Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: In process of purchasing from GLR, 427C 351W 365+hp
Not Ranked     
Default CRII-GLR Build?

Well I joined all you crazy Cobra Lovers and enthusiasts only days ago and i am amazed at all the help and support i've gotten. You guys don't know me from Adam, yet you've put a smile on my face and have given me hope when i thought there wasn't any. I really can't say enough about how some of you have verbally slaped me, I deserved it partly, and i took it with a grain of salt.
Others made phone calls on my behalf and could have very possibly changed the outcome of my project, only time wil tell.
I have put a significant deposit on a roller package and i have been told that realistically i could receive shipment within 45 days. I believe it will be the first car produced out of what ever becomes of CRII. Stay tuned!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

I hope the next 45 days are god ones
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Scarey59,
Good luck and enjoy your Cobra when you get it. I know that Bill Emerson was going to help out with some updated info/parts. One thing that Bill told me was that he changed the door hinges so the door would open away from the body for more room to get in and out. Hope you get that upgrade. Let us know how it go's. If there is anything that you need, just ask. We are all here to help in any way that we can.

Terry (from Calif)
Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Terry and Doug I....It may be a long shot, I know, but I stiill want it to happen. Bill Emerson has been great and I hope your right about the doors. I'm 6'2 so those doors would be useful.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think I am going to call Bill and see if his door hinges will bolt up directly to the CR. I might buy a set and put them on my car. I will let you all know what I find out.

Terry (from Calif.)
Old 02-20-2009, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
I think I am going to call Bill and see if his door hinges will bolt up directly to the CR. I might buy a set and put them on my car. I will let you all know what I find out.

Terry (from Calif.)
Terry

Let me know what you find out.. I might be interested in these as well.. Granted I don't weigh as much as I did but I am still a stocky 230...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Guys,

Bill also cut the original cowl hoop I believe it was back and made about 6" more space in his cars. They cut them back and welded a plate or something for the hinges to bolt to and that way you not only have a door that opens wider, but an extra 6" to swing your legs in and out. Ask him and I am sure that he will send you some close up pictures of the doors. His shop used to be just across the freeway from me but he has since moved to South Redding and I don't get down there often any more. He made a lot of improvements in the floor pans, seats and other things.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a road trip to me.. I can probably be there in a little over an hour on my Harley...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill did extend the door length and his Cobra is Wider and longer than a CR. He still has some origional CR parts, not many and he would have to dig them out of storage. He is real busy and only a small 4-5 man shop. He has over 60 cars to build and his wait time is about 5 years.
OFM, If you want to make a road trip and i am available, Im in for it.

Terry (from Calif.)
Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Hey Scarey,
Since Capteddie's build is about completed, we need a new one to jump on for our fulfillment. Please keep the info and progress coming. Welcome to the madness. What part of the country are you located if you don't mind revealing?

John
Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm in upstate NY...I'll keep you in the loop.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarey59 View Post
Well I joined all you crazy Cobra Lovers and enthusiasts only days ago and i am amazed at all the help and support i've gotten. You guys don't know me from Adam, yet you've put a smile on my face and have given me hope when i thought there wasn't any. I really can't say enough about how some of you have verbally slaped me, I deserved it partly, and i took it with a grain of salt.
Others made phone calls on my behalf and could have very possibly changed the outcome of my project, only time wil tell.
I have put a significant deposit on a roller package and i have been told that realistically i could receive shipment within 45 days. I believe it will be the first car produced out of what ever becomes of CRII. Stay tuned!
so what has become of CRII are they selling cars again? and what about parts paid for in full over a year and a half ago? Dave
Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Sad to say but I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for old deals to be
made good. Don took care of a lot of people when he took over and I think
it didn't help him financially (the good will was great but he's gone) and doubt
if the new owner will be in a position to do that. The main good thing about
the new start up (if it is happening) is that parts will again be available plus
hopefully, technical help.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My guess is that CRII will cease to exist...any monies paid to them would be written off? I'm not an attorney so i don't really know. I do know that any time I've pre paid I've gotten burned and man this one is gonna smart like nobodys business! Dang why do i have any faith left in people?
Old 02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scary59,
Are you already saying that you are SOL on your purchase? Did Terry (GLR) already tell you that you are not getting your car or your money back?

Terry (from Calif.)
Old 02-22-2009, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Gentleman,
Lets not get to far head with the 'wishfull' thinking. Scarey, like any knew guy wanted to believe what he heard.........OR was told. Unfortunately I think he was a little 'positive' in his thinking not knowing the full story. I have been in constant touch with Scarey and at this point we both have strings on our fingers.

As most of you know Terry from GLR's has been trying for over three to come up with the necessary monies to buy CR's II and get it back to where it belongs. Right now all future investors have walked away but one, it is that one, per Terry, that we are waiting on. That deal again per Terry was supposed to be done Friday last. As of right now I/We have not heard from Terry again...... Add a third string to those fingers!

Part of Dons collapse and only part of it was as "K" said Don spent thousands on parts, complete kits etc. that had not been delivered when he took over, and paid for everythig out of his own pocket. I know Don plans on making up all backorders, one way or the other when and IF he is able to sell the company!

Good or bad this is the latest on th selling of CR's II.

DV-Anybody want to start a "Co-op?"
Old 02-22-2009, 04:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, Terry is still working on all the logistics....for CRII components, they just might be under another name and thats if he can make this deal work?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ClassicRoadster 4.6 supercharged
Not Ranked     

I have been told that G L R is now out of business sense mid November and has had couple of g's of mine, no money, no parts, no answer on phone. Bill Emerson great source of info but he has changed the car so much there is not much that will just bolt on.I have some parts(stock roll bar 351 headers,headlamp buckets,door hinges, one standard dash,might have there foot pedals. ) I hope not too many got caught up in all the mess
Old 02-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
You are correct about Bill Emerson's parts not bolting onto a regular Classic Roadster. He has changed so much it would be hard to make his stuff work. I got mine in 96 and had great luck, but wound up changing about everything on the car. When I sold it, the only thing that was still Classic roadster was the shape of the doors.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 02-22-2009 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Reason for the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarey59 View Post
No, Terry is still working on all the logistics....for CRII components, they just might be under another name and thats if he can make this deal work?

The reason for the question is it sounded like you were already writing your money off. At least to me anyway.

Terry (from Calif.)