Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By Hapnyny
  • 1 Post By Leecbr
  • 2 Post By xb-60
  • 1 Post By Grubby
  • 1 Post By DanEC
  • 1 Post By novasscnc
  • 1 Post By Alfa02
  • 2 Post By Phoenixjeff
  • 2 Post By mattbrowne
  • 1 Post By Kthulu
  • 2 Post By novasscnc
  • 3 Post By Chicagowil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2022, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Who are you?

Hello!

I wanted to see if the members of this club are willing to post their Cobra and a brief description of their set up. I noticed that the participation on this form is unusually low, I’m wondering if members may have sold their vehicle, or lost interest of the form?

Winter is coming and this is a good time for the existing active members to join and share.

Looking forward to everyone’s response!
Attached Images

Alfa02 likes this.
Old 11-19-2022, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4 427 roadster
Not Ranked     

Hi Hapnyny, I've been away for a while due to restoring a couple cobras. I bought a factory five mk4 289 fia a few years back. I restored it, sold it and then purchased a factory five mk4 427 80% completed. I spent the last year finishing it and accumulated 4k miles dialing in the car. So it's been good returning and reading up on everyone's builds.

You have a beautiful cobra Hapnyny, I like your color combination. It's nice to see a different color scheme/combo. Have a good day

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=18496
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=18465
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=18495

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=20138
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=20134
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=20139
Hapnyny likes this.
Old 11-20-2022, 01:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapnyny View Post
Hello!

I wanted to see if the members of this club are willing to post their Cobra and a brief description of their set up......
Hello Hapnyny,
Mine's an Australian built (mostly by me) 289FIA replica. The body came originally from Mr. Bruce (in Philadephia), further refined by PACE in Queensland, Australia; chassis is a semi monocoque, all aluminium alloy, also from PACE, and most of the further assembly/fabrication/construction is by me here in Adelaide, South Australia.

It's now at my favorite mechanic's workshop waiting for engine and gearbox (302W and Toploader) to be fitted.

Some pics....

At the workshop:

Name:  Cobra_at_workshop.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  93.9 KB

And previously, at my "workshop":

Name:  38_AP_F289_rear_view.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  78.6 KB

Cheers!
Glen
Leecbr and Alfa02 like this.

Last edited by xb-60; 11-20-2022 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: wanted to
Old 11-20-2022, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I have been between Cobras for a while.

ERA 838 is in progress. With luck it will be ready for Spring.

427 Side Oiler stroker; TKX trans and 3.54 Jag 3rd member.

Hapnyny likes this.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

#782 ERA Street Roadster - 459 FE by Keith Craft (back in the good days) with 480 hp and 530 ft lb torque, Toploader.

Hapnyny likes this.
Old 11-20-2022, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Contemporary, made by Peter Bayer 565 hp stroked 427 all aluminum small block. Richmond 5 speed, all Jag independent classic blue with white stripes, it is a monster I love it, also have a 2003 Z06 life is good
Hapnyny likes this.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     
Default Almost a F-1 Driver ;)

Who am I, easy question to answer (Most of you can answer that it, although answer's my differ ) Better Question? What am I. A Sports Car Guy though & though. Been in this hobby since I can remember (5yo) @13yo a famous race car driver, told me "You have the Racer Gene" From that day on, my goal was to fulfill that, of course I saw F-1 seasons in my future, work my way up the rank's. Soon found it took more than talent, MONEY seem the ticket to get there. Poof, that dreams gone, so raced with the best I could afford. Do I regret my life, not in the least. Met the BEST people (points added if they were Dog people too ) Told myself the last sports car would be a Cobra, So Lifes GOOD !! Pacific Roadster, 347 Dart Stoker, 3550 (Blueprinted) 5-speed, Silver with gray ghost stripes. my 3rd Cobra.
Attached Images

Hapnyny likes this.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Blueprint 351, St. 408
Not Ranked     

I wish I had a finished product....I'm smack dab in the middle of doing the body work on a Shell Valley 1965 Cobra Rep. I will be putting a W.351 in it thought, of course the engine is on back order from Blueprint. I guess it gives me ample sanding time. Enjoy the winter. Shell Valley, Dana has been a real joy to work with, as this is my first car project ever. I have a good start on the trunk, but not finished on the bottom!
Attached Images

mattbrowne and Hapnyny like this.

Last edited by Phoenixjeff; 11-21-2022 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Add Pictures
Old 11-21-2022, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixjeff View Post
I wish I had a finished product....I'm smack dab in the middle of doing the body work on a Shell Valley 1965 Cobra Rep. I will be putting a W.351 in it thought, of course the engine is on back order from Blueprint. I guess it gives me ample sanding time. Enjoy the winter. Shell Valley, Dana has been a real joy to work with, as this is my first car project ever. I have a good start on the trunk, but not finished on the bottom!
Owned a Shell Valley for 13 years. Great car. Dana was always great to answer any questions. Now awaiting a Backdraft from VMS.
Alfa02 and Hapnyny like this.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Howdy! This is my brand new Superformance (SPO3631) MKIII. It arrived in August and I'm still waiting on my Roush 427SR motor. It will be mated up to a Tremec TKX 5-speed. It's running 18" Toyo R888Rs all round with 315's in the back and 275's in the front.

I thought the wait for it to arrive was hard - having the car in hand with no engine is -way worse....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V6drm6ecjLEjjEb76
Hapnyny likes this.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice love the color
Hapnyny and Kthulu like this.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0/Supercharged
Not Ranked     

Retired Medical Equipment Technician that has been a "hack" with cars as long as I can remember.

Life has been one twist after another for the last 15 yrs. My 1st ride was in an original BRG 427 street cobra in 1970. Had the bug for one ever since. For my 60th BD, my wife rented an FFR Cobra for a day for me (She sent me to a Bondurant Racing school for my 50th).

That gave me the bug. But the FFR car as well as most others were a bit short in leg room for my 6' 2" frame.

I came across an unfinished 1990 Classic Cobra 427 kit. Towed it home in 2014 and until recently have not really had a chance to finish it.

As found in a garage near O'Hare.

IN my workshop

Hoping by summer to have it on the road. It has a 90 5.0HO w/TFS alum heads (ported), extrude honed lower w/JEGS/CarTech upper, T5Z trans and 5 pin halibrand style wheels to go on. Plan on Viking Blue paint with tan interior.
Alfa02, Hapnyny and Kthulu like this.

Last edited by Chicagowil; 11-25-2022 at 12:54 PM..