Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-02-2005, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Barnett

BIG BROTHER is getting TOO BIG around here. Are we a government run by THE PEOPLE or NOT?? Seems to me that there usually aren't enough people who will stand up and fight for changes. [/b]
Jim: We ARE a government for the people, by the people.......run by the people that were elected (by the people). But in the case of Kalifornia, THAT is exactly what is wrong with that state: THE PEOPLE! The majority of the people living there are left-wing, tree hugging, brainwashed, Liberal wackos who vote for people that have successfully taken that state and run it into the ground. THIS is the kind of legislation you get when a bunch of Liberal wack-jobs put their heads together and try and figure out ways to RUN YOUR LIFE.
That state is a LOST CAUSE - Has been for a LONG time. I turned down a promotion and a very large increase in pay because the new position would have landed me in LA. No way in hell would I move out there. Chicago is plenty corrupt and all, but it is by no means Mother Russia like Kalifornia is. The reign of Liberalism has taken over your state and "the people" will NEVER get it back. Kiss you cars AND your FREEDOM goodbye. At this point, the best thing you could do is MOVE. Leave the state to the wackos. Perhaps one day this country will wise up and cut Kalifornia off. Heck, we may as well just give it to Mexico; most of the Mexicans live there anyway.

Turk: Florida is looking better and better every day!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Lone Star Classics LS427, 428 CJ engine stroked to 464, 580hp/590tq at flywheel
Not Ranked     

I don't think any of us can feel safe about regs like are currently in CA from hitting all our states. Dallas has a smoking ban now doesn't it, that sure as heck did not start in Texas! Jim is correct, the only way we can fight this is to combine our forces. The people that need to be yelling the loudest are the manufacturers of hot rods, part suppliers and rod clubs. I would suggest anywhere there are issues that you contact your state based clubs, manufacturers, suppliers etc. and get them to write letters to the state. Right now I agree the majority of the rods are in CA, so it stands to reason so are the majority the manufacturers/suppliers/clubs. That means there is a lot of tax money going to the state that will go away if they drive the rod people away. Motorcycles will be coming next. I am also starting to hear talk of regulating noise levels on model engines. It probably won't do any good for TEXAN to write anything to CA, but anyone else has some ideas I would be willing to do what I could do, cause change is a comin to all of us!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

Turk-i'm not giggling-i'm laughing my ass off.

BTW-"smug" is a non-sequitor.It makes no sense as written.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1969 GT500, original, 428CJ
Send a message via AIM to SnakeHerder
Not Ranked     

Hi Slick. The numbers in the photo look like a December 4 1972 casting date, making it a likely service block. Nice photos - easy to read.

Ron61, you're just up the road from me. I hear you about the credits, but that doesn't mean they will let the Historical Vehicle crowd off. The car had a Thermactor, hot air from a manifold stove (which makes no sense with an open hood scoop, but oh well), and the push-me/pull-you distributor (for NOx) from the factory. I'm guessing they'll reinstate the smog check for these cars and, since the Thermactors are hard to get, at least stop the folks with the less pricey 428CJ cars from staying on the road. They could also start setting arbitrarily low standards for emissions, though that might be hard to make stick.

I sold this car about 1980, and bought it back in 1996. When I bought it back, the seller had to drop something around $2500 to smog it, with a favorable referree. It was lacking the stock air cleaner ($1100), snorkel ($200), stove ($200), and S-tube ($350). Also a stock Holley carb with the Ford tag ($335). And the labor to install them. The seller had some clout, and got the law passed that exempted the old cars from smog checks. (He was a state senator - termed out a while back).

If this had been any old Mustang, nine years ago, $2500-3000 would probably have been enough to send it out of state or to eBay in parts.

Never trust a politician further than you could spit a rat is my advice...

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

300 mm lens on the macro setting, eh eh. That "E" on the casting date is for "Ernie". That block was made for me!
Old 03-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Snake Herder,

I still have all the original stuff on my car including the tires. And since helath issues are forcing me to drop out of the car clubs, I most likely will be sending mine to relatives in Arkansas.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 03-03-2005 at 05:36 AM..
Old 03-03-2005, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster/428CJ "The Stretch Limo of Cobras"
Send a message via AIM to Robert T. Faust
Not Ranked     

What about the guy who finds "a real" 29 - 40 body (be it Ford/Chevy/etc) in a barn, field or auto wreckers, and then builds his frame, suspension and the rest. Would this type car be able to be registered to the year of the body or would it require the SB100 thing?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Robert,

Be sure that you find the part that has the original VIN number or ID number on it and keep that on the car. Some had them on fire walls, doors etc. If you have that part and show it to the DMV, then you can do anything you want to most of the rest. Example. Here a man moved in from out of state with an original 33 Ford and had the original bill of sale and other paoers. But he had replaced the part of the body that had the number on it because of rust. And even though that number was on the paper work and they knew it was a real car, Calif. made him do it via SB-100. The CHP even hit the original wood in the door when they drilled to put their VIN on it. That was a couple of years ago. Now he would not be able to register it as he would never get one of the numbers. Also I question what it did to the value of the car if he ever wants to sell it out of this dam state as it is now titled as a replica and it is a real car.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery