Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2021, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Old 03-24-2021, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 03-24-2021, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roylerumble likes this.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSnaka View Post
My car came with an aftermarket LCA which was fixed and had the coil spring and shock like you see in the pic from the manual in Chicagowil's post. I purchased the coil over kit (Pro Shock) from CRII before they shut down and deleted the coil spring perch top and bottom. The new coilover supported the entire weight of the rear end of the car on the two bolts the original shocks were mounted with. I was never a fan especially when there was about a 2" spacer/shim holding the coilover out enough for the spring to clear the chassis. I redid the coilover mounts in a double shear design which takes so much weight and stress off of the only thing holding up the back of the car...the two bolts per side. Simple idea that required fabing some brackets for the top mount and installing new brackets to the Currie rear end when I upgraded to the 9". I made the brackets using 1/4" plywood and hot glue, and brought the mock ups to a welder/fabricator and he made them from steel. They are held in place by two 3/4" bolts, I hade to add the second hole. Pictures are available in my gallery. I still have the mock up and could have more made if there is any interest.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...t_800x600_.jpg

John
I took a look at your gallery. Amazing! (Gonna pick your brain on the shifter project too.) That looks like a smart upgrade to do now instead of investing in the stock OEM parts Do the conversion now with much better components. I'd love to get my hands on a set of those brackets and more info on your conversion. I know I can replace the UCA for the rear with any fox adjustables, but what did you do for the lowers? In my reading guys had to buy some and modify the length. Got a manufacturer and part #? Then there's the bracketry that's missing to incorporate the sway bar. What did you do for the rear sway bar? How did you mount the bottom of the shock? Sorry, some of my questions might seem so obvious, but I haven't even crawled under the 91 LX fox I bought to look. It's sitting in a storage yard and the snow's almost gone so in a few weeks I'll be able to drag it out when the mud dries LOL.
MaSnaka likes this.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

MaSnaka, something like this for the lower coil over mount...?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/upr-rear...004/p/2006102/
Old 03-28-2021, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Royal,
Unfortunately the LCA and mounting bracket on the rear housing wear fabricated by a young man who passed away shortly after it was all installed. A tragic Cobra crash took him just weeks after helping me. I don't have any more info on what he sourced. I do know the adjustable upper control arms were made by Hotchkiss. I believe I said Heights in a previous post.

BTW- I had the same thought about the rear sway bar. I never put it back on. I still have the large front sway bar which seems to do the job for both ends. Looking at the solid axle its hard for me to visualize any real benefit and the car stays very stable with almost zero body roll. I have Avon CZ6 tires and no over or understeer issues.

John
Morris likes this.

Last edited by MaSnaka; 03-28-2021 at 04:58 PM..
Old 03-31-2021, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

Who would be interested in a set if I were to make some, have access to a plasma cutter and could possibly mock them up and weld. would be in raw metal
Old 03-31-2021, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycraft View Post
Who would be interested in a set if I were to make some, have access to a plasma cutter and could possibly mock them up and weld. would be in raw metal
I'm interested in the upper mounts that MaSnaka has, I want to see if those lower mounts would work, or if I'd have to modify them to ensure the angle.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

@MaSnaka,

I tried t send you a pm, not sure if it went through. I'd love to get that template or if the shop would build a set, even buy em made. I'm going to try to use a set of the lower mounts that bolt right onto the 8.8, and perhaps even use a set of fox body adjustable lower control arms with the bracket for the sway bar and have them shortened. I'd like the ability to align the wheels. I'm thinking about doing a SN95 94-04 mustang rear brakes and the axles from an explorer and a aerostar in a swap I found on the interweb.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have been off the forum for a few days, sorry. I got your PM and responded. I still have the mock up for the bracket and can send it to you.

John
Old 07-27-2021, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

Do you still have the mockup, I would like to try and build a set too
Old 07-29-2021, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycraft View Post
Do you still have the mockup, I would like to try and build a set too
What's your email? I have a photo. O can't get them to load on this site. I'm getting a local fabricator to look into set up and making multiple sets for a group buy. Doing the same for the front upper control arm "alignment saver" that adds the anti dive