Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool Excited about my 1st kit car!

Hi! i'm new to the Club and the Cobra world. Just bought my first kit car and should be on the road with it by mid-September. Right now I'm working through the process of getting it tagged in Maryland. Would appreciate insight from anyone who has been through this step already. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions over the next few months. Hope I can find answers here!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

You're in luck, BD. The forum has a "registration" board, here:

Registration Forum - Club Cobra

Go to that forum, use the search function to limit the search to Maryland, and you should have some info to help you.

Congrats on your project, welcome to the forum!

Cheers from Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Thanks, Dugly! There is a tremendous amount of info on the various forums. Glad I joined this Club!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog View Post
Hi! i'm new to the Club and the Cobra world. Just bought my first kit car and should be on the road with it by mid-September. Right now I'm working through the process of getting it tagged in Maryland. Would appreciate insight from anyone who has been through this step already. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions over the next few months. Hope I can find answers here!
First off congratulations on getting your first car-kit and indeed welcome to Club Cobra, its an awesome place and quite an experience. The guys and gals on this site are more than helpful when you run into issues with your build or when a decision needs to be made and you are not quite sure which way to go. In any event good luck with your build and if you don't mind can you send progress pictures, BTW what kit did you get? tin-man
Old 07-30-2011, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

We're kinda Stuffy around here, we call them "Replicas" Yeah, what are you building???
Old 07-30-2011, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13* View Post
We're kinda Stuffy around here, we call them "Replicas" Yeah, what are you building???
awww shucks, rephrase, what brand of replica kit did you purchase? You guys in California are too strict. whereas we in Arizona, are well, well, sorta laid back n'all. Yep that's it, laid back. tin-man
Old 07-30-2011, 11:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     

Couple of Unique Motorcars guys in your area... Tony Naumoff and Jim Harding. They've been through it and can steer you in the right direction. They are great guys, and you can contact them here or over on the Unique forum at the Unique Forums

Good luck!

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear

Last edited by PDUB; 07-30-2011 at 11:50 PM..
Old 07-31-2011, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool My build

Thanks for your interest and support, Tin-Man and *13*. I'm having an FII 427 Roadster built on a Shelby Series 1 frame. Working on powering it with a 427 Aluminum Ponds motor...should be quite a beast! Motor Trend published an article on July 21st on their web site about these roadsters. They're calling it the Shelby Cobra for the 21st Century. I'll post pics as the build progresses.

Thanks, PDUB, for pointing me to the Unique Forum. I'm def going to check that out!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

fii_roadstersweb
Rolling chassis $104,500.00!!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 07-31-2011, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13* View Post
I tend to agree. Every time I hear the pharse "Kit Car", you could use my sphincter as a cigar cutter!

Welcome baddog!
Larry
Old 07-31-2011, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
I tend to agree. Every time I hear the pharse "Kit Car", you could use my sphincter as a cigar cutter!

Welcome baddog!
Larry
Larry, while the visual of your comment is hilarious, two things come to mind, first, why would you waste a good cigar by shoving it up your keester to clip the end off, and two, I'm guessing its kinda hard to accomplish such an act in mixed company huh? But then again, each to their own. tin-man
Old 08-01-2011, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

How about fhe term...." Custom Hand Built Classic", a "one off" as Jay Leno says, in my garage.

Anything classier than..."is it real!".
Bill
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Wink Kitcar - shkitcar! Nevermind all that - this is interesting

The "kit car" that baddog has bought is one of 50 or so "cobraesque" cars being built on the leftover Shelby Series I chassis. The hard points on the existing frame dictate some alterations to the Cobra body features and folks will decide whether the external aesthetics are palateable to them or not.

The roller sells for $104500.00 and according to MotorTrend, the chassis stiffness and handling are pretty impressive.
Read it here: FII Roadster: Shelby Cobra for the 21st Century - Motor Trend

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah, I was reading about it and it looks to be quite a car.
Larry