Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

The perceived or additional value of purchasing a pre-owned Cobra or documented new as a 1965/1966 Model is subject to the DMV laws in the state where the vehicle will be registered

My pre-owned CR I was legally registered and titled as a 1966 in Wisconsin. CT requires all kit cars/replicas to have the model year be the year first registered in CT and the model name is changed by the DMV to Composite, i.e, I have a 2000 Composite. CT also assigns a new DMV issued VIN and the tag is applied to the vehicle by the Anti-Theft Unit. I remember the officer was extremely careful from an appearance viewpoint in positioning the tag using a permanent adhesive.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

I hope SEMA wins out pretty soon! If it looks like a duck then it is a ............ All manufacturers should, if they already don't supply a 17 digit VIN number "Good in all States!"
DV
Old 06-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

DV......a group of us from CT attempted the SEMA approach in the Spring of 2007, testified at the CT General Assembly Transportation Committee hearing and also submitted written testimony. SEMA did not testify in person, but submitted their written testimony. Request did not get acted upon.

On the positive side, the CT DMV did include in their annual DMV Bill an exemption on emissions testing for all " Composites " , For us, this was a big win , allowing any engine modifications etc. Prior to the exemption, the emissions testing requirement was based upon the model year registered including Composites with specific emission standards for Composites. Peter from ERA in New Britain CT testified in person as well as submitting written testimony.

The DMV Support Department was extremely helpful in allowing a review of the summary data, no names etc., on registrations by Model and Year. A factor which contributed to the acceptance of the emissions exemption that also applies to new Composite registrations, only 330 Composites registered in the state . Considering the New England weather and limited recreational use, the impact on the environment by the Composites was insignificant.

The CT Council of Car Clubs, aka 4Cs, has a lobbyist that continues to promote and monitor legislation impacting the hobbyist, but the SEMA approach has still not been accepted

http://www.ctccc.net/
Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well Done Don.....we shall keep trying!
DV
Old 06-05-2008, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Well Done Don.....we shall keep trying!
DV
What my question was is, why did Don Scott title my CRII that I paid for on 9/14/07 same car, same vin # off by 4 numbers .title as a 1967 and capteddy
paid for a CRII on 12/15/07 and Don Scott titled it as a 1966. I live in Iowa and a friend got a factory 5 here in town last june its titled as a 1966. I dont care what the year of my car is titled, It is never going to be for sale. If the state think its worth more money they will only want more to regestered it . What my question is why the difference in years from the same company ,at the same time ,with the same kit car.
Mahalo Kawika
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
What my question was is, why did Don Scott title my CRII that I paid for on 9/14/07 same car, same vin # off by 4 numbers .title as a 1967 and capteddy
paid for a CRII on 12/15/07 and Don Scott titled it as a 1966. I live in Iowa and a friend got a factory 5 here in town last june its titled as a 1966. I dont care what the year of my car is titled, It is never going to be for sale. If the state think its worth more money they will only want more to regestered it . What my question is why the difference in years from the same company ,at the same time ,with the same kit car.
Mahalo Kawika

Good question maybe best answered by Don Scott himself. Doubtful though. I thought they were all 1965 replicas. Maybe other CRI and II owners can sound off on this one. I would think the difference in registration costs would be very minimal.

John
Old 06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys it is NOT titled as a "1966" anything- it is a 1966/65 Replica, then it is titled the year it is sold. I know it is confusing but almost every state is doing it their own way and they do want their taxes, ask those poor fellas in California. That is why it is so important that SEMA wins, and they are even if it is state by state. Face it SEMA and the NSRA aint no small puddle, and our Cobras don't make a drop in the "streetrods of the world! Buy a TCI frame, an Antique & Collectible '34 Ford body, rear end from SVO, transmission from David Kee, tons of parts from Lokar, Watsons, etc, and dammmnn, THEY don't call them "Kit CARS"! "They're STREET RODS! BS~!!
DV
Dammmm now you pulled my string!
Why some are listed as '66 or '65 I have no idea. Maybe a different person is typing up the CMOS?

Last edited by Double Venom; 06-05-2008 at 10:29 AM..
Old 06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Mine was listed as a "66 and is titled as a '66 Ford 2DRSD-RPLC here
in Hawaii.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

I am not the original owner of mine and have no cert. from CR. My title doesn't say 1965 anywhere. It does say 1997 though.

John
Old 06-05-2008, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My MSO says year 1999 shipping weight 2500 and under series or model says classic 427 kit?1966 cobra. The state of minnesota titled mine as a 1966 cobra.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The question mark was supposed to be a back slash/. sorry about the confusion. it cost me a total of 144 dollars and it is licensed as a collector.