Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

My car can wait. You should get caught up with what you owe other people. I'm still on the fence about pulling the motor and trans and selling the car as a roller. Let someone else get a great deal at my expense and move on to other things.

-ed
Old 09-13-2010, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Cpteddie,
Your call fella, but...I "should" be totally caught up by Oct. 1. (?)

Mountaineer is running----Yee Ha!

Randy canceled the delivery on his boat, thinks he wants to come up here this coming Spring with his new wife.

Wedding...almost here!

I never dreamed my 32 (?) yr. old Son would wait this long to get married!? Yee-Ha!

Jim, I think I have given up on retirement! Plenty of time to stop and slow down later anyway
Old 09-18-2010, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

Ed, As long as you are having a good time!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sat, 18th, -10,
First vacation in over 15 years.
5:30 AM - Pentwater, Mi. 48 degrees!
Charleston S.C. 5:30 AM 83 degrees!

Not a very long vacation, but a very nice one. Wedding TODAY, and he still hasn't run away! From this point on until 6 PM (Wedding time..) watching that man like a Hawk!

Heading back Tuesday, will get the trailer finished in a day, load the boat and get the shop opened back up!

Wedding is on the beach- Neat, Surf is pounding, sky's are clear and blue. surfers aren't having much luck on these small "rollers".
Old 09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Update

Ok, Ed, how 'bout those roll bars. It's now been exactly 90 days since I since the payment for the parts. Any update?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick,
Got back in the shop Sat. Had a message from the infamous Terry Gattrill. I assume it has something to do with your roll bars. I called him Sat. evening and still waiting for his return call.

Wade, Cobra77, Chris, J. Walt, J.C.Morant are all waiting for their roll bars also!
Normally long "before" this point would have been reached I would simply have returned everyones deposit due to the unusual time delay. Since I had to purchase repair parts and of course the steel and since the profit margin that I have is so small there is not the funds available to return it all.

So once again I WILL get all the orders out asap. I see or expect no more hold ups. Bending has started-I will notify each person when his bar (s) are done and on the way, either here or through PMs.

Patrick, not being rude, but this is all the information available at this time, you and everyone else that has ordered are all in the same boat. I am trying to catch up asap. Not doing me any good with the steel and bender sitting dormant!, let alone ALL the guys that have been waiting a good period of time!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You can put mine to the back of the line. I don't need it right away if others are waiting for theirs. Wade
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wade,
Thanks for the offer! But things are finally moving forward, Bender is bending, grinder is grinding, welder is welding! And, the pile of pipe is getting smaller.

Where's Cattrill!? 11PM-still no call???????

Appreciate the offer!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Roll bars

Ed,

Terry's last name is spelled Gatrell. He is no more infamous than I am and we've be waiting more than 90 days for these roll bars when you promised them in three weeks so please don't take our frustrations out on Terry. It's been over a week since the last check in for the bars. He cannot finish my car without the bars you're making obviously so I'm sure he's just trying to work things out. I happen to agree with him in fact that it would be ideal to have all the parts bolted in place and holes cut before spraying the body. My guess is that the roll bars are the last thing you do to a car when you've built them in the past.

Look, I don't even like using this forum to exchange dialogue and air this discussion for everyone to see either, don't think our business is anyone's else's business, but you won't answer my direct emails.

Maybe at this point, you would consider calling me at your earliest convienence to discuss, my number is 540-798-6292.

Please, as one veteran to another, just finish my bars. I paid up front for them a long time ago and I feel like I deserve to have them finished and shipped sooner than later, that's all.

Patrick
Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 2343-SOLD
Not Ranked     

I have never posted before, so bear with me, lol Does anybody know anything negative about the Billet Specialties Serpentine Tru Track system and are there any advantages. Thanks
Old 10-09-2010, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Question ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Seagraves View Post
I have never posted before, so bear with me, lol Does anybody know anything negative about the Billet Specialties Serpentine Tru Track system and are there any advantages. Thanks
And yet you have 23 posts to your name...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick,

I know no matter how I put this it is not coming out right so I DO apologize now and up front;

IF I have "laundry" to keep clean I don't post it up front, but in this case, (Roll bars that I am making) it is all up front.

#1, IF you had ordered them from CR's they would have been at least 90 to 120 days out! Course that statement is illrelavent. (I assure you, from now on I will tell the forum "90" days! Then when they do get them sooner they will be happy).

#2 I certainly am NOT trying to blame the "Infamous" Gatrell for any of my delays OR anything else! (May I suggest you do your own serious back ground check on Gatrell? You will find the information, the moneys due to customers, the yearS long delay in delivering parts he doesn't have nor can get, the KITS that he has sold and he can not get, the Illegal if not simply Fraudulent advertising he has and is doing-even now as I type this certainly defines "Infamous" in my book. There have been a few people that have come to this board only to find out the truth. If you OR Terry OR his Attorney want names, dates, times, money's due, parts due, complete kits due, I will be glad to supply all the above information that I just know about!

#3 Refusing to answer your E-MAILS...IF I remember right If I hadn't answered your e-mails within three days tops, you sent yet another one?
As far as I know I have answered ALL your e-mails in a timely manner. I have been answering hundreds if now thousands of e-mails from this forum for over 15(?) years. It is fetish of mine that ALL emails get answered as soon as possible AND the order in which I receive them. If an e-mail comes to me asking a question that needs some research or locating something it may push all the following e-mails back a day or two.

I had to call Gatrell TWICE before he finally returned my calls!

#4, Yes, doing body work first cutting ALL holes, hanging the doors, fitting the dash, cutting out the bumpers, hood, trunk, MOUNTING THE BODY AND THEN AND ONLY THEN, the roll bars holes are matched to the body and the frame. That part is not or should not be done until the last thing! When I talked to Gatrell he hadn't done the first thing on the body! He could have the Roll Bars Today and per him he wont have the body ready to mount them (my guess)-at least 90 days from delivery!

I told Gatrell when I talked to him 7 to 10 days and they still should be on the time frame, plus delivery.

PEASE: Go to Club Cobras Main page:- please read this entire post-
Cobra Completion Fundraiser for 767Jockey
This is about a guy that has some serious issues, after getting at least a dozen E-mails asking If I wouldn't be willing to help him out, (All it would have taken is one.) I agreed to finish his car completely for free. Dozens of others from our Cobra Family are helping out from supplying missing parts, a huge open ended cash fund for misc., and transporting his car from New Jersey to Pentwater Mi., without charge.

You will see in this post that I am totally clearing out previous jobs in my shop for two Cobras; one of which is Cpt. Eddies if he decides to keep his car and bring it back for the final finishing and of course "Dougs" Cobra so he can finally drive it.

Veteran to Veteran, Cobra Family member to Cobra family member, Supplier to Customer, I will finish Both of your Roll Bars way before Mr. Gatrell is truly ready to use them!

I was even go to the point of getting them powder coated or Chromed for you, but now I think is more important that you get them in your hands.

Sincerely, DV
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default I sent you an email to doublevenom@ferguson-motorsports.com

I sent a reply to doublevenom@ferguson-motorsports.com
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick,
Your latest e-mail was answered a few hours ago.
DV
Old 10-25-2010, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bars are almost finished, but this is a side by side comparison of the CR II's, and My DOM Bars.

The original bar is actually shorter than the windshield!
Why it was ever done that way is beyond me!

(I think it just came to me-why the CR's bars are shorter.... Thinking back to the start with Rutherford at the original CR's, cost was everything Just above quality, looks, and options. To raise the bar the few inches that it needed to get over the windshield, which was not (I may be wrong on this) at the time required to be over the windshield.(?) But making it shorter also made the third leg shorter, saving AT least 12"s of pipe on every bar???)

Last edited by Double Venom; 10-25-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 302
Not Ranked     

My two bars are going to match, right?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To the Degree!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV, Any updates?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Being shipped as we speak! Including yours JC, you will find a little extra in your box for being the guinea pig-twice. DO as you will- use-sell-hang it up!?? Do NOT send any money!
DV

PS...My Ford guy is bringing me the shipping boxes, as soon as he delivers, they will be out of here!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks DV you're the man!!! I'm sure I'll be needing ur services again!! Thanks for the surprise can't wait to see what it is.