Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2002, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Hey BCompy and Jack21,

Those "venting" posts ARE funny, even if they're based on your struggles with inferior life-forms. And (added benifit), while you're venting, we're learning! Keepitup and Good Luck. And remember, if you do happen to send one of the afore-
mentioned bottom-feeders to the Great Beyond (remember shotguns lend impervious anonymity to your deeds), then you've just made the world better for the rest of us!
Old 03-11-2002, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jack 21 All I can say is AMEN. Maybe we ought to make fungo bats standard equipment on Cobras.
I feel there should be a caveat on all Cobra parts transactions:

to wit:
Dear Part guy, I own this type vehicle because it gives me a connection with a part of history. Life was simpler , no computers, no air bags, no dam zeon lights.Because this is the car that kids looked at an originally said "*****EN".
Not so you can retire or see if I really do have a money tree in my back yard. And if you are going to try and F*&k me please have the good manners to kiss me first because I like to get kissed when I get F*&ked. Now give me my freaken parts so I can get back on the road!

Once I get these pipes back I am putting them on and am done for this season. i just hope to enjoy the season.

Jimmy Cobra run five ,Crank em up!
Old 03-23-2002, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

Followup on sidepipe muffler options tried. Both sets from Page Mufflers (pagemufflers.com).

First pair were bullet glasspacks, 2 1/2" core, 4" case, 30" long. Nice rumble sitting in driveway idling. Not bad local cruising. Flow is pretty good. Only complaint is with the top on, side windows on, seemed like the inside of a subwoofer enclosure. After about 1/2 hour on the highway, 70 or so, my ears need a break. Might not be so bad when it warms up, and top can come off.

Second pair were 2 1/4" core, 4" case, 36" long. A little more mellow idle, but as the RPM's go up, the db increase is a little more subdued. Will drive around for a week or so and see what the difference is at highway speeds. This is about as much muffler as is going to fit in a glasspack sidepipe. The muffler starts right at the collecter, and ends right at the turn out.
Old 03-25-2002, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

One day back & forth to work, and the 2 1/4" x 4" x 36" are keepers. Nice mellow rumble at 2500 RPM cruise (75mph in OD).
Old 04-06-2002, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What did Bill Cosby say when he got his Cobra "Wait till those kids in them Chevys see me!!!!!
Pipes went on and fired at 1:00 P.M Eastern Standard time. Just in case anyone heard them somewhere in the midwest, one hour later or earlier I can never get that straight
Drooling seventeen year old kid down the block , ran full steam yelling what the hell did you do ? Then said it was the sickest car he ever heard. I am not sure but I think that was a good thing. My oldest came home and when I fired it fell to the ground laughing. Not at the car but she said she never saw me grin so wide she thought my face was going to break!
Going out now for my Saturday morning run....To be continued.

LIFE IS GOOD!
Old 04-06-2002, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hee, Hee, Heeee!

300 Cobras is NOT enough!
Old 04-07-2002, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 974
Not Ranked     

BCompy....your new pipes sound awesome !! It is a different Cobra sound entirely ! I was also very impressed with how
nicely it idled. I thought it would be much louder...not at all.
It sounds like you are packing a mighty punch there Bud !!
Definitely the winter trophy for best improvement !!!
Let's see that bad boy rip up the lane this summer !!
Old 04-07-2002, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

I am having a set of sidepipes made as we speak....should be done in a couple of weeks. Mine will be the first ones made for a Cobra and as yet don't have any test information to relate. Tues I will be having a DB test done, so we can compare between the old and the new...The new sidepipes have a spiral insert in them and will be able to change anything on the inside as ther is no welding required...The website for these pipes is....WWW.spiralturbobaffles.com This insert was originally made for Corvettes and is now expanding to the Cobra. Anyone can also email me for additional info........
Old 04-07-2002, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Point of information in reference to this Thread title:

The Barnyard Vetenerian Dictionary states: "The term 'Bcak' pressure is very restricted in usage, as it refers to a very explicit scenario: the term derives its name, oddly enough, from BOTH the activity (giving a chicken the Heimlich Maneuver) AND the resulting noise! (It has nothing to do with horses.....)"
Old 04-07-2002, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Fred,

Well, that explains it. I always thought it was the Anglicized version of Hager the Horrible's duck: Qvack.

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-07-2002, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bcak,scmack ,hack, who cares, Car is done, pipes are on I don't know if it's faster but brothers,
I GOT WOOD !
IT now sounds as good as it looks, as soon as traffic lets up a bit the g force will tell me if the change is real or imagined. It seems to be stumbling a bit off idle and I haven't touched the carb yet.
Big thanks to Ed and Don for their guidance , was well worth the effort .
Man am I glad I am done with all improvements on this car, I can finally just enjoy it. Anybody buys that I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BC ... agh! I can hardly wait!

I've got the new mufflers on order, should be here Monday. Will be installing with large (wide) stainless clamps. I told my wife that I would be able to insert some silencers into the pipes if necessary. Her response: why? The car is suppose to be loud.

Ya gotta love her attitude!

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-08-2002, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: in the search, engine 351 Windsor
Send a message via ICQ to Ken Greene
Not Ranked     

Petek she got a sister???
oh yeah i'm already married
Old 04-08-2002, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can't believe it! I debated about changing the mufflers for a year. This is when DV first mentioned the muffler swap. I thought they would be to loud. Well i did it. Two weeks ago I called Lucien and ordered them. 32 bucks each and 32 shipping. Today I welded them on and i was almost afraid to start the car thinking I'd made a big mistake. Holy Mackerel! I don't think they are much louder than the original pipes but that deep rumble is awesome... Best hundred dollars I've spent on the car. I still can't wipe the smile off my face and Harvey stood up all the way home. Thanks guys!
Old 04-08-2002, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flipper,

Don't you know that you're suppose to keep Harvey belted in while you are driving

My youngest daughter called to tell me the mufflers arrived today. I can hardly wait to try 'em out!

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-08-2002, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flipper,

I want you to report back the very first time you stomp that 289 senseless.

I'll bet you, of all the carsout there, you will pick up the most HP. Don't be surprised if you have to tweak the carb a little, and up the timing a degree or two.

We'll be waiting....

DV
Old 04-08-2002, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV

Are you kiddin! I couldn't keep my foot out it on the way home...I thought for a minute that i had a big block in it!
From stop light to stop light that 289 is one bad hombre... Blew past a yugo and a classic AMC pacer with the guys jaw hanging down

Thanks again!

Petek

Just wanted you to know your site helped emencily, eminn, immenc, O hell I like it alot!!!

Terry Moffatt
I noticed on other thread that i should sign off with my real name. I'd put down my real email address on my profile, but i don't know how to get in to it...Dumb huh!
Old 04-08-2002, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flipper,
Now if we can just convince you to join Turk and the "boys" to come on over for the Spring FLing....You wont regret it, I promise!

DV

Old 04-08-2002, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flipper,

Thanks!

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-09-2002, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV

I'd love to go!!! Meet a great group of guys and see all those cobras and all for a good cause.... Only two things holding me back, time and money...
I'm planning on retireing in six years. Hopefully then I can be there! So keep up the good work....and I'll see you at spring fling #8

Terry Moffatt