuff was squirting out faster than it could be put in. It looked like John had been milking a Cow without a bucket.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Our prayers for Richards Dad. Please pass that on to him. There will always be another drive.

Morgan that was a great idea for a drive, something I would never have thought of. Yea, I think the longest straight was maybe 1000 ft? But it was a totally different type of drive, and just terrific.

The pictures would have looked even better with Richards green beauty in them. We'll get him in there next time. Keep us posted on his Father, thats some serious stuff.

Lets start thinking of another cool drive for the July meet, oh man would the coast sound good right about now or what? Maybe the high country? Lets hear some ideas soon! They just keep getting better!

The trunk is now restocked!! Heck I should keep a fully stocked ice chest in there too.........
Old 07-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Default FIX-A-FLAT!!! Don't leave home without it!!!

Hi All,

I hope all is well with Richard's Dad and please keep us posted on his progress.

Once we all finally caught up to Richard, Deborah, and Morgan, up at Bass Lake and after much confusion, Morgan and Cindy wanted to explore some godforsaken old paved logging road that was more suited to an Evo or Subaru Impreza WRC Prototype. Morgan said he felt bad that Rick and I had traveled so far for what was ending up to be such an uneventful get-together. So off we went up into god’s country, leaving Bass Lake, with Morg and Cindy driving like pursued criminals. Rick and I tagged along at a safer pace not realizing that Morgan was about to provide more than enough entertainment to make our trip worthwhile and more.

After what seemed to be too far up the twisty uninhabited mountain road we finally stopped for a break and a discussion about narrow blind turns, semi trucks, and medevac helicopters. We decided to head back down:

The theme for this get-together soon became “Fixaflat” as Morg’s right rear Goodyear was severed by a small twig half way down the mountain:

Fortunately between the four cars, we had a total of four cans of Fixaflat which got us down the hill but that was it. The gooey white “spooge” just couldn’t fill that big hole. Even Charlie was thinking no amount of this stuff was going to fix that big friggin hole! :

Happily gesturing with an empty can, we finally got Morg down the mountain:

Charlie, Morgan, and Rick giving the "sh!t happens" gesture:

"FIXAFLAT"! Don't leave home without it!!!

Thanks for all the excitement Morgan. You CVCC folks really know how to have fun! I can't wait for my next visit!

Hope all is well and talk soon, John
Old 07-03-2007, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the great pictures and commentary

John you have been elected club photographer. These adventure should be even more fun when Rick installs Webbers on his FIA. Thanks again for all your help. The Cobra now wears new rear rubber. Thinking of having a front tire mounted on a rim to use as a spare for these future adventures.

Last edited by RedCSX1; 07-03-2007 at 12:38 PM..