Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: canadian classic roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default classic roadsters II

hello all im going to set the record straight.

CLASSIC ROADSTERS will infact build kits again and parts, as over the past couple of years I have helped out a few classic roadsters owners with parts to complete projects.

I did jump the gun on taking a deposit from the fellow in BC on a kit, that was a premature mistake and one that I will not make in the future,

the biggest problem is everyone believes what they read on the internet and they don't go to the source, the monster truck stuff that most of you have seen is nothing but made up. I spent the last 2 years running the monster truck that I sold in that post for the current owner who is the only person to actually pay for the monster truck.

I gave the fellow in BC a uncompleted kit that was more that we agreed upon originally and he still has a package of parts at my shop that he has not came for. I am no longer dealing with him after he repeatedly felt the need to call my place of employment after we had a deal made to provide him with a kit. that I may add he personally picked up and inspected at my shop.

the only other person currently left hanging is the fellow who supplied me with an almost complete kit to use for my development, sadly the chassis to that kit was destroyed in the production of jigs and the development of the suspension systems. he will receive a car this spring although late but as agreed upon in my original agreement. my communication was not the best at times due to haven taken a very busy schedule to fund the completion of my government requirements both on a provincial level and federally.

I did purchase another incomplete recently to aid in the development of the kits. I really don't care what the people of this forum want to say or thing about me or my products, I will however bring the classic roadsters cobra back to the market on a limited basis. classic roadsters bodies are among the nicest on the market and actually take very little to prep for body work and paint.

to all the hecklers out there I will prove you wrong. almost none of you have met me and you base your opinions on one mistake that was made right and a bunch of internet bull****.

classic roadsters will be back and it will be better than ever with some very nice products and the support to back them up.

one way I will achieve this is no products will be sold on a deposit basis, and no one will be left in the dark about production times on the cobra, Daytona coupe and golf carts that we will produce.

I wont be posting any replies to this post.
I will how ever start posting positive posts on progress that classis roadsters makes in the future.

and to answer some of your questions about the molds. I did offer them for sale and had one individual interested but they are currently not for sale and I will destroy them before I ever sell them. I have spent more money then I wish to divulge to buy them and to develop a chassis that I can be proud of.

Ryan Martens
classic roadsters
Canada
Old 01-20-2019, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

You destroyed someone's car? I don't know what else to say. I wouldn't let you near a water bottle.

The internet is a good place. Good news gets there as well as bad news. Here, we have only bad news. Noone has any positive feedback. I assert that counts.

One mistake? Well, do document three more here.

Forgive me if I remain skepitcal. Snakes are always, just a snake.

Advice to anyone thinking of doing business with this person. Read carefully the history. Don't give him any money without proof of progress. Your deposit goes to starting the work (he has no cash flow), and the chances of you seeing even incremental progress that might justify a second down payment are almost nil.

Good luck Ryan.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 01-20-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 12:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Post Cr ii

Hi,
I did purchase the yellow cobra kit. there were missing parts that I am still waiting for and paperwork to be able to register it. So after spending so much money I will wait for the rest, hopefully sooner than later.
Perry.
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Ditto, to what Tony said. Plus who are trying to convince yourself or us? I'm sorry but you have used up your lame excuses on this club's web site. We Just don't believe anymore. Go peddle your wares somewhere else. Good luck Mr. Martens
Old 01-25-2019, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W blueprinted
Not Ranked     

Agree with Tony. Do not do business with this guy
Old 01-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

It would be nice if somehow he could actually get things rolling but I would be
very cautious because - of this statement:

"and to answer some of your questions about the molds. I did offer them for sale and had one individual interested but they are currently not for sale and I will destroy them before I ever sell them. I have spent more money then I wish to divulge to buy them and to develop a chassis that I can be proud of."

One would think if he decided to throw in the towel, then recover some money
rather than just destroy something (the molds) - that just doesn't make sense.

Time will tell...
Old 01-26-2019, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And another thing. If you do buy something be sure to use your credit card. Demand delivery or progress within the credit card dispute window before sending another penny, cancel the transaction with the credit card company and get your money back. It will come back from him too, and if he doesn't have it, the history will soon build up against him.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I dunno about you guys but the apology sounds heart felt and genuine to me ….he was just busy that's all ... I'm sure everything is just peachy now-this definitely sounds like a man we can TRUST!... how soon can I send you my $?...I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Regards,
Bernie Madoff
Blue66, Alfa02 and Starwolf like this.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: canadian classic roadsters
Not Ranked     

to answer a few questions. I will be up and running and the remaining parts will be sent out to bc with the appropriate paperwork so that car can get registered, I how ever did not destroy any ones car. a frame was wrecked in the development process. you guys can go on thinking what you will but ill carry on with my plan to sell good quality kits to customers. there will however be no deposits taken on kits and at no time will customers money be used to produce parts or cars. the molds will not leave my possession at any time and you might ask why I wouldn't sell them if my plan doesn't work. well simply because ive invested a rather large amount of my own money in this business and have fought 2 levels of government in Canada and a law firm in the usa just to keeo the molds and be able to produce the cars and parts.

there will be no pay pal or credit card purchases everything is payment at pick up time.

the internet warriors will be proven wrong in this case.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_n_60_shelby View Post
to answer a few questions. I will be up and running and the remaining parts will be sent out to bc with the appropriate paperwork so that car can get registered, I how ever did not destroy any ones car. a frame was wrecked in the development process. you guys can go on thinking what you will but ill carry on with my plan to sell good quality kits to customers. there will however be no deposits taken on kits and at no time will customers money be used to produce parts or cars. the molds will not leave my possession at any time and you might ask why I wouldn't sell them if my plan doesn't work. well simply because ive invested a rather large amount of my own money in this business and have fought 2 levels of government in Canada and a law firm in the usa just to keeo the molds and be able to produce the cars and parts.

there will be no pay pal or credit card purchases everything is payment at pick up time.

the internet warriors will be proven wrong in this case.
On this topic I'm sure there are many who would like to be proven wrong.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
On this topic I'm sure there are many who would like to be proven wrong.
I would love to see it succeed. The history so far would tend to say otherwise. The real result will be determined by "who goes first". Everyone here already knows the history, and anyone here that goes first does so with that knowledge.
SnakeDoc and cycleguy55 like this.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

give the guy a break, he's in a deep hole rite now, if he fixes all his past customers up, and gets up and running, all the CR fans will have a supply of bodys and parts, sit back and see what develops
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W blueprinted
Not Ranked     

Possibly what he is saying would be more believable if he posted pictures of his shop, his molds, the parts he has, a semi finished car,etc all of which he is IN THE PICTURES.

Pictures are worth a 1000 BS words and "breaks" could be given
Old 01-31-2019, 07:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

I agree 100% with SnakeDoc, a simple request, let's see what you have? As far as giving him a break, we seem to forget, that chassis & body (yellow), with misc. parts, that was given to HighPlainsDrifter was up for sale on Ebay, way before good'ol Mr Martens decided to do the right thing, after he couldn't sell it on Ebay, or paying HighPlainsDrifter his 11K back. Your Move Ryan?
SnakeDoc likes this.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bruce View Post
give the guy a break, he's in a deep hole rite now, if he fixes all his past customers up, and gets up and running, all the CR fans will have a supply of bodys and parts, sit back and see what develops
Sounds likke a volunteer to "go first"??? He doesn't have the financial resources to make right all the previous wrongs. He will use the next order to fix one of those and that person will go to the end of a long line.

Like I said, prove me wrong.

Don't send cash. Use a credit card and demand progress within the credit card dispute time window (so you can dispute the charge successfully), or use an escrow holder that will release funds against invoices and proven progress.
Ron61 and SnakeDoc like this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 01-31-2019 at 12:14 PM..
Old 02-04-2019, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_n_60_shelby View Post
hello all im going to set the record straight.

CLASSIC ROADSTERS will infact build kits again and parts, as over the past couple of years I have helped out a few classic roadsters owners with parts to complete projects.

and to answer some of your questions about the molds. I did offer them for sale and had one individual interested but they are currently not for sale and I will destroy them before I ever sell them. I have spent more money then I wish to divulge to buy them and to develop a chassis that I can be proud of.

Ryan Martens
classic roadsters
Canada
Once again the words sure don't match the actions- that didn't take long!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ationFlag=true
SnakeDoc likes this.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
Once again the words sure don't match the actions- that didn't take long!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ationFlag=true
I followed the link and the ad says "Posted about 12 hours ago" - that's well after Ryan posted "the molds will not leave my possession at any time".
SnakeDoc likes this.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 02-04-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Old 02-04-2019, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0/Supercharged
Not Ranked     

He should move to the US and run for political office! He has the "lying" skill down pat!
SnakeDoc likes this.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

So much for "I will destroy them before I ever sell them".... I'm no business expert but I'd think they'd probably come in handy if I had just re-launched a Cobra body/chassis manufacturing company but what do I know...probably just a misunderstanding...........again
Old 02-04-2019, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

The doors on the mold do not seem to match up to the CR doors.
SnakeDoc and Alfa02 like this.