Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Not to be redundit but...

I have no intention of doing a 'repeat' but want everyone to know that 'our' search is over. Not a Classic Roadsters, but hopefully one as good as?

I don't know how many of you remember 'SCAREY59' but he is a true die hard Cobra guy that got taken to the cleaners by none other than T. GATTRILL in his quest of Cobra ownership.

After spending a good part of late summer with Steve hunting for the right Cobra he finally was able to venture forth once again 'on the Cobra hunt of a life time'!

Venture forth he certainly has. His enthusiasm brought me out of retirement for the umpteenth time agreeing to build one more (?) ultimate Cobra! (Like that took a lot of prying.)

As far as I know Steve hasn't got a name for his new girlfriend yet so I'll just call her:

"Lonestar". Yup, it's a Lone-star 427, all the amenity's plus. With a world class TKO, Currie 4 link 9", coil overs and over sized brakes on all four corners, and...wait for it....Fords fairly new 351 stroker 427!

As of yesterday Steve's dream finally started to become reality. His 351/427 has been delivered. Lonestar all the way from Texas delivered his Cobra and a huge list of stuff has been ordered from Finishline, Jeg's, Summit, and on and on.

Completion time will hopefully be mid-spring '14.

DV

PS. 2014 Is certainly starting out on the right foot!

By the way, I will post a few pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Double Venom; 12-21-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Old 12-22-2013, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

Would love to see to build pics...
Old 12-22-2013, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Keep us updated with pics and stats as the build progresses. I live near Steve and cannot wait to see his car when it is finished.

Jim
Old 12-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
DV,

That is great that you have finally found the Cobra for him. I have followed your search all along and now that it is in the ending stages pictures would be great. Good luck with everything and congratulations to both of you. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-22-2013, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Guys and RON!
Good to hear from you Ron, hope your doing well.
Jim, he never said a word about you! That I remember anyway. I don't know if you ever put your 427 on the track but it sure would be interesting to see how his Stroker pairs to the big brother of the family? My guess...he might even win in a 1/4 since it will rev so fast. Don't let him even try until he learns what he's got and knows how to control it! Personally - "he knows not what he has bitten off------yet!"

Wisconsin..any body paying attention, this is going to most likely be a long build. I have a very sick daughter that needs attending to out of state. But, Lord willing I hope to have the Cobra done, even with caring for and traveling to..by mid to late Spring.

DV
Old 12-22-2013, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic, 351W
Not Ranked     

Well it certainly has been a long haul...from the time I became infatuated with the Cobra when I was 12 years old to sitting at the kitchen table carving pine wood derby cars with my three sons 5 years ago. At that time I was showing my sons what they could make out of a block of wood and my wife....yes my wife suggested building a real Cobra could be a great experience and great father son quality time. I held my breath and am just starting exhale now. As you know i was swindled for a large some of money by GLR. Now at 54 and with the help of DV I am feeling like a kid at Christmas Time. DV has gone above and beyond what i could have ever anticpated. I guess partly because he knows my story, partly because he Loves Cobras, and most importantly because he and Diane are simply wonderfull people.
I'm looking forward for DV to share the build process with whom ever is interested.
Jim, now we're going to be able to cruz all summer together from Bristol to Webster and Beyond...
DV makes a good point about the power i will have at my command. Fortunately I have a friend that is an instructor at a local track, (Watkins Glen). I'll be heading down to the track to get better acquainted with my new friend some time this summer....
Please feel free to follow along as the Dream continues....scarey59
Old 12-22-2013, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic, 351W
Not Ranked     

Hey Ron, didnt mean to leave you out, thanks for following along and the well wishes for this Holiday Season! It's turning into a great one for me and I wish you and our Cobra Family the same!
Scarey 59
Old 12-24-2013, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ed/All

Yes I also would like to see photos as things progress. I'm seeing photos of Michigan and am very glad i'm not there. I will be back in Michigan when there is no chance of snow.

My old cobra is hibernating for the winter but will wake it up in the spring and go see the youngin Cobra as she is being born. Maybe I will be there when she takes her first breath.

I wish you all a merry christmas and another super cobra year.

Rick Neilsen
1991 Original Classic Roadster Cobra 302 5 spd
Old 12-25-2013, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Steve,

Looking forward to cruising with you as well. Many miles ahead. Also looking forward to some track time, let me know when you are planning on going down to Watkins Glen. I wouldn't mind a little supervision and guidance as well.

DV, it would be interesting to see how the two engines compare, and I will be sure that we do so safely and with the utmost respect for what we drive.

Take care and Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good ride!

Jim