Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 02:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Talking My,my MY! She's ready

A few tweeks , rear arms, pinion angle, a couple of turns on the massive dual Feed Holley, a minor clutch adjustment and here "She is"!

There is no "Photo-Shop" involved here. HellsBells, I don't even own a photo touch up program let alone know how to use one!

And all this time you guys thought I was the one setting all those records and beating every Viper thrown against "Us" for four years!

This WAS supposed to be a 3,000 RPM launch test. Seems the Mrs. wasn't ready for a Dual Diaphram, Hydraulic Clutch

Who ever ends up with this Beauty, if she's too fast for ya just change the 3:73.1's to 3:55.1's. If you decide to keep the 3:73.1's I hope you know how to drive or at least sign up for professional driving school!

Last edited by Double Venom; 08-15-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default So let me get this straight......

this beast pops wheelies while attempting to perform a mild start, OH MY GAWD, is this thing street legal ???????

My compliments on one awesome, super cool, build. tin-man
Old 08-15-2011, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Wow!

Ed,
You married the right woman. Cool in the clutch, so to speak!

Mike
Old 08-15-2011, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     

Great Job D.V. Now to come clean on this Cobra. I got rather disturbed by the Capteddie soap opera and the pissing contest over the build, so I contacted D.V. and brokered the purchase of the cobra. I was the person who bought the car and even offered to sell it to 2 club members for what I purchased it for, but they feared it was just a rip off as no one would offer that type of deal. I have since paid to have the Cobra all completed. Installed TKO 600 trans assy, Moto Lita 15" steering wheel, all badges, sunvisers, wing vents, windshield wipers, new battery, billet triple reservoirs, interior repaired, trunk light/license plate mount, etc. Way too much to list and remember. I also had D.V. repair the minor body damage and repaint as needed. All told, I have approx $30,000 in the cobra including the 3 trips to Michigan. We are now taking offers for this perfect cobra. I want to get $34,000 for myself. Anything over that amount will be donated to D.V. and the 767Jockey fund to build his cobra, 50% going to each. The cobra has 61 miles on it and is brand new. Here is a chance for someone to buy a new $80,000 build for 1/2 that cost. If by chance it doesn't sell by the end of the month, I will go up to Michigan again to pick up the cobra and bring it back home to Albuquerque. You can either contact D.V. or myself if interested. My ph #'s are 1-505-850-2742 or home 1-505-899-7010. The other Bob Q.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Smoking the tires like that and still pulling the front wheels? Remarkable!!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Musta been a rush to run from one side of the car to the other, while in front of it, in order to get the "wheelie" from two angles. You are very fast on your feet, DV...
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You think I would run in front of that girl under Those circumstances??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"ITBITES" It was more like, "I bet you a hundred dollars you can't do THAT again!?

This time I made sure I was on the side away from where she was heading!

DV!

Last edited by Double Venom; 08-15-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

I think this is the real thing!
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill!
And I'm shocked that you don't think Mrs. DV didn't do this!
DV
Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bess View Post
I think this is the real thing!
Bill, not sure if you can answer this or not, but can you tell me what "damage" if any is done to the engine components when the car does a pop-up wheelie as you show in the picture? I gotta think there are some consequences associated with such a move. Snapping lines, popping rivets, something gives. Reason why I ask is when I first drove my car the 78 miles it was a very rough ride. I discovered afterward the tire pressure was way over the limit and thus the hard ride, I am thinking the hard ride may have contributed to the rotor screw coming loose and thus the rotor subsequently fell off causing the car not to start. Just curious. John, AKA, tin-man
Old 08-17-2011, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Man,
You guys let this go quick!

Hint #1: Look behind the left front wheel ???
hint #2: Catch out the first two minutes of the chase scene in "Bullit." Helps to have the DVD, see the details of the blown turn by McQueen. He backs up, throws it in first and wheel hops his way back into the chase with "Tires smokin'!" (Also his last piece of driving- after the failed turn, he turned the car over to a Pro driver!

DV
Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Is this DV trying to come clean? Hoax or not? And what does Steve McQueen have to do with any of this? Wow more questions than answers.

I think I'll start backing into my garage, it makes for a much more dramatic exit into the street. LOL!

John
Old 08-17-2011, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

MaSnaka,
Geezh, I wouldn't call it a hoax! You've got to back and watch the start of the "chase scene'". All done with smoke bombs!
DV
Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster,408cu
Not Ranked     

Your awesome DV keep that up and we will need a pilots license as well. wd
Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Man,
You guys let this go quick!

Hint #1: Look behind the left front wheel ???
hint #2: Catch out the first two minutes of the chase scene in "Bullit." Helps to have the DVD, see the details of the blown turn by McQueen. He backs up, throws it in first and wheel hops his way back into the chase with "Tires smokin'!" (Also his last piece of driving- after the failed turn, he turned the car over to a Pro driver!

DV
DV you are being too kind, when you post a picture of your car doing a pop-up wheelie from a start then you gotta expect a lot of questions, I mean c'mon that's an awesome presentation in anyones language. I showed it to my collegues here in China and their jaws dropped and collectively they start asking can cars do that? To which I replied, yep, Cobra's do. tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 08-17-2011 at 10:59 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This Cobra IS amazingly fast... I couldn't help myself!
DV
Old 08-18-2011, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's the only other car in the world that can do a wheelstand while spinning the rear tires!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Old 08-18-2011, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV, Very deceptive of you. Now that I recall Bullit was pretty well enhanced with the smoke and sound track among other things. I'll have to admit I was fooled by your photo but there was a part of me that couldn't believe it was possible. Nice job! But I think I'll have to give Buzz's picture a 10 and yours a mere 9.

John
Old 08-18-2011, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed
Way too cool, the car looks great, congrat's

Chuck
Old 08-18-2011, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Its all in good fun. Ed and I both felt like creating caricatures of a Cobra busting out in an awesome (if slightly exaggerated ) launch. We just used different tricks to get the look we wanted. DV wasn't kidding when he said his photos were in no way retouched or Photoshopped. Very well executed, I have to say.