Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: canadian classic roadsters
Not Ranked     

haven't pulled a body yet and the moulds are pretty elaborate so copying them in the maount of time I have wont happen

sorry guys
Old 12-08-2015, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_n_60_shelby View Post
well not to be the bearer of bad news but classic roadsters II is officialy done.
the bank is coming for the moulds that were not the property of bob wrighston.
im out a bunch of money and CLASSIC ROADSTERS II IS OFFIICIALLY DEAD.

THANK YOU FOR THE OFFERS TO HELP BUILD A CHASSIS BUT IT WONT BE NEEDED.
FUDGE!!!!!
I was really hoping that CR would take off again so that I could get parts like newer style engine mounts and a Roll Bar...

I say we form a posse and get Bob Wrighston! If anybody ever needed to be tarred and feathered, it's that guy.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

"Snake",
Tell us how you really feel! Actually you took the words right out my mouth!

PS. I just posted a link with the polyurethane motor & tranny mounts. CR NEVER CHANGED FRAME MONTS. The listed old FORD OR THE NEW AFTER MARKET Engine months work with EVERY Generation Frame.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Where is the engine mount post?
Old 12-09-2015, 02:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

not to be a "S-A..." in one of the current active threads, for got which one....sorry.

I'll try to find my correct notes and make a new Thread about old to new months.

REMEMBER YOGI, "IT AINT OVER TILL IT'S OVER!"
Dandy Don, "IT AINT OVER TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS!"
???????????
Old 12-14-2015, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well boys and girls after negotiations and a lot of help from bill scott the moulds are staying put. bob wrightston is out of the picture and papers are being drawn up.
classic roadsters will live but under a new name and an entire new company.

the new and improved R427 will hit the streets in 2016.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

all Good news... Congratulations
Old 12-15-2015, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_n_60_shelby View Post
well boys and girls after negotiations and a lot of help from bill scott the moulds are staying put. bob wrightston is out of the picture and papers are being drawn up.
classic roadsters will live but under a new name and an entire new company.

the new and improved R427 will hit the streets in 2016.
Congratulations and best wishes on the new enterprise!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

Really good news for those of us who have CRII's. We are no longer totally orphans.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427
Not Ranked     

Well lets get these frame jigs on the go now then ..gonna start taking measurements off mine and start drawing it up in Solidworks and doing stress testing and twisting factors. Any advice or pics of bear frames etc is gonna help...
Old 12-17-2015, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

UPDATE: As of now BILL SCOTT has recovered SOME JIGS. However he has no idea what the JIGS are for (They could be for any number of cars that "CR's made). At this time everything is being shipped to Ryan in CANADA. I would suggest putting any "frame" work on hold until Ryan determines what he has.

DV (Fingers crossed!)
Old 12-17-2015, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

lets all keep fingers crossed and by summer 2016 CRII will be back in production.
new company name is pending....prob something like Canadian roadsters

some wont like the first one off the line.....have to keep the wife happy so the chassis will be stretched and a rear seat added ( I had a brand new lil baby girl in sept....she is the vice pres of the company her name is LOLA by the way. and she needs her own seat.)

lets home the jigs are for the cobra. if not ill be looking for a unfinished kit to use as a template
Old 12-20-2015, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default Classics are bigger and better then real ones

I checked here in the Okla City area and there is a place that can scan the frame and make blueprints. Expensive of course, a few thousand I was told. Its hard to believe that somebody would destroy jigs to a great cars frame so lets hope you got em. I do have everything that comes in the kit plus shipping parts lists. I am planing to take off work and build this car in 2016 so if I can help no prob. Were all bodies made in Canada? When I picked up phase 1 in Fargo in Feb 1993 there were frames and bodies stacked up in the snow at there shipping location. Should of got a picture. Email address is "Wildwyatt1999@gmail.com". I check it on weekends. My granny lived west of Fargo and told me in 1991 "That Classic Roadsters is a shady outfit". She was a pretty smart cookie. Wyatt
Old 12-20-2015, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Your Grandmother is a smart lady! The way they scammed people is why most of the upper echelon served years in Jail! Definitely not because of the car but because the lack of morals of the people running the company.

WHAT I KNOW: FIRST, CR's made "in" house body"'s. (Seperate building, but "in-house".

SECOND: Made by an outside source, but
still local.

THIRD: Best bodies ever made for CR was a very professional lay up/fiberglass company in CANADA.

SOMETIME during Don Scott's forced Bankruptcy this company BURNED TO THE GROUND !

FOURTH: Etc, etc., AND ETC. MR. "Ryan" has stepped in to get the company back on its feet WITH proper Morals and still has the desire to make CR's still one of the best Replicas in the world!

DV
Old 12-21-2015, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Your Grandmother is a smart lady! The way they scammed people is why most of the upper echelon served years in Jail! Definitely not because of the car but because the lack of morals of the people running the company.

WHAT I KNOW: FIRST, CR's made "in" house body"'s. (Seperate building, but "in-house".

SECOND: Made by an outside source, but
still local.

THIRD: Best bodies ever made for CR was a very professional lay up/fiberglass company in CANADA.

SOMETIME during Don Scott's forced Bankruptcy this company BURNED TO THE GROUND !

FOURTH: Etc, etc., AND ETC. MR. "Ryan" has stepped in to get the company back on its feet WITH proper Morals and still has the desire to make CR's still one of the best Replicas in the world!

DV
PM sent.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

.....-55,
I'm having a dickens of a time with my PM's. But, I did get it opened.......POST THAT ENTIRE LINK / STORY HERE BY ALL MEANS.

ANY FURTHER INFO, UPDATED INFO POST IT HERE.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW NOW.

Then "They", "ME" need the whole story!

"IT" can't happen again could it! !!! ?

DV
Old 12-23-2015, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

I have a CR1 that is 70% done. I purchased it this last spring & it is in storage in Chicago. It was purchased at the Chicago Auto Show in 1990. It is not painted and the interior is not installed. The body was mounted and the chassis is complete. The person that assembeled the frame did something wrong with the motor mounts and the motor has to come out to replace them as well as I have a T5Z with scatter shield to replace the existing trans. Also have to replace the rad with a Alum unit.

If you need a car for a model, we can work something out. I did not plan to attack it until later in 2016. You can see a couple of photos on the CR Group site. Let me know.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     
Default Seriously & Important

I have a CR1 that is 70% done. I purchased it this last spring & it is in storage in Chicago. It was purchased at the Chicago Auto Show in 1990. It is not painted and the interior is not installed. The body was mounted and the chassis is complete. The person that assembeled the frame did something wrong with the motor mounts and the motor has to come out to replace them as well as I have a T5Z with scatter shield to replace the existing trans. Also have to replace the rad with a Alum unit.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Ed,

I have an original CR Cobra I built 25 years ago, currently in my garage in Cleveland, OH. I winter in FL and travel back and forth. I just bought the car back from a family member I built it for back in 1991 and will be taking the body off to completely refresh the car, update suspension and do some general repairs before I refinish and reassemble the vehicle. I plan on beginning the project during summer 2016. If you have any interest in dimensionally measuring the frame, I also have access to a laser measuring system at a very good friend's collision repair shop, as this would provide x,y, and z dimensions for any point you wish to measure. The vehicle has never been wrecked and is in excellent condition. Reply to me if you have any interest. I am a sales manager for a major automotive collision repair product manufacturer and travel the Eastern US extensively. I am in the Grand Rapids area on a regular basis.
Bernica likes this.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:39 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

A very gracious offer for someone for sure!