Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Classic Roadster 418W
Not Ranked     

MaSnaka,
We, too, thought it was awesome winning a kit! The London Cobra Show actually called us on our way home from Ohio to tell us that we won. It happened to be our anniversary, which was better yet. Little did we know the problems that lay ahead in getting it built. Never has a $50.00 donation cost me so many thousands of dollars. Empy pockets----ya got that right!

True007,
We were never issued a "certificate of origin" --that was to be issued at the time of final payment. The kit was never given to us, it was at CRII and was to be assembled there. We were sent pictures of our car's progression, but we have no idea where it is now. Haven't been able to get ahold of Don Scott, and can't get any other information because he has filed for bankruptcy. Sure makes the "completed" raffle cars of the Spring Flings and current London Cobra Shows look pretty damn good, doesn't it?

Gary
Old 02-26-2009, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Gary / GLE,

Since I started the "Double Venom Spring fline" with my family and a ton of Cobra guys, I/We never dreamed this would happen! It was all for Jenny Smith and CF and as far as I know of they are still collecting for CF.

Tell you what, it wont be free BUT if you get your kit, lets change that to 'when' you get your kit, if you so desire I will build your entire car for free. You just pay for parts, paint & material. If I had any regular income other than retirement I would do it all for you for free but I can only offer to build.
DV- We are one of the tightest non blood related family's around, no competition!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     
Default CRII Brotherhood

DV, Your offer makes me proud to know you, if only through this forum and your past advice.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
DV, Your offer makes me proud to know you, if only through this forum and your past advice.
Well put.....
Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt C. View Post
Well put.....
x2

Terry
Old 02-27-2009, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII
Not Ranked     

So far I have not heard from Don about crII being in bankrupt court ,and I do have a dog in this fight. all my dealings were with Pete Johnson and the only time I talked to Don was one last phone call under 60 seconds, but I have learned to know him through his friends, he said he will make it right and he only needs more time. HE IS STILL DOING WHAT HE SAID. he filed chapter 13 that means that he has three to five years to pay ALL that he owes to everyone!!! unsecured debts first " customers who paid for kits" his legal advice has not let him talk about what is going on here. His court hearing in March 17,2009 @ 1pm case #09-60126 lets give him at lest till then to be done with legal advice. Don did say that all he had left was his honer and I think we should let him keep that. I pray that all goes well for him and that he does get a good life back. Dave
Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kawika,
A truly informed and level headed guy amongst us.

If "you' haven't ben notified of the Bankruptcy hearing by the time it is scheduled then I ASSUME Don has not listed you as "being written off'. Even if you are that does NOT mean Don will not at least try to correct the wrong with each one of the plaintiffs.
DV
Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default For what it's worth...

If you are concerned about whether you are listed as a creditor, and have not received notice, or if you are just particularly nosey about these sort of things, our Federal Courts allow you to peruse filings on line at the cost of $.08 per page. https://ecf.mnb.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/login.pl
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Its case number 6:09-bk-60126 if anyone really is that interested.. I already read all of the documents out of curiosity. And I don't even have any stake in this.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster Ford 302
Not Ranked     
Default finding info

I tried the link form patrickt with no luck any other way to find
info if I'm listed.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetrackrider View Post
I tried the link form patrickt with no luck any other way to find info if I'm listed.
It's called the PACER system, but you're right, the link I posted seems to be down. Here is the home page for PACER. http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/
Old 02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

I have the creditor list thats on there.. If anyone wants to know if they are on it PM me..
Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kawika,

I have been following the events as best I can from the outside. I have an interest but not because Don owes me money. I agree, if his honor is all that is left, he deserves to keep that. Bancruptcy is a nasty business. I think the secured debt is satisfied first, if I recall. That means if a person has a lien on goods they get priority. Unsecured are general obligations after wages and liens. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfletch View Post
Kawika,

I have been following the events as best I can from the outside. I have an interest but not because Don owes me money. I agree, if his honor is all that is left, he deserves to keep that. Bancruptcy is a nasty business. I think the secured debt is satisfied first, if I recall. That means if a person has a lien on goods they get priority. Unsecured are general obligations after wages and liens. Correct me if I am wrong.
sorry I cant tell you Im not a lawer .I am a contractor, I paid cash in full back in 9/15/07, so no recorse .the house that I was building when I was planing to cover the cost of the car,went over budget and asked me to wait to let him refinace , he screwed me and I have a lien on him. since then I have found the last parts and just tryng to get this car on the road. so I am really reaching pretty deep to trust anyone at this time, but I still want to try (but don't any of you ask for a loan) lol Dave
Old 02-28-2009, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     

Boy does this thread bring back some painfull times for me. In 1992 I paid in full for a CLR built in N.D. The Co. went under and all I got was a body and a frame and nothing else, Like others I built the Cobra from other parts, lonestar,midsates,shell valley,it took me six months to get a steering rack. When CLR started back up I asket for parts at cost and I was turn down. At the time I was working 12hrs days and losing all the parts ,windscreen gas tank,wireing, etc,etc, was a real hardship. During that time I also lose my wife, my twin brother and five good friends in a accident. We file claims and no one I know ever a got a dime. It took me five or six years to get the parts together to finish the Cobra.
I due love my Classic and really enjoy drving it, I have often thought I would not ever get it done and often thought I would sell it, but each time I start that 427 up and see the smile on the kids face it gives me a warm feeling, Its the last Cobra I well have as I am 66 and well pass it onto my son.

Andy
Old 03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Classic Roadster 418W
Not Ranked     

DV,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. We've been out of state for a week.
I just read your post and want to thank you for the generous offer! If we would receive our kit, engine, transmission, and "everything package" that we've already paid for, we would sure consider you to finish the build of the car. We would never accept the free labor, however. Thanks so much for offering, though.
Just have to wait to see where we go from here I guess.

Gary
Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary,
cpteddie is about the only guy left around here that knows me personally. I assure you it is would be a privilege to build your car-(Keeps me out of the house and under foot of the boss)!

Please don't make me retract my offer. I simply refuse to take any money to build your car, I owe Don that much anyway. If I had actually been 1/2 'owner' of CR II as Don & I Originally planned, I would have built it anyway.

Allow me my pleasures and helping a fellow Cobra owner out.

When you get your Cobra, with your permission I will get it on the road for you!
DV
Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Gary,
cpteddie is about the only guy left around here that knows me personally.
Quote:
I assure you it is would be a privilege to build your car-(Keeps me out of the house and under foot of the boss)!
Well... As to point one above. I can not begin to tell all of you how much of a honor and privilege it is to have met DV and have him build my car. I'm thinking I should start working on him about making a road trip to London to help me show off our DVIII special addition That would also give some of you making the pilgrimage to Ohio a chance to meet the man in person and pick his brain about CRIIs

As for #2... I'm pretty sure his misses would appreciate the help to keep DV busy and out of the house
Old 03-07-2009, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Aww-Geee,
I've got to meet this 'DV' guy one of these days.
DV
Old 03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Aww-Geee,
I've got to meet this 'DV' guy one of these days.
DV
Quit blushing like a little school girl and get the paint gun cleaned up and warmed up