Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default ORIGINAL Design Drawing PRINTS

Hello everyone at CC,

My name is Kevin Chun and new to the club/forum. Thank you for having me.
First, I'd like to share a little background and second, I'm wondering what opinions you guys have about a concept I have in the works.

In 2006, following in my dad's footsteps, I graduated from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. I received a Bachelor of Science in Transportation Design. I currently work in the (now very struggling) automotive industry as a designer for Calty Design Research - a subsidiary of Toyota's global design network.

Anyway, now the cool stuff. I'm the son of John M. Chun, a designer who worked for Carroll Shelby/Shelby American in Los Angeles in 1967-68. He was a designer assigned to the 1967-68 Shelby GT350 and GT500. During his time working for Carroll, my dad produced a lot of design related sketches pertaining to the GT cars and Cobra at that time. Since my dad is a phenomenal pack-rat, and now that I'm out of school with time and some income, the sketches have surfaced.

I'm wondering what value you guys would give these images...or what route I should take here.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Kevin

Last edited by kchunner; 11-23-2008 at 06:18 PM..
Old 11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

Kevin, I have no idea what these things are worth but I know what you have is way cool. I'd suggest posting this in the main "All Cobra Talk" forum as it gets a lot more traffic. I think you'll have a lot of interest.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

TREASURE! Welcome aboard, you're in the right place. You might also want to check in with the SAACforum.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Be careful. If your dad was working for Shelby American when he did the drawings, there may be a case for true ownership of these drawings. You may be selling Shelby owned material. With ol' CS sueing everyone who crosses his path, you might want to consult someone who specializes in copyrights.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:37 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

First off, welcome to Club Cobra, it's a great place to hang out and learn a little more about what your fathers hard work was all about.

Second, I just wish you had come here with a mind set of sharing your fathers legacy instead of masking your intro with a sales pitch, which so many others have done in a true hit and run "look what I found, oh yeah, they are going on sale for xxxxx".. You had me until the last paragraph, then I got turned off completely.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-23-2008, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

Collectivism on the march. Bazaar.

Kevin, if you have any sample images of what these things look like it might be helpful.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     

"digitally remastered" gotta love it...

I would have waited till the old man kicked the can so he doesn't sue you, he is really good at it.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_hv View Post
"digitally remastered" gotta love it...
"Digitally Remastered" -- meaning, scanned in to Photoshop, apply AutoTone, AutoContrast, AutoColor then a little Sharpen filter, Clone Stamp Tool and you're done. kchunner, don't be an a$$hole, put the hi-res scans in to an FTP account for anonymous downloads and be done with it.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Patrickt - Half Ass Member,

That's exactly how I would do it! You obviously don't have any idea...only the novices would use the 'auto' tools. I'm just trying to pay the bills and help my old man out...you can put your a$$hole attitude in a FTP account and be done with it.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance/427 fe ford
Not Ranked     
Default can't we all just get along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchunner View Post
Patrickt - Half Ass Member,

That's exactly how I would do it! You obviously don't have any idea...only the novices would use the 'auto' tools. I'm just trying to pay the bills and help my old man out...you can put your a$$hole attitude in a FTP account and be done with it.

Thanks
now now
Old 12-06-2008, 03:18 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, let's not get touchy here, we're just one big happy family, cheap.... but happy. Let's not rock the Cobra.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchunner View Post
I'm just trying to pay the bills and help my old man out...
Well, just put them on Ebay and you'll get whatever people are willing to pay for them....
Old 12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Default What have you got?

Kevin,
Your first post asked the question: what would these sketches be worth; without knowing what you have and the condition of these sketches, it's kind of hard to put a price on anything. Are you selling the originals, or copies as some of the posts may suggest.

Maybe a post with some photos of the sketches would be helpfull.

TL
(Heading South for the winter soon)
Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kevin,

As a fellow designer, I appreciate your question. I think you would be better off contacting some serious collectors, who understand the value of this type of work. You can PM me if you'd like, and I may be able to help you contact some people who might have an interest in the work.

ps. I understand if you never return to read this post.

Last edited by puppster; 12-06-2008 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: ps
Old 12-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Old Drawings/Blueprints are Nice...

They're nice, and they do serve a purpose. Over on the FE Forum we have a lot of the original Ford blueprints, in hi-res scans, available for perusing. They come in handy when settling disputes over arcane FE trivia, like the jiggle-valve for instance. Here's a link to some, if anyone's interested:
http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/sup...try/1777/17269