Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2004, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters,351w B/S to 427 w/Hilborn Injection, Viper T56
Not Ranked     
Default Brake pedal angle....

OK, so I installed the pedal assembly with the brake pedal mounted in the Front hole (as mentioned in the Manual) and the brake pedal was past 90deg when not depressed. I moved it to the Rear hole and now it's right at 90deg. I know this has been brought up before, has everyone had to drill new holes for mounting the brake pedal to get the correct angle? Also, Don what's the deal with this new pedal you have and should I just get a new one from you?

Thanks!

Last edited by JimP; 06-15-2004 at 08:37 AM..
Old 06-15-2004, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Jim, The old pedal mounts at the top hole closest to the firewall. If the pedal doesn't sit at the right angle then the rod for the booster must be coming out to far. What is the booster/master setup from? I made the new pedal to increase the ratio and with it you need to drill a new hole.
Don
Old 06-15-2004, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters,351w B/S to 427 w/Hilborn Injection, Viper T56
Not Ranked     

Don,

The Brake Booster is the Napa 3700142 Mustang II Booster. I will have to check the Master PN but it was one that was discussed awhile back with Right hand side connections. Everything fits perfectly just the Booster Rod seems to be short even using the back hole with the old pedal assembly. I would assume not depressed the pedal should be out farther than it is. Right now it perfectly vertical.

Sorry, I reread my post above and I wrote it backwards. I first tried the front hole as mentioned in the manual (farthest from the firewall) and now have it in the rear hole (closest to the firewall) but am completely vertical with the pedal arm.

Last edited by JimP; 06-15-2004 at 08:38 AM..
Old 06-15-2004, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Jim, That is the correct hole. Some of the Napa boosters had an extra bracket on them that put the booster out from the firewall. Make sure you don't have that bracket or it will move the pedal to a vertical position.
Don
Old 06-16-2004, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Update.... I do not have the Napa 3700142 booster! I have the NAPA 5473201 booster. This currently is the only booster listed for the Mustang II on Napa.com. 3700142 is not even a valid part anymore. I purchased this last year and forgot about the problems I had trying to get the 3700142 booster I was told that the 5473201 was the new replacement. It fits perfectly to the master cylinder and the pedal assembly, it just seems like the rod should be about 1/2" longer to move the pedal up a little more. I'm going to leave it for now until I get the car running and then I might drill new holes for the brake pedal after I see how it works. Just thought you might want to know about the availability of the booster required and what problems the replacement may cause.