Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default I have a plan...

For those that want to know how,
For those that want to do it "Themselves", I am in the process of making a larger hood scoop that anyone with the basic fiberglass/body work skills will be able to install! This will fit the Hi-Rise performer intakes with a Holley or Carter Carb, Even an EFI system!

Fellas they aint cheap, I've got over $180.00 IN THE PROCESS, cost is going to be $200.00 per scoop and I will include shipping!

This is making of the scoop! Next is the scoop ready for waxing and PVA release material.
Last ones are the "mould glassed to make the mould/ Buck!

I'll be showing pictures of the Buck when I get it all apart.
Now you wont have ship me your car or your hood to make that super fuel system to work!

Last edited by Double Venom; 05-30-2010 at 09:16 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Mega Scoop

DV,
You should call it Scoopzilla and sell it far and wide. I had never seen the steps in the process- very interesting.

Mike
Old 05-31-2010, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually,
It is basically the same size as Cpteddie's, well...about the same size that it takes to completely cover the Hi-rize manifold (Aluminum) with a Carter/Holley and the LONG type COBRA air cleaner..

I ran out of "cloth/mat" yesterday so I had to sand it all down, just roughing it up and then added three more coats of thick mat so the mold can be repeatedly used. When I get ready to pop the mold off the original hood (shown in red) I'll take some more pictures and see what we end up with!

All the excess glass gets cut off and edges smoothed down. Let the entire mould sit for a day or two then I will check that it hasn't tweaked anywhere and if not then it is ready to make the first scoop for use!

Anybody want/need a larger scoop? Send me your hood, the $200.00 please and I will install the first one with no charge for labor or return shipping. I'll take a full set of pictures so the next guy will be able to do it himself. Good? Bad? Indifferent!?

By the way it is just over 1/4" higher than the "Cobra" Air cleaner is and is about 1 1/2"s wider on both sides for engine movement. When I pop the mould I'll get the full measurements. This should fit the Hi-Preformace ) Plastic "Hartman" Intake box as well as the Cobra R Manifold!

Last edited by Double Venom; 05-31-2010 at 07:42 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I'm watching. I have an older EM with a 427 FE topped with Dove inline dual four tunnelwedge intake. I'm running two trimmed down S&H aircleaners. Also my wife wants me to leave the original hood alone, so maybe I"ll need another hood. I really like the lines of this scoop. Looks like it belongs there.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 05-31-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just put this whole "picture" story here:
Scoop-whole pic. story
DV