Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eschaider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2023, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Master Cylinder Question

So I searched the historical data on the matter and I’m not sure at this point so I need some current updates.

CR with Wilwood 4 piston disc brakes all around. I am looking to also update the master cylinder and I’m thinking Wilwood as well. Do I go with 74 Mustang II, or 76 Corvette MC? I was also thing with going with a master cylinder with independent canisters ousted on the fire wall. I wanted advice from the group before I call Wilwood.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2023, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is what I have.

Wilwood 260-4893 1-1/16" Bore Tandem Master Cylinder
Old 02-02-2023, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks good!

Thanks
Old 02-02-2023, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Remember, without a brake booster (vacuum or otherwise) a 1.125"bore master cylinder is big and may require additional pedal pressure depending on how the rest of the braking system has been spec'd out. This is basically a braking version of properly sizing a clutch slave cylinder and a clutch master cylinder.

Before buying anything I would give a call to Wilwood, tell them which calipers you are using along with the disc diameter and car weight (remind them it is a light Cobra not a Camaro) and solicit their guidance on master cylinder selection/usage. The Wilwood guys have always been very helpful when I've called and asked for their help.
markantioch likes this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

I am using the Wilwood 4 piston 11" discs with a 15/16" master cylinder from CCP which I believe is the corvette master. What I found was there are two settings on the pedal box in the CR. One is for manual brakes and the other for boosted. There is a picture in my gallery of the mod I needed to make for my pedal to get the correct apex ratio. The original builder of my car got it wrong. Wilwood has a graphic to show the correct pedal set up.

Good luck,
John
Old 02-02-2023, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you,

I think I might call willwood on this one. Thank you all for the feed back!
Old 02-03-2023, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0/Supercharged
Not Ranked     

The space to mount dual master cylinders on the foot box is limited and very hard to reach. Plus, it rides pretty high in the fender. You might have trouble trying to fill the small plastic tank the Willwood master uses.