Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

Krewton: looks like some good progress, so you found an intake and carb for the 4.6. let me know what you found as options for that intake. I was thinking that if I put that 4.6 of mine into an old school car that i also would like to get an intake and carb. and so with all this can you eliminate the computer setup or will you still need it.

Keet it up. Ray
Old 02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster II
Not Ranked     

Ray,

I went with a Holley Carb. (HLY-0-86670RD), MSD 6011 to controll it, and a sullivan hi performance intake specifically for the DOHC 4.6

Krewton
Old 02-28-2010, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We made a lot of progress with the wiring. Here are a few shots of where we routed the wiring to and from.

http://picasaweb.google.com/levingsk...84841723414386

http://picasaweb.google.com/levingsk...84949372687362

http://picasaweb.google.com/levingsk...85491713361730

Traveling all this week, so will catch everyone next weekend.

Krewton
Old 03-27-2010, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Dude; where are you, out cruising it by now I suspect. update please.

Ray
Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've had to travel for work the last couple of weeks, so I've been on a bit of a break. I will take some pictures tomorrow. Wiring is all finished. Windshield wiper unit installed. Heater installed. Tomorrow we are going to put body on for the last time to make sure everything is fitting well and we have all nice and snug. Once it comes back off, we are going to send to the paint shop for painting inside the front fenders and other areas that can be seen from underneath. Inside fenders will be painted some color as the outside of the car.

We actually have to pull the engine again to get a small plate that was missed on the bell housing. We have to seperate the engine and transmission to put it on and don't have enought room to do it with everything in it.

Question..... I need some ideas for the defroster vents. Can I get some pictures or examples from everyone, and links where to get them.

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Krewton.,

Enzo's Defroster vents at FINISHLINE look and work great!
(Get the CHROME ONES NOT the stamped ones!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 03-27-2010, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default b and b cobra

try one of www.bandbroadster.com cobras the owner of b and b is like 6'6" and weighs well hes a big guy give them a call 417 472 3547 awesome car
Old 04-05-2010, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK....We are finally making some good progress.

http://picasaweb.google.com/levingsk...51848360410514

We now have the body secure and fitting correctly. Thanks DV.

I am putting in a wood dash made from Brazilian Cherry wood. Below is a 1/4 plywood we made as a mock up for the real thing. It fits very well, and will serve as a great template for the read deal.

http://picasaweb.google.com/levingsk...51871202529474

Tomorrow we are meeting with painter. We still have plenty of work before we are ready, but getting closer. Not too early to get things planned out and spot reserved for paint.

Krewton
Old 04-06-2010, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Has anybody ever had to put a larger scoop on the hood to allow for more room from the carburetor and air filter? If you can send me some links to the specific scoop, that would be great. Ideally, I need something that is 3 1/2 -3 3/4 inches tall.

Thanks for the help.

Krewton
Old 04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewton View Post
Has anybody ever had to put a larger scoop on the hood to allow for more room from the carburetor and air filter? If you can send me some links to the specific scoop, that would be great. Ideally, I need something that is 3 1/2 -3 3/4 inches tall.

Thanks for the help.

Krewton
DV had to cut mine out and glass it back in to allow me to keep my hi-rise manifold. He did it for someones else's hood also.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys,
Can I get some help on the stripes? What is the correct size and spacing of the stripes?
Krewton
Old 04-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Krewton, Check out this thread. See post #6.

Twin Front to Rear stripes on Cobra
Old 04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Krewton: I went thru same thing, deciding on strip size. I think I finally ignored some of the others and went with what looked good to me. I think I narrowed mine up from some of the others. I did start with the ERA diagram and then modified it from there. To me the controlling factor was the bottom of the scoop radiator opening. I wanted the strips to stay within that demension. I think there are some pictures. I used DV's layout technique. I have 1.5 inch center, then quarter, then another quarter, then wider side . I wanted the larger strip to lay off of hood scoop down onto the flat of the hood but only just far enough to be on the flat. Then moving forward the strip got narrower and to the dash got wider. I used the measurements dv gave along with the nose bottom and just cheated it all to fit at the bottom of the nose and then at the edge of hood scoop. I know many of the cars have a very wide strips. My preference was more narrow. I also think some of it depends on the color of body and color of strip. Can't wait to see it painted. Keep up the good work. Here is a picture that will pretty much show what I did.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/...771f50b1_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/...430a6eeb_b.jpg

Ray

Last edited by Hray; 04-15-2010 at 09:43 AM..
Old 04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ClassicRoadster 4.6 supercharged
Not Ranked     
Default stripes

send me your fax # and i will fax them to you wreckerboy@roadrunner.com they tapper just a little Jeff
Old 04-24-2010, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We are having a tough time with our clutch. We are running a T-45 transmission which is made for a cable clutch. We have been trying to us a powered system with a master and slave, but can't get enough throw to fulling disengage. We need about 2-2 1/4" of pull. Can someone share what you have done? If you are using a cable, how did you set it up on your pedals to get enough pull.

Thanks for the help.

Krewton
Old 04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Krewton,
There has been many threads on this. Some of the throwout bearings are designed to have 7-10 lbs of pressure on the pressure plate at clutch rest. As I have said before, I am from old school and I dont like it but that is what Ford and others say.

To get the cable to adjust far enough to fully engage the clutch and have enough adjustment you need to lenghten the cable sheath. DV told us the easiest way was to lenghten the tube on the front end of the cable sheath (where it attaches to the firewall). It needs to be about 6" long. That will not change the throw. I am still trying to design some sort of pivoting part to be able to do that.

What I have described anout modifing the sheath length will at least let you drive.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Terry,
What/where are you trying to put/get a pivoting point? You've lost me.
DV
Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV,

I hope the picture posts. If not look in my photo gallery and there is a picture of a clutch cable pivot bracked that I just drew up. If you cant read it I can send it to youe e-mail with an explanation of what I am trying to figure out.

That did not work. See the post below. Well that brought in the picture but you cant see it very well. I sent you an e-mail.

Basically I am trying to change the throw between the clutch pedal and the clutch fork.

I have tried lengthening the cable sheath like we talked about before but all that did was change the position of where the cable adjustment threaded rod sets in the clutch fork

Last edited by tcrist; 04-24-2010 at 12:43 PM..
Old 04-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This one works a little better.

Last edited by tcrist; 04-24-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK...Its been a while since the update, but we have a driver. The 4.6L DOHC fired up perfect and sounds wonderful. Emmerson made me a new hood skin with a larger sweet scoop. It is now on my existing hood and works wonderful. No more clearance issues. Wood dash is almost complete. Hopefully 2 weeks away from final paint. I have a couple items that we still need to work on. If you'll could provide some help, I would really appreciate.

1) I have the bumpers, but haven't installed. On the front, how do you deal with the clearance issue of getting a long bolt in on the top? Also, what is the size of pipe that needs to be cut for mount. Any tips or tricks for this to have simple clean install would be appreciated.

2) My kit came with the premium dash that has the curved ears on the ends. Since I'm going with a wood dash, I have to re-glass the area that the ear covered. I'm trying to make it the same surface as the door when the door is closed. Has anyone done this or have some pictures that can share?

I appreciate the help.

Krewton